MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Was wondering the same myself, a friend and I are having an issue where half of the Internet is down except certain sites such as Facebook. No one complained since 1130 though, which is when it started.

All my network stuff not working at all damnit.

Punggol down too.

Still down... -_-

Bukit panjang Here also down...sian...

No issue from my end.

Is the whole Internet down or certain websites unable to access?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
From MR Facebook.

"Our engineers discovered that there was a specific device that had problems routing a small number of subscribers on the network, and immediately worked to route past it. Sorry for the hiccup! ^Dan"
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
gah netgear is a really good brand - should have gone for this instead :/

EDIT: where are you sourcing all your Cat6 cables though? using a switch means I need a bunch of them

can buy from taobao.
I'm using nexus cat 6 last time i took from my workplace. :s13:
 

xiaogin

Master Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2013
Messages
3,772
Reaction score
34
You can google to find out what is the "Dark" side.



What is your Internet usage?

Apart from the infamous MR customer service, another point to note is the inconsistent billing date.
Hi xRenol, I need a stable and reliable network for the following.

1. Work from home. Stable network is important during my time at home working.

2. Online streaming (Football, Sports)

3. Downloading of Dramas, Movies and Serials.

What do you recommend?

*Btw, until now MR still haven get back to me even after writing an email last week.
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
can buy from taobao.
I'm using nexus cat 6 last time i took from my workplace. :s13:

taobao cheaper ah? lol never bought from there before
local prices at Challenger, etc is crazy even for the Daiyo ones :/

probably getting from Amazon (but still ex compared to Monoprice :/)
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Hi xRenol, I need a stable and reliable network for the following.

1. Work from home. Stable network is important during my time at home working.

2. Online streaming (Football, Sports)

3. Downloading of Dramas, Movies and Serials.

What do you recommend?

*Btw, until now MR still haven get back to me even after writing an email last week.

You can consider ViewQwest if price is not a concern.

Have the right expectation that stable and reliable network does not mean zero downtime.

Note: I am just another MR user.
 

xiaogin

Master Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2013
Messages
3,772
Reaction score
34
You can consider ViewQwest if price is not a concern.

Have the right expectation that stable and reliable network does not mean zero downtime.

Note: I am just another MR user.
Thanks bro for the advice.

I'm not expecting zero downtime, but I can't afford frequent downtime and yet I can't reach anyone via phone. Atm, I'm using Singtel and they do have their fair share of downtime over the years, but at the very least, I can get technical support most of the times.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Thanks bro for the advice.

I'm not expecting zero downtime, but I can't afford frequent downtime and yet I can't reach anyone via phone. Atm, I'm using Singtel and they do have their fair share of downtime over the years, but at the very least, I can get technical support most of the times.

As of now, the waiting time for MR customer service is very long or close to non existence. :)
 

xiaogin

Master Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2013
Messages
3,772
Reaction score
34
As of now, the waiting time for MR customer service is very long or close to non existence. :)
Goodness! Really thank you for your advice and comments.

I think I have an answer to which ISP should I go with.
 

mach0men

Banned
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
3,512
Reaction score
0
I just subscribed to MR from red camp and waiting for installation date. (Hope didn't make the wrong choice :vijayadmin:.

so just wanna know if that Teleport function is useful? Or should I cancel it? It seems like its auto enabled for new sign up.
 

polarbearz

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2005
Messages
1,345
Reaction score
2
I just subscribed to MR from red camp and waiting for installation date. (Hope didn't make the wrong choice :vijayadmin:.

so just wanna know if that Teleport function is useful? Or should I cancel it? It seems like its auto enabled for new sign up.

In the same boat, jump from green camp.

HOpe they can speed up the installation process haha, I left only 1 week on green plan before finish.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top