[Official]: Changi Mobile

Tenpai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
5,644
Reaction score
3,457
signed up for changi mobile and chose a new number

already getting spam calls even though I never register the number on any forms, etc

:unsure:
 

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,694
Reaction score
109
Since Monday, I have been receiving many spam calls from overseas. Just today alone, 11 calls from overseas are made to my mobile since 9am till now. And my line is a secondary line and a month old only.
 

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,694
Reaction score
109
Been receiving many spam call over the last few days.

Since I will only be receiving local calls, is there any phone setting for Samsung that allows me to filter overseas calls?
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
seems like this CM is like really have lines shared to other telemarking or something like that?
 

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,694
Reaction score
109
Is the spam calls from +65XXXXXXXX


Yes, and in addition to few overseas calls. It was annoying since the calls were coming in every hour on that day when I received 11 of them from morning to afternoon. I didnt answer but mute them instead.

Anyway, I have ported out to another Telco; and coincidentally, these spam calls have lessened for the last few days. Seriously, I dont think it was the port-out that reduces the spam calls since the number remains the same on another carrier.
 

steven168z

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
3,399
Reaction score
171
Yes, and in addition to few overseas calls. It was annoying since the calls were coming in every hour on that day when I received 11 of them from morning to afternoon. I didnt answer but mute them instead.

Anyway, I have ported out to another Telco; and coincidentally, these spam calls have lessened for the last few days. Seriously, I dont think it was the port-out that reduces the spam calls since the number remains the same on another carrier.

That bad
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
The robot call i think really has nothing to do with Changi mobile.

I personally get 2 to 3 call a day from MOH, Lazada and Covid. All of them are scam with +65.

But hourly spam call is crazy.
 

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2000
Messages
9,616
Reaction score
1,044
The robot call i think really has nothing to do with Changi mobile.

I personally get 2 to 3 call a day from MOH, Lazada and Covid. All of them are scam with +65.

But hourly spam call is crazy.
Yes. Spam calls can come anytime unless the telco block it
 

Tenpai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
5,644
Reaction score
3,457
I have new numbers from CL, giga, zero1 before and these new numbers don't get spam calls until I started using them to fill up forms

With CM, my new number gets 7-8 spam calls a day even without putting the new number on record for any service/bank etc. If it has nothing to do with CM, then it is one hell of a bizarre coincidence

My guesses are either their database of numbers not secure or someone in CM is a mole leaking all the numbers
 

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,694
Reaction score
109
I have new numbers from CL, giga, zero1 before and these new numbers don't get spam calls until I started using them to fill up forms

With CM, my new number gets 7-8 spam calls a day even without putting the new number on record for any service/bank etc. If it has nothing to do with CM, then it is one hell of a bizarre coincidence

My guesses are either their database of numbers not secure or someone in CM is a mole leaking all the numbers
It was fine for the first 2 weeks after the line was activated. Then the spam calls started coming in. This happened despite the new number is a secondary line and I didn't use it for any registration or share with anyone else.
 

Tenpai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
5,644
Reaction score
3,457
It was fine for the first 2 weeks after the line was activated. Then the spam calls started coming in. This happened despite the new number is a secondary line and I didn't use it for any registration or share with anyone else.
around the same experience for me

suspect there is a "leak" in CM itself. Whether it is database kena hacked or a mole selling all the info to the dark web
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top