Motorola Razr+ / Razr Lite

eS.KuKu

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
1,819
Reaction score
97
I can see volte icon too on my CN set, I am on M1. Weird that when I was using Pixel 7 pro, there's no Volte, this make the zoom/teams conference using the phone so painful.

eh bro since you on m1, can asked if you ever see 5g working?

always see people say 5g not working on CN set, but i got 5g signal for once i at jurong area.
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
eh bro since you on m1, can asked if you ever see 5g working?

always see people say 5g not working on CN set, but i got 5g signal for once i at jurong area.
I am not on their 5g package, initially I thought there's no need to sign for 5g package for 5g to work but I was told I have to haha so can't check for you.
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
^didn't work for me. I tried a slightly different way to flash eu rom (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/no-razr-2022.4500499/page-3 form post #58). Relocked the bootloader for the eu rom successfully, but my software channel was retcn even though i changed it to reteu so that means i can't get OTA.

I tried to go back to CN software the similar way i went to EU. Could load the CN software to use but if i relock the boot loader i would get the no OS error after relocking.
How about the official RETCN ROM from Lolinet?
Btw, did Wallet from Motorola works for you in EU ROM?
I found this XDA thread from the link you shared above, did you follow the same link to relock? Shall i add the "fastboot oem config carrier reteu" before the last line - "
fastboot oem lock"?

Thanks.
 
Last edited:

fwl18

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Messages
978
Reaction score
29
Hi, do you mind to share the (almost) detail steps here, were you following the post from #59? I just realised my software channel is still RETCN, damn. If i do
Code:
fastboot oem config carrier reteu
now, will it erase everything? The phone is my daily driver now so just want to make sure I don't have to reconfigure everything.

And how do you relock it, just
Code:
fastboot oem lock
and it didn't brick your set? Is it because the way you flash the eu rom differently? Thanks bro.
hihi if it is RETCN, then OTA won't work i believe, you are experiencing same as my set.
Actually it will show RETEU if u don't connect to internet (don't insert sim and put setup offline at the Wifi page) when setting up. Once u connect to wifi, it will go back to RETCN. I believe they deliberately do it this way, don't know how the XDA people manage to do it, maybe different phone different behaviour.

yea i used "fastboot oem config carrier reteu" to relock and didn't brick, but the OEM unlocking will be greyed out.
I read will become selectable again within 7 days but let me come back to u 6 days later. Don't try anything first, otherwise it's painful to keep reconfiguring the phone.
Not sure if the command will erase everything or not tbh.
Didn't brick i believe cos i didn't install magisk, didn't root.

i think the steps are almost the same as what u posted just that i never root. The is the "update" part from your xda link also. Here's what i did but i suggest not to try cos cannot get OTA, although can get singpass and banking apps working.

1. unlock bootloader - developer options - enable allow oem unlocking and usb debugging
2. download platform tools for adb, fastboot, etc
3. install motorola usb driver, not sure if this is necessary - https://en-us.support.motorola.com/app/usb-drivers
4. get unlock code from motorola - https://en-us.support.motorola.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-b
5. Download the latest Firmware from lolinet
6. Extract it, open servicefile.xml and copy the contents into this website (https://kfhost.net/flashfile)
7 Reboot your phone into fastboot (adb reboot fastboot or press and hold Power + Volume Down)
8. Open a CMD window in the extracted folder, paste the commands from the website and hit enter
9. fastboot oem config carrier reteu (won't work as discussed above)
10. fastboot oem lock
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
hihi if it is RETCN, then OTA won't work i believe, you are experiencing same as my set.
Actually it will show RETEU if u don't connect to internet (don't insert sim and put setup offline at the Wifi page) when setting up. Once u connect to wifi, it will go back to RETCN. I believe they deliberately do it this way, don't know how the XDA people manage to do it, maybe different phone different behaviour.

yea i used "fastboot oem config carrier reteu" to relock and didn't brick, but the OEM unlocking will be greyed out.
I read will become selectable again within 7 days but let me come back to u 6 days later. Don't try anything first, otherwise it's painful to keep reconfiguring the phone.
Not sure if the command will erase everything or not tbh.
Didn't brick i believe cos i didn't install magisk, didn't root.

i think the steps are almost the same as what u posted just that i never root. The is the "update" part from your xda link also. Here's what i did but i suggest not to try cos cannot get OTA, although can get singpass and banking apps working.

1. unlock bootloader - developer options - enable allow oem unlocking and usb debugging
2. download platform tools for adb, fastboot, etc
3. install motorola usb driver, not sure if this is necessary - https://en-us.support.motorola.com/app/usb-drivers
4. get unlock code from motorola - https://en-us.support.motorola.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-b
5. Download the latest Firmware from lolinet
6. Extract it, open servicefile.xml and copy the contents into this website (https://kfhost.net/flashfile)
7 Reboot your phone into fastboot (adb reboot fastboot or press and hold Power + Volume Down)
8. Open a CMD window in the extracted folder, paste the commands from the website and hit enter
9. fastboot oem config carrier reteu (won't work as discussed above)
10. fastboot oem lock
Thanks bro, will wait for your update then before I try to relock and redo everything.

Motorola just have a major update for its CN ROM, I saw Lolinet Lolinet has new ROM for RETEU dated 26 July but Retcn Rom still june 8 version.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2023/07/...-update-with-tons-of-optimizations-and-fixes/
 

alan98

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2001
Messages
252
Reaction score
38
Comparing with Samsung Flip 5… this Razr 40ultra still look nicer right? 🫢
RAZR 40 Ultra got Dex like feature. Flip 5 dun have. Front screen app compatibility also need to install good lock to activate on Flip 5 and sure wun be perfect. Razr 40 Ultra is out of box capable and should work better as it has been able to do so since 1st generation folding RAZR.
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
RAZR 40 Ultra got Dex like feature. Flip 5 dun have. Front screen app compatibility also need to install good lock to activate on Flip 5 and sure wun be perfect. Razr 40 Ultra is out of box capable and should work better as it has been able to do so since 1st generation folding RAZR.
One thing i observed from the Ben gadget review video, when he show the WA on external screen, I can see the keyboard doesn't occupy the whole screen like in Razr so we can still see what we type, hopefully Razr can fix it via firmware update? Not sure.
 

Erikku

Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2014
Messages
132
Reaction score
3
Hi guys, I'm interested in getting the the RAZR ultra 40 mergenta for my wife as she really loves the reds. But upon sourcing around it seems like only comes in China ROM for the red colour.

Can anyone confirm the below are a concern for using phone with china ROM in Singapore?

1) NFC feature I.e Google pay and simply go
2) all gov related apps
3) all local banking apps
4) usual OTA update from manufacturer?

Thank you
 

papablue2002

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I'm interested in getting the the RAZR ultra 40 mergenta for my wife as she really loves the reds. But upon sourcing around it seems like only comes in China ROM for the red colour.

Can anyone confirm the below are a concern for using phone with china ROM in Singapore?

1) NFC feature I.e Google pay and simply go
2) all gov related apps
3) all local banking apps
4) usual OTA update from manufacturer?

Thank you
Lazada have set from HK,global ROM.
 

Peanut15

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2018
Messages
800
Reaction score
343
One thing i observed from the Ben gadget review video, when he show the WA on external screen, I can see the keyboard doesn't occupy the whole screen like in Razr so we can still see what we type, hopefully Razr can fix it via firmware update? Not sure.
what if it's coz of the keyboard height? if use 3rd party and reduce the height may solve?
 

alan98

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2001
Messages
252
Reaction score
38
One thing i observed from the Ben gadget review video, when he show the WA on external screen, I can see the keyboard doesn't occupy the whole screen like in Razr so we can still see what we type, hopefully Razr can fix it via firmware update? Not sure.
Think Ben mentioned that Flip5 outer screen only can use Samsung Keyboard. RAZR can use GBoard no problem.
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
Think Ben mentioned that Flip5 outer screen only can use Samsung Keyboard. RAZR can use GBoard no problem.
Yep, and I only use Gboard, haven't tried with other keyboard if the WA message can be seen while typing on external screen.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Can someone post a screenshot of how texting in Whatsapp via the front screen look like?
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,918
Reaction score
13,645
Can someone post a screenshot of how texting in Whatsapp via the front screen look like?
Looks like this.

VRSISh7.png
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
Looks like this.

VRSISh7.png
Wah, how come I can't see the "This is test message" on my screen, only can see the suggestion words that's why I have to press down arrow to minimize the keyboard to see if my message is correct before send.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Wah, how come I can't see the "This is test message" on my screen, only can see the suggestion words that's why I have to press down arrow to minimize the keyboard to see if my message is correct before send.
Ya your comment got me wondering because I recall seeing the message bar in YouTube videos..
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,918
Reaction score
13,645
Wah, how come I can't see the "This is test message" on my screen, only can see the suggestion words that's why I have to press down arrow to minimize the keyboard to see if my message is correct before send.
Huh? You mean you can't see what you are typing?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top