[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

Swordsman

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2002
Messages
92,485
Reaction score
2,468
Definitely not. But overclockable, to around 90-110hz.

Do read up on PWM issues that plague most QNIX Monitors. I think the model you have linked to is affected by PWM/flicker.

Also, it should be cheaper on Qoo10 by AccessoriesWhole, a very reputable seller.

crossover model is better ?
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
True true, side by side... :s12::s12::s12:
62atUwf.jpg

The big ass monitor on the left is Wasabi Mango 49" 4K? Are both monitors driven by single graphics card?

Yes, the WM 49" UHD beside Crossover 27" QHD. Both driven by gtx 1070. The benchmark window you see on the WM is running in 1440p. Time to hoot buddy😹😹😹

Wah lau .... seeing your setup makes me very gian leh.

Gaming with 49" 4K monitor .... must be freaking immersive. But I will have to upgrade my graphics card also liao. LOL!
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Wah lau .... seeing your setup makes me very gian leh.

Gaming with 49" 4K monitor .... must be freaking immersive. But I will have to upgrade my graphics card also liao. LOL!

Lol I very rarely game in 4K, you need a gtx1080 minimum to comfortably do that. To my eyes, image quality is such that I rather game with 1440p ultra settings then 2160p med/high settings. But it's individual and game specific too. Casual gamer now, the monitor I consider for multimedia usage (Movies, TV series etc). Stop quoting me and hoot leh:vijayadmin:
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Lol I very rarely game in 4K, you need a gtx1080 minimum to comfortably do that. To my eyes, image quality is such that I rather game with 1440p ultra settings then 2160p med/high settings. But it's individual and game specific too. Casual gamer now, the monitor I consider for multimedia usage (Movies, TV series etc). Stop quoting me and hoot leh:vijayadmin:

Wah lau, big investment leh. I may plan to study again. If buy liao, keep playing game, then jialat liao. LOL!

I just found this one 48" 4K UHD PVA Panel for about $750.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/WASABI-MA...NITOR-ULTRA-HD-PVA/483170092?selectedOptions=

Is IPS very much better than PVA Panels?
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Wah lau, big investment leh. I may plan to study again. If buy liao, keep playing game, then jialat liao. LOL!

I just found this one 48" 4K UHD PVA Panel for about $750.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/WASABI-MA...NITOR-ULTRA-HD-PVA/483170092?selectedOptions=

Is IPS very much better than PVA Panels?

Yeah it's the Zen series I was refering to. Consider the 40-43" which might be your sweet spot in terms of your sitting distance etc. Both got pros and cons, so again depends on your usage and preference.

 
Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Yeah it's the Zen series I was refering to. Consider the 40-43" which might be your sweet spot in terms of your sitting distance etc. Both got pros and cons, so again depends on your usage and preference.


From what I read, IPS is more durable lah. But for indoor use, PVA is pretty ok.

For the 49" 4K monitor, I feel that the actual comfortable viewing area is probably about 43" range right? The extreme, left, right and top part are areas which we don't really view that much right?
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Not sure about durability. Do a Google search, PVA vs IPS. IPS: pricier, accurate color, excellent viewing angle, prone to BLB and 'IPS glow'. PVA: narrow viewing angle, color shift, deeper blacks, cheaper. But I'm sure there are improvements over the years for these issues.

I will measure my eye distance to monitor later at night. Actually about looking at corners, remember that in many games the HUD elements like mini-map, chat window are right there, some games can customize and shift the HUD otherwise you might have to move your head a little when focusing on these elements.

But like what you say your sweet spot might be at 43".


From what I read, IPS is more durable lah. But for indoor use, PVA is pretty ok.

For the 49" 4K monitor, I feel that the actual comfortable viewing area is probably about 43" range right? The extreme, left, right and top part are areas which we don't really view that much right?
 
Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Not sure about durability. Do a Google search, PVA vs IPS. IPS: pricier, accurate color, excellent viewing angle, prone to BLB and 'IPS glow'. PVA: narrow viewing angle, color shift, deeper blacks, cheaper. But I'm sure there are improvements over the years for these issues.

I will measure my eye distance to monitor later at night. Actually about looking at corners, remember that in many games the HUD elements like mini-map, chat window are right there, some games can customize and shift the HUD otherwise you might have to move your head a little when focusing on these elements.

But like what you say your sweet spot might be at 43".

Wah lau ... play SC2 on 49" will be damn shiok man!

I only play FPS game now, call Warface. Now I only has time for this game.
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
From my experience, action adventure and open world games really feel immersive and cinematic. Even 3rd person shooters. RTS I've yet to try. I'm playing World of Warships now, really good.

UPDATE: When I'm sitting, my eyes are roughly anywhere between 100-125cm from screen.

Wah lau ... play SC2 on 49" will be damn shiok man!

I only play FPS game now, call Warface. Now I only has time for this game.
 
Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
From my experience, action adventure and open world games really feel immersive and cinematic. Even 3rd person shooters. RTS I've yet to try. I'm playing World of Warships now, really good.

UPDATE: When I'm sitting, my eyes are roughly anywhere between 100-125cm from screen.

100-125cm? So far? How about when you are doing work on MS Word or Excel or reply emails?
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Yeah roughly when playing games, I will get someone to measure when I'm focusing and doing work. Will update this post.

Now Qoo10 got promo for the Wasabi Mango UHD490 now. After discount with delivery is about $890 (After $120 cart discount).

Very tempting!! I am just afraid that the top part will be hard to see and the extreme left and right. I really hope that I can take actual look. *hint hint* LOL!
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Now Qoo10 got promo for the Wasabi Mango UHD490 now. After discount with delivery is about $890 (After $120 cart discount).

Very tempting!! I am just afraid that the top part will be hard to see and the extreme left and right. I really hope that I can take actual look. *hint hint* LOL!

Fortune rewards the brave and those who do not walk the beaten path;) Don't be afraid, just go to courts or harvey norman and sit in front of a 4k tv and test lol

UPDATE: When I'm focused on games or work my eyes are around 70cm from screen. Sitting posture is slightly leaning forward.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Fortune rewards the brave and those who do not walk the beaten path;) Don't be afraid, just go to courts or harvey norman and sit in front of a 4k tv and test lol

UPDATE: When I'm focused on games or work my eyes are around 70cm from screen. Sitting posture is slightly leaning forward.

Wah lau .... you really want to poison me deep deep ah!!
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Wah lau .... you really want to poison me deep deep ah!!

I think you would be good with a 43" then you can set your 27" in portrait and flank it on the left and right! It will look damn cool! WOW!!! :eek:

EDIT: LOL I measured, the UHD 49" in Landscape is roughly 24" in actual screen height, about the same as the QHD 27" in Portrait! You can make surround liao hahaha
 
Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
I think you would be good with a 43" then you can set your 27" in portrait and flank it on the left and right! It will look damn cool! WOW!!! :eek:

EDIT: LOL I measured, the UHD 49" in Landscape is roughly 24" in actual screen height, about the same as the QHD 27" in Portrait! You can make surround liao hahaha

Actually, for work, my current setup is ok. I wonder whether can we use VR headset for all this game instead. It'll be even more immersive right?
 

th3pr0

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
383
Reaction score
1
For people who brought the crossover fast 144. How much did the seller declared? Will they declare the full $619 even though we paid only $379?

Update: just receive my good and forced to pay $52 for GST. Anyone know if it's possible to get a GST refund and provide QOO10 invoices?
 
Last edited:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,833
Reaction score
1,780
For people who brought the crossover fast 144. How much did the seller declared? Will they declare the full $619 even though we paid only $379?

Update: just receive my good and forced to pay $52 for GST. Anyone know if it's possible to get a GST refund and provide QOO10 invoices?

Wow 619 listing price is more expensive than 4k monitors. I bought a 40 inch 4k monitor from goni global, listing price $489.90 and he under declare as usd $250.
I paid: $489.90-$10 mastercard -$95.95 ($120 qoo10 voucher) -11.4 (3% gift card) = $372.55

You paid $379 but must include delivery too. But $52 for 7% GST means he declared as $742? Even my previous Shimian 1440p monitor cost $340 5 years ago didn't kena GST.
 
Last edited:

dumboi2

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
Anyone shipped in monitor from South Korea via EMS instead of Fedex? Qoo10 seller giving me this option
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top