MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,213
Reaction score
18,528
Oh, I m on the new $10 plan on M1 network. My spam folder is empty

Oh, that means this is not for you. Don't worry. I got the email for maintenance is because I'm on old starhub network, I'm using the old Uno plan.

Anyway, how is the speed going on for you, and are using VOLTE for your voice calls?
 

5408854088

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
32,039
Reaction score
29
so if we are overseas, the MyRepublic Talk app will allow all incoming call regardless of what country to be deducted from the local talk time that we have, and if we were to call to Singapore they will just charge at 5¢ per minute?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,213
Reaction score
18,528
so if we are overseas, the MyRepublic Talk app will allow all incoming call regardless of what country to be deducted from the local talk time that we have, and if we were to call to Singapore they will just charge at 5¢ per minute?

Yes, you are right. But take note, when overseas you have to use the MyRepublic app and connected to either 4G or wifi. If there is no internet connection, it will be charged at a normal rate. Also in the app, you have to enable mobile forwarding.
 

JustDoLor

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2016
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
80
I have a main line with M1, no complaint, since I don’t use much data while on the go.

Speed wise MR is similar to the original M1.

Speed test at my front door with MR. Indoor will be slower. You can see the VoLTE on the screenshot.

rUOrNB5.jpg


Oh, that means this is not for you. Don't worry. I got the email for maintenance is because I'm on old starhub network, I'm using the old Uno plan.

Anyway, how is the speed going on for you, and are using VOLTE for your voice calls?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,213
Reaction score
18,528
I have a main line with M1, no complaint, since I don’t use much data while on the go.

Speed wise MR is similar to the original M1.

Speed test at my front door with MR. Indoor will be slower. You can see the VoLTE on the screenshot.

rUOrNB5.jpg
Nice, good to have Volte. Yeah, your speed test very similar to M1.

I shall see if tonight I will be "ported" to m1 from SH.
 

5408854088

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
32,039
Reaction score
29
Yes, you are right. But take note, when overseas you have to use the MyRepublic app and connected to either 4G or wifi. If there is no internet connection, it will be charged at a normal rate. Also in the app, you have to enable mobile forwarding.

thanks. so actually can also buy a tourist sim card and it will also work the same right. cause some of their data roaming rates are not very good.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,213
Reaction score
18,528
thanks. so actually can also buy a tourist sim card and it will also work the same right. cause some of their data roaming rates are not very good.

Yup, you can buy the local sim card better, cheaper. But hopefully, they can revamp their data roaming plans soon. If they can do something like M1 data passport, it will be great!
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,213
Reaction score
18,528
Thanks

Used m1 before years ago. Dont remember any issuee. This MR $10 plan loooks good

No issues with M1 network. What telco or MVNO you using now?

My secondary line using old Myrepublic plan using Starhub network. I can say it's bad on starhub. I'm glad that they made the switch to M1 and my primary line is using M1.
 

assiak71

Master Member
Joined
May 3, 2018
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
43
No issues with M1 network. What telco or MVNO you using now?

My secondary line using old Myrepublic plan using Starhub network. I can say it's bad on starhub. I'm glad that they made the switch to M1 and my primary line is using M1.
I am using singtel now
Dont know if will feel a "downgrade" going to m1
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,213
Reaction score
18,528
I am using singtel now
Dont know if will feel a "downgrade" going to m1

Don't think it is a downgrade, latency wise, M1 is the lowest amongst all telco, lowest is better meaning loading is more responsive. I'm not sure about the latency of Singtel, as I've not yet tried Singtel.

Have been using M1 for more than 20 years. So far so good.
 

assiak71

Master Member
Joined
May 3, 2018
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
43
For MR is there overusage charge for outgoing calls? Or once hit quota cant call anymore
 

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
31,397
Reaction score
3,538
I have an old UNO plan, can I update to this $10 plan? There is no option on the app. Also it will be better if the app can handle 2 number under the same name as I have 2 lines.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,213
Reaction score
18,528
For MR is there overusage charge for outgoing calls? Or once hit quota cant call anymore

You still call out after your quota hits.
Excess charges:
Local outgoing calls to local sg number: 5c per min
Local outgoing sms to local sg number: 15c per sms
No excess local data charges.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,213
Reaction score
18,528
I have an old UNO plan, can I update to this $10 plan? There is no option on the app. Also it will be better if the app can handle 2 number under the same name as I have 2 lines.
Nope, you can't change UNO plan to this $10 plan. This is due to technical constraints, as old customers are on Starhub, and new plans from 31 March are on M1 network. They are still looking for workaround to switch customers over to M1.

Anyway,- they are coming up with something for UNO customers. Stay tuned
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,213
Reaction score
18,528
Seems like, after the midnight software upgrade for MyRepublic, I'm still on Starhub server (52505).

But still, I'm looking forward to them moving old customers to M1 server (52503). That would enable VoLTE for us. And speeds will be faster on M1.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top