New MacBooks and Recommendations

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
on top of base price ,still gotta spend on accessories..hais

I bought both my first MBP in 2010 and last year's model at iStudio and Nubox respectively and they do give accessories such as laptop sleeve and keyboard protector. Screen protector I've to purchase myself and also not very cheap.

On top of these, I got myself the magic mouse also as I don't like to use trackpads.
 

Soya_Bean

Master Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
2,905
Reaction score
51
I bought both my first MBP in 2010 and last year's model at iStudio and Nubox respectively and they do give accessories such as laptop sleeve and keyboard protector. Screen protector I've to purchase myself and also not very cheap.

On top of these, I got myself the magic mouse also as I don't like to use trackpads.

now gotta spend additional on hubs etc if want to it for basic stuff like connecting thumb drives, hdmi etc. :s22:
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
now gotta spend additional on hubs etc if want to it for basic stuff like connecting thumb drives, hdmi etc. :s22:

Yeah that's the downside of USB-C, but in this case it combines USB 3.1, thunderbolt 3 and charging all in one port.

Honestly I don't like the idea of USB-C, still prefer the standard USB connector.
 

qwerty_hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
2,086
Apple is probably positioning MacBook Pro as the professional laptops.

Average user that are content consumers are being target to buy macbook 12" , iPad Pro 12.9".


I feel that the move to bring USB-C is forward thinking, but right now users are penalised to spent additional costs to purchase adapters as many peripherals are still using usbA.
 

putrasocool

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
391
Reaction score
1
Unfortunately, none of my family members use credit cards.. So cant use monthly installement. Though, im planning to use the device until my course end which is another 2 and a half yrs...

for charging
 

putrasocool

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
391
Reaction score
1
Adapters wise... I dun really mind... For my daily usage and school usage, just need an SD card slot and USB ports...

Non illuminated apple logo? I actually prefer something simpler... Just the logo itself made the laptop look more premium(in my pov).
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005

Beatrix

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
827
Reaction score
0
anyone has chosen to upgrade the ram to 16GB for 13-inch model?:s22:

Me, on the max base config for 13-inch touch bar model. For future-proof purposes.

Decided to make the plunge after reading online reviews these past two days. Did make a dent on my wallet, but oh well, waited for more than a year for Skylake refresh.

Shipping expected first week of Dec. Guess the late decision cost me early shipping of 2-3 weeks on launch day.
 

putrasocool

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
391
Reaction score
1
anyone has chosen to upgrade the ram to 16GB for 13-inch model?:s22:

thinking to pick the max out specs for 13 inch... student price is $3278++
Planning to get FCPX and AppleCare add on as well... Will let couple months past tho to see any probs...
 

SniperMarksman

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
29
anyone has chosen to upgrade the ram to 16GB for 13-inch model?:s22:

Me, on the max base config for 13-inch touch bar model. For future-proof purposes.

Decided to make the plunge after reading online reviews these past two days. Did make a dent on my wallet, but oh well, waited for more than a year for Skylake refresh.

Shipping expected first week of Dec. Guess the late decision cost me early shipping of 2-3 weeks on launch day.

Same here. Upgraded to 16GB ram for future-proof as well.

Decided to plunge the morning after the reveal even then the shipping - in the morning when I was still deciding was 2 - 3 weeks but by the time i made the order it'd become 3 - 4 weeks. Just (being optimistic) that it can ship slightly earlier (hopefully get it by 3rd week) :o
 

thonger81

Junior Member
Joined
May 7, 2016
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Adapters wise... I dun really mind... For my daily usage and school usage, just need an SD card slot and USB ports...

Non illuminated apple logo? I actually prefer something simpler... Just the logo itself made the laptop look more premium(in my pov).

Fyi, new models do not have usb ports or sd card slot, only thunderbolt 3 ports.
 

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
5,472
Reaction score
907
can anyone convince taking mcpro 13'' instead of xps13 pls. i been waiting for mcpro for 1.5 years for this release but the price is shocking
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top