MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
All these actions have crossed my mind at some point.

Storming puts me in a compromised position, so that's out.

I'm still toying with what's the most effective way to get this story out into the mainstream…ST? Surely not one of those Real Singapore blogs? Does anyone know who might be the right person to email at ST?

Someone just moved out of my apartment block yesterday…a new person will come in soon….what if they want fibre too? Are they going to have to put up with all this BS all over again? That is why I think it is best to put this story out to a bigger audience so it shames these clowns into getting their act together. Once and for all.

Sending to blogger is useless since you would have to pay them to advertise ur problem...

U can try sending to TODAY newspaper, im sure they publish their emails in most of their cover stories. Find one that does inland news and you can try ur luck with them...
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
1,054
Sending to blogger is useless since you would have to pay them to advertise ur problem...

U can try sending to TODAY newspaper, im sure they publish their emails in most of their cover stories. Find one that does inland news and you can try ur luck with them...


I prefer not to send it as a "letter to the editor"…Dear Sir etc etc….that sounds like a personal problem….and people don;t want to read other people's problems.

I'd prefer to talk to a journalist, give them my account in writing, along with the parties names and contacts. Then, let them write the story…it would probably be more effective as a story along the lines of "Intelligent Nation 2015? How NetLink Trust has failed in its mission to bring fibre to the masses."
 

hellamatrix

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
338
Reaction score
10
Last Result:
Download Speed: 268562 kbps (33570.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 8444 kbps (1055.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
08/02/2015 12:49:23

I'm only able to achieve speeds of 268mbps with a direct connection to my N56U router with two cat 6 cables from my computer -> router -> ONT. However, when I tried connecting directly to the ONT I am able to achieve close to 1gbps and I gave a call to their technician who came down to check and he was able to get 1gbps on his laptop which wasn't a router issue. Can anyone help? :sad:


Okay I'm not too sure what's happening but every time I restart the test, my download speed improves by 10mbps. After about 6 tries, I am getting this speed:


Last Result:
Download Speed: 320484 kbps (40060.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 10127 kbps (1265.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 2 ms
08/02/2015 12:54:47



EDIT: After trying countless speedtests.

 
Last edited:

WhyOhWhy

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Not even half of 1Gbps

4125810152.png


This is the best what I get so far after first day of 1Gbps usage.

N56U with 1Gbps wired ethernet. all default settings.

any comment?:s11:
 

necxross

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
This is the best what I get so far after first day of 1Gbps usage.

N56U with 1Gbps wired ethernet. all default settings.

any comment?:s11:

Have you checked out their support page regarding speed and connection issues?

goo.gl/hDpeBQ

quite useful tbh
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
4125810152.png


This is the best what I get so far after first day of 1Gbps usage.

N56U with 1Gbps wired ethernet. all default settings.

any comment?:s11:

Try do a router reset to factory and sees if it helps.
I encountered that the last time i switched to a brand new RT-AC56U. Had to downgrade my firmware to some ancient version (which can do near 1Gbps) then slowly upgrade to the latest.

Last;y, if you enable QoS.. your speed will be somewhere like what you have gotten.
 

WhyOhWhy

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Try do a router reset to factory and sees if it helps.
I encountered that the last time i switched to a brand new RT-AC56U. Had to downgrade my firmware to some ancient version (which can do near 1Gbps) then slowly upgrade to the latest.

Last;y, if you enable QoS.. your speed will be somewhere like what you have gotten.

Tried these still doesn't improved:
1. Disabled QOS and firewall in Windows 8.1
2. Direct connect to modem, without router.
3. Used speedtest.myrepublic.com.sg :(
 

necxross

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Tried these still doesn't improved:
1. Disabled QOS and firewall in Windows 8.1
2. Direct connect to modem, without router.
3. Used speedtest.myrepublic.com.sg :(

Are you using CAT5E or CAT6? It could be faulty wires/ port if everything is set right.

The installing tech shouldn't leave your house without showing you a test 1Gb speed during the installation. If he can't get the speed, he'll normally notify HQ to do tests.
 
Last edited:

Johnnny

Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
246
Reaction score
0
Last Result:
Download Speed: 268562 kbps (33570.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 8444 kbps (1055.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
08/02/2015 12:49:23

I'm only able to achieve speeds of 268mbps with a direct connection to my N56U router with two cat 6 cables from my computer -> router -> ONT. However, when I tried connecting directly to the ONT I am able to achieve close to 1gbps and I gave a call to their technician who came down to check and he was able to get 1gbps on his laptop which wasn't a router issue. Can anyone help? :sad:


Okay I'm not too sure what's happening but every time I restart the test, my download speed improves by 10mbps. After about 6 tries, I am getting this speed:


Last Result:
Download Speed: 320484 kbps (40060.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 10127 kbps (1265.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 2 ms
08/02/2015 12:54:47



EDIT: After trying countless speedtests.


Hi guys, check out the 1Gbps tips by MyRepublic! :)

MyRepublic | 1Gbps - Ultra-Fast Fibre Broadband
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,856
Reaction score
2,406
All these actions have crossed my mind at some point.

Storming puts me in a compromised position, so that's out.

I'm still toying with what's the most effective way to get this story out into the mainstream…ST? Surely not one of those Real Singapore blogs? Does anyone know who might be the right person to email at ST?

Someone just moved out of my apartment block yesterday…a new person will come in soon….what if they want fibre too? Are they going to have to put up with all this BS all over again? That is why I think it is best to put this story out to a bigger audience so it shames these clowns into getting their act together. Once and for all.

Good to hear you have the same sentiment.

Hope to see the article out soon
 

WhyOhWhy

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Are you using CAT5E or CAT6? It could be faulty wires/ port if everything is set right.

The installing tech shouldn't leave your house without showing you a test 1Gb speed during the installation. If he can't get the speed, he'll normally notify HQ to do tests.

I am using CAT5E and CAT6.
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,943
Reaction score
1,717
any 1 engage MR for installation this week? i booked opennet for this fri, they said ok...
few hrs later check with MR livechat regarding my booking, they told me Opennet there got problem, this fri installation donno still can proceed as usual anot.
 

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
any 1 engage MR for installation this week? i booked opennet for this fri, they said ok...
few hrs later check with MR livechat regarding my booking, they told me Opennet there got problem, this fri installation donno still can proceed as usual anot.

You better call NetLink Trust (No more OpenNet) to arrange directly. They will only give you one day, or even lesser, notification if they cannot make it to my house.

NLT screwed with me on two occasions like this. Wasted 2 days of my annual leave to stay at home and they called me on the same day to cancel the appointment. That is why I am not happy with VQ.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top