New forum: Bugs reporting list!

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not really a bug, but is the "Customize" setting (fluid width, sticky sidebar, etc) set via cookies instead of account preferences? For example, I changed the Fluid Width setting, and it stays that way regardless of whether I'm logged in or not, until I clear my cookies for the day. The next time I access the website, the "Customize" settings are back to default and I have to set them again. Is it possible to make them stick whenever we're logged in?

Hi Lancer,

Tech team shared that if you've changed this setting when you're logged in, the change is saved to your profile.

However, if you've made/set the function while not logged in, it's saved in your browser cookie.

lancer6238

Reaction score
Hi Lancer,

Tech team shared that if you've changed this setting when you're logged in, the change is saved to your profile.

However, if you've made/set the function while not logged in, it's saved in your browser cookie.
Thanks for checking with the tech team. However, I saved the settings while I was logged in yesterday. Then I logged out and cleared all my cookies, and when I logged in today, the settings still weren't saved.

Quala98

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
screen resolution: 1920*1080
browser: Chrome
browser zoom setting: 100%

when i click on the notification to see who quoted me, i am being directed to the thread. This is fine. But instead of directed to my post, it always the post above me. I have to scroll down to see my post.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Veej, y’all really need to sort out your advertising. I am clicking buttons like ”Next” (as in next page) or ”Prev” (as in previous page) and it will go to other websites instead, e.g. to a SingTel ad page ... when there isn’t even any SingTel ad banner or even ad link anywhere on the page here.

UPDATE: I observe this phenomenon on mobile, and happens if the thing I am tapping on is at the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

Don’t tell me this is deliberate? :s22:

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
screen resolution: 1920*1080
browser: Chrome
browser zoom setting: 100%

when i click on the notification to see who quoted me, i am being directed to the thread. This is fine. But instead of directed to my post, it always the post above me. I have to scroll down to see my post.

Unlike the old forum where specific post links are loaded (or positioned) at the top of your screen, what we notice on the new forum is that it positions the post in question at the centre of the screen.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Veej, y’all really need to sort out your advertising. I am clicking buttons like ”Next” (as in next page) or ”Prev” (as in previous page) and it will go to other websites instead, e.g. to a SingTel ad page ... when there isn’t even any SingTel ad banner or even ad link anywhere on the page here.

UPDATE: I observe this phenomenon on mobile, and happens if the thing I am tapping on is at the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

Don’t tell me this is deliberate? :s22:

Uh oh... definitely not deliberate. Heh.

Could you share your browser, version and phone model used? We've seen some issues that only occur in some specific circumstances, so this might be one of them. I've not seen feedback pertaining to this similar issue yet.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uh oh... definitely not deliberate. Heh.

Could you share your browser, version and phone model used? We've seen some issues that only occur in some specific circumstances, so this might be one of them. I've not seen feedback pertaining to this similar issue yet.
iPhone SE 2020, surfing on Safari.

Anyways, I believe my conclusion is accurate ... it has to do with the ”removable” ad that comes up at the bottom of the screen - when you tap the down-arrow, it’s supposed to close that bottom ad, but it’s not closed at all, it really just becomes invisible, but if you tap anywhere where this bottom ad ”bar” was supposed to be as if you didn’t tap the down-arrow, e.g. the ”Next” or ”Prev” button, either nothing happens, or it opens the URL the already-”closed” bottom ad is supposed to bring you to, because apparently the bottom ad ”bar” has specific points you are supposed to tap.

UPDATE: Also tested on Safari on an iPhone 8, same thing.

Last edited:

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for checking with the tech team. However, I saved the settings while I was logged in yesterday. Then I logged out and cleared all my cookies, and when I logged in today, the settings still weren't saved.

Looks like this is something we'll have to work/tweak on how the cookies are treated.
Also, my bad that this particular feature isn't saved as part of your profile info and it's only based on cookie data.

SheepAries

Reaction score
This forum is really bad man, takes forever to load and consumes so much power. My advice is to fire everyone including doctor Vijay and all who worked on this project. It’s an absolute disgrace.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I installed Adblock , and I can't load the forum pages anymore (until I disabled Adblock). Is it a feature that I must allow ads ?

IndianChief

Banned
Reaction score
Now got fat white bar at the bottom when using Android Chrome

Smart-Select-20210426-204335-Chrome.jpg

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noticed the notification for subscribed threads to be a bit buggy. The alert will not go away despite clicking on the button. Compelled to go into the thread to get rid of the alert.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.