Nov 2012 BTO

-cereal-

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
I got a 45x/716 for SK 5 rm. Not sure if I still have a chance for compassvale mast. Best case is to choose between a poor unit at good location (compassvale) or good unit at poor location (rivervale). How should I decide. :s11:

- location?
- high vs low floor?
- premium vs std?
- price difference?

Ya, what do u guys think? poor unit at good location or good unit at poor location?

compassvale is convenient but heard it will be quite crammed in the future. though i really like the full length window of premium flats, but since it is impossible to have unobstructed view, full length window abit no use also.
 

betterluck

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
49
Reaction score
9
Just to ask, im a student graduating next may and my bf is serving ns till next may.. We are first timer, applying bank loan since hdb loan require one of us to work min. 1 year.. but there will be no grant cus we are not under hdb loan right? I read that first timer 30k grant + stay near parents 10k grant only apply to buying resale flat.. In this case, this bto we dun have grant right?

Indeed only resale flat have that grant because HDB deem that BTOs are already much cheaper than the open market.
 

mazlanmadden

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Hi bro, fellow bedok-er here! Queue no. 5xx/570..
Have been reading up on the past few BTO threads to find ways to console myself :(
Not sure whether I would even get the chance to select a unit on 7th floor or above.

Hopefully u able to get a good unit bro.. Just wondering which blk u looking at??
 

mazlanmadden

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
I got myself 11×/570 for Bedok. A really good xmas present for my gf and myself.
I will be looking out for a unit about 10 stores high.
Anyone been to the landing site? I was there just last week.

This for the fengshan project.

I may open a thread later this evening for Bedok Nov bto(or can someone do it for me pls?, I'm sitting at the lobby of my office right now. Lol)

Got urself a good number! Thats great.. Can check facebook group "fengshan greenville" if u have fb created by someone... Havent yet started talking there since not much members yet..

My current house(parents) is 1km away. So i see the site almost everyday. Haha.. So far nothing yet. Still trees and home to squirrels. Lol
 

logicet

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
0
Just to ask, im a student graduating next may and my bf is serving ns till next may.. We are first timer, applying bank loan since hdb loan require one of us to work min. 1 year.. but there will be no grant cus we are not under hdb loan right? I read that first timer 30k grant + stay near parents 10k grant only apply to buying resale flat.. In this case, this bto we dun have grant right?

check this for BTO's only grant, AHG and see if you're eligible.

HDB InfoWEB: Assessment of Income for AHG and SHG : Buying A New Flat
 

jizzbunny

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
8,375
Reaction score
1
Why nobody talk abt bedok leh??? Hahaha.. 3xx/570 here.. Any future bedok-ers?;)

Hi bro, fellow bedok-er here! Queue no. 5xx/570..
Have been reading up on the past few BTO threads to find ways to console myself :(
Not sure whether I would even get the chance to select a unit on 7th floor or above.

Hey guys, I applied for Bedok too! 30x/570! :) I asked before and I'm gonna ask again, why is it that ppl are not revealing the actual q number? I'm following suit incase there's an important reason why so.

i applied for Bedok BTO too but my queue no 65x/570, dunno i will have chance to get? can you all update us after your appointment?

STRESS!!!

Hi potential neighbours! I created a thread here forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/nov-2012-bedok-bto-fengshan-greenville-4019689.html for a more localised group for nov Bedok bto-ers

This current thread will still be a rich source of information and relevant to all.

Got urself a good number! Thats great.. Can check facebook group "fengshan greenville" if u have fb created by someone... Havent yet started talking there since not much members yet..

My current house(parents) is 1km away. So i see the site almost everyday. Haha.. So far nothing yet. Still trees and home to squirrels. Lol

Hi bro... I currently live near harbourfront. Not what I will call a stone's throw away from my future place. Lol. I'll join the fb group shortly! Do Say hi!
 

lzjlee

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
4
Ya, what do u guys think? poor unit at good location or good unit at poor location?

compassvale is convenient but heard it will be quite crammed in the future. though i really like the full length window of premium flats, but since it is impossible to have unobstructed view, full length window abit no use also.

Haha.. I think it's a matter of individual needs n preferences which may be different from one another. Yes. Compassvale is infact alrdy very crammed now. But I doubt Rivervale will retain its free space n greenery for long due to the scarcity of land in SG n the govt commitment of ramping up supply.

Personally, I will go for compassvale without doubt even for low floor. I will jus take wadever is left for me. No choice alrdy. Good no very hard to get... All the best for ur selection
 

WickedPunisher

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Hi, 890 units comprises of compassvale and rivervale project. 4XX are allocated to compassvale.
I got Q57X and I am already feeling terrible :( such a premium location....

Yupp, i know that there are only 4xx 4 room units allocated to compassvale. What i wanna know is if there might be a chance for minority race to get a flat at compassvale with the q no. i have once the ethnic quota for the majority race is filled up.
 

Firmament1987

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,110
Reaction score
0
Last edited:

lzjlee

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
4
ehh.. there are 2 grants right one is the housing grant 2nd is additional housing grant one for 40k if u stay near parents 2nd is the depends on ur income one.. i just went to check hdb for bto only AHG is applicable to us right? the normal 40k dun have hor?
Yes. There r 2 grants for bto. One is the additional housing grant of up to 40k. The other is the special housing grant of up to 20k. Both grants depend on income n have different criteria to qualify. Both is applicable to all bto applicants so long as they fulfilled the criteria set out. For bto, staying near parents have no monetary grant. It only double ur balloting chances.

As for the normal 40k grant u r talking about, I think u r referring to the grants for resale. If u purchase a resale flat, govt will give u a grant of 30k so long as u r a FT. Another 10k if stay near parents.
 

Tandoor

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Ya, what do u guys think? poor unit at good location or good unit at poor location?

compassvale is convenient but heard it will be quite crammed in the future. though i really like the full length window of premium flats, but since it is impossible to have unobstructed view, full length window abit no use also.
Frankly, if I were u, the priority should be:
1. buy what you can afford.....not a good idea to over-stretch your finances and be always strap for cash. Life will be miserable as such.
2. Location, for the convenience
3. Get the floor that is available to you
4. Premium or standard is cosmetic thing, after all how many hours do u think u will be hanging around the house each day, unless u are into your friends "wow-ing" u.

In short, be practical.

imho
 

Tandoor

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Yes. There r 2 grants for bto. One is the additional housing grant of up to 40k. The other is the special housing grant of up to 20k. Both grants depend on income n have different criteria to qualify. Both is applicable to all bto applicants so long as they fulfilled the criteria set out. For bto, staying near parents have no monetary grant. It only double ur balloting chances.

As for the normal 40k grant u r talking about, I think u r referring to the grants for resale. If u purchase a resale flat, govt will give u a grant of 30k so long as u r a FT. Another 10k if stay near parents.
I think these are the rules for the CPF Housing grants for BTO:

Only 2 are available:

1. AHG, u need to be making 5000 combined income and below to qualify.
2. SHG, u need to making 2250 combined income and below to qualify on top of AHG.

I think for new flats it is restricted to the condition that you are married and both have to be SG citizens to qualify for the FULL grant.

And this I heard from people, when u sell they want the CPF housing grant money back...so it is like a no interest loan ? I dont know exactly how it works but this was what was told to me.....maybe not worthwhile to take the grant. I think u get to keep the CPF housing grants in your CPF, though. But, if u buy a resale flat later on, I dont know if u still qualify for the CPF family grant, since u were not qualified when u bought the new BTO. ANYONE know this ??

There is no CPF Housing grants for family for BTO. This is some 30k or so. Only resale flats and Exec Condo can qualify for this. I am guessing that BTOs are already subsidized housing hence don't qualify for this nice grant....grrrrr......

Correct me if I am wrong....I am a newbie myself to this also !
 
Last edited:

streetzboi

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Messages
659
Reaction score
0
Yes. There r 2 grants for bto. One is the additional housing grant of up to 40k. The other is the special housing grant of up to 20k. Both grants depend on income n have different criteria to qualify. Both is applicable to all bto applicants so long as they fulfilled the criteria set out. For bto, staying near parents have no monetary grant. It only double ur balloting chances.

As for the normal 40k grant u r talking about, I think u r referring to the grants for resale. If u purchase a resale flat, govt will give u a grant of 30k so long as u r a FT. Another 10k if stay near parents.

don give wrong info please. near parents will have 40k grant for BTO -.-
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top