[Official]: Changi Mobile

garfieldpal

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
856
Reaction score
0
No roaming means no connection means no sms?
Sorry I didn't make myself clear. You are right to say no connection means no sms.

Changi mobile has data roaming pack and sms/voice roaming pack. When the data roaming pack is bought, the phone will register to a local cell tower. I am expecting incoming sms to flow-in automatically. Must I really buy the sms/voice pack to receive sms? I think it is meant for sending, no need to buy for receiving sms. Hope the experts here can advice.
 

Cobra!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
19,617
Reaction score
6,546
Sorry I didn't make myself clear. You are right to say no connection means no sms.

Changi mobile has data roaming pack and sms/voice roaming pack. When the data roaming pack is bought, the phone will register to a local cell tower. I am expecting incoming sms to flow-in automatically. Must I really buy the sms/voice pack to receive sms? I think it is meant for sending, no need to buy for receiving sms. Hope the experts here can advice.
Im not sure, but I think for data to work during roaming, it must be connected to a network. If there's a valid connection while roaming then incoming sms should flow in. So if you have a roaming data pack it should work to receive incoming sms.

On further thought, can you roam without a roaming voice or data pack??
 

garfieldpal

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
856
Reaction score
0
Im not sure, but I think for data to work during roaming, it must be connected to a network. If there's a valid connection while roaming then incoming sms should flow in. So if you have a roaming data pack it should work to receive incoming sms.

On further thought, can you roam without a roaming voice or data pack??
Not sure... was using main telco and always on auto-roam. Have been using MVNO 1.5 years but no chance to travel. I guess buying roaming data pack is a must to connect to a local telco, not sure if need to buy sms/voice on top of data pack just to receive sms (mainly for otp purpose).
 

hanadulset

Banned
Joined
May 25, 2020
Messages
367
Reaction score
100
How long did you guys wait to port in your old number? I received my sim card yesterday afternoon, immediately insert and activate the sim card. Thought the port in process would take place last night but it didn't
 

Cobra!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
19,617
Reaction score
6,546
Not sure... was using main telco and always on auto-roam. Have been using MVNO 1.5 years but no chance to travel. I guess buying roaming data pack is a must to connect to a local telco, not sure if need to buy sms/voice on top of data pack just to receive sms (mainly for otp purpose).
Looking at changi mobile FAQ, seems like you buy the pack and then turn on roaming in your account settings. So the question is can you turn it on without roaming pack.
 

Cobra!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
19,617
Reaction score
6,546
How long did you guys wait to port in your old number? I received my sim card yesterday afternoon, immediately insert and activate the sim card. Thought the port in process would take place last night but it didn't
From what I've gathered port is not auto, must manually push process through app after you activate card
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Looking back at my past monthly scam call records:

May: 2 (when I started with Grid Mobile)
June: 2
July: 1
August: 2
September: 1
October: 0
November: 7 ( I started with Changi Mobile end Oct)
😐😐
 

s330063

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
40
How long did you guys wait to port in your old number? I received my sim card yesterday afternoon, immediately insert and activate the sim card. Thought the port in process would take place last night but it didn't

Received mine last Saturday and activated it on the same day, till now not ported over. Having issues with them. Claimed that I never request port-in during sign-up but obviously I did as indicated in my invoice. Then told me that I put in the details wrongly, port in number put in temporary numbers blah blah, ask me to re-request through the app. Kind of disappointed with their service.

Anyway it's listed as 3 working days, u may have to wait.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,249
Reaction score
9,011
Received mine last Saturday and activated it on the same day, till now not ported over. Having issues with them. Claimed that I never request port-in during sign-up but obviously I did as indicated in my invoice. Then told me that I put in the details wrongly, port in number put in temporary numbers blah blah, ask me to re-request through the app. Kind of disappointed with their service.

Anyway it's listed as 3 working days, u may have to wait.
the instruction is to activate the port-in from the app.
 

hanadulset

Banned
Joined
May 25, 2020
Messages
367
Reaction score
100
Changi Mobile said my port in request will be processed from Monday because i activated my sim card on Friday. Weekend no porting. It should be ported over by Wednesday.
 

s330063

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
40
Changi Mobile said my port in request will be processed from Monday because i activated my sim card on Friday. Weekend no porting. It should be ported over by Wednesday.
Mine just ported over today early morning after settling some issues with them on Saturday. Received my Sim card one week back.
 

siduki

Banned
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
9
Oh their 3 business days exclude sat and sun? I received my sim on thursday and activated it right away. Till now its not ported over. They are so slow :(Shall contact them if its not ported over by friday
 

s330063

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
40
Oh their 3 business days exclude sat and sun? I received my sim on thursday and activated it right away. Till now its not ported over. They are so slow :(Shall contact them if its not ported over by friday
check with them, for my case they claimed I never request port-in when obviously it's listed in my invoice.
 

siduki

Banned
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
9
check with them, for my case they claimed I never request port-in when obviously it's listed in my invoice.
Same here. They said they would check what went wrong and return my call by evening and they did not call me back. Sent an email to kp them
 

s330063

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
40
Same here. They said they would check what went wrong and return my call by evening and they did not call me back. Sent an email to kp them
yours also porting over and indicated when applying?
 

siduki

Banned
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
9
yours also porting over and indicated when applying?
Yes. The emails also indicated clearly that my old number will be ported within 3 business days. But they claimed my port in request was not found on their system. So i tried requesting via the app and it says "request to port in xxxxxxxx was already submitted for this changi go number". What rubbish is this
 

steven168z

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
3,399
Reaction score
171
There are times while still in 4G mobile data. But in fact my phone cant connect to whatsapp or even websites. I need on off phone. Is this normal for M1 netwotk?

so far seem to have more recently... 3 person i know using changi-mobile have this problem too several time.

this never happen to me when i use m1 simcard for so long
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top