*Official* Forex Trading thread.

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
Got stucked that is why! Nowadays no form due to ultra strong USD. Once position got stucked will take a long time to recover. But when got form I was like a mad man switching back and forth with different currency pairs! :s13:

Before US presidential election. Market usually get back to normal a week after FOMC Meetings. Trump's victory complicated a lot of things. :s22:

like that I really don't know, I start trading after the election
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,870
Reaction score
2,886
My short no stop loss order keyed in yet :s13:

Power to you man! :D

I may have to bite the bullet and take a hit soon. My GBP/USD position (-900 pips) is a lost cause. LONG position open since 16/09/2016. Just waiting to minimise as much damage as possible to close position. U.K. is in a mess right now. :s13:

It was a miracle when I managed to break even and close a stucked GBP/SGD position last month. At the peak it was down about -1000 pips! :eek:
 
Last edited:

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
For me is after market re-opens I go to sleep. Opposite from you haha! :D

When a gap up or down happens no use also.

After the market closed for the weekend. You cannot enter or edit any limit orders. When market re-opens on Monday 6am the price movement happens in milliseconds. No way you can do anything about it.

Haha so I don't need to wake up so early Liao :s13:
 

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
Good lah! :s13:

Bro so for gold you will still hold on before cny, I am still wondering should I hold or clear my US gold miner and leverage etf, last Thursday become positive then Friday correction become negative again. I will hold my two micro lot of gold before cny but not sure about the gold stock :s22:
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,870
Reaction score
2,886
Gold

Bro so for gold you will still hold on before cny, I am still wondering should I hold or clear my US gold miner and leverage etf, last Thursday become positive then Friday correction become negative again. I will hold my two micro lot of gold before cny but not sure about the gold stock. :s22:

It depends when did you open your gold LONG positions and at what price? I believe you entered at the neither here or there price. You did not take profit when in positive territory. For me I entered at the so called bottom range. Between 15-23/12/16. The support level is very strong there so I can hold my physical gold bars as long as I want to. No maintenance fee and swap interest.

Friday's slight correction is temporary due to US jobs data. Is your margin under stress? Unrealised loss at how many pips?

There's a reason why I don't want to touch CFD and Futures for gold related positions because of the swap or killer margin interest.

Tentatively my take profit date for UOB physical gold bar are as follows.

20/01/17 (Trump inauguration date)
27/01/17 (Chinese New Year Eve)

Beyond those dates have to see situation. I also have March target date in mind. :)

By the way try not to hold too many gold positions/counters. A total value of about 5-10% of your portfolio is pretty reasonable. Gold is for insurance and FIFO. Not for long term holding as no yields.
 
Last edited:

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
It depends when did you open your gold LONG positions and at what price? I believe you entered at the neither here or there price. You did not take profit when in positive territory. For me I entered at the so called bottom level. The support level is very strong there so I can hold as long as I want to.

Friday's slight correction is temporary due to US jobs data. Is your margin under stress? Unrealised loss at how many pips?

There's a reason why I don't want to touch CFD and Futures for gold related positions because of the swap or killer margin interest.

Tentatively my take profit date for UOB physical gold bar are as follows.

20/01/17 (Trump inauguration date)
27/01/17 (Chinese New Year Eve)

Beyond those dates have to see situation. I also have March target date in mind. :)

By the way try not to too much gold positions. A total value of about 5-10% of your portfolio is pretty reasonable. Gold is for insurance and FIFO. Not for holding as no yields.
For the micro lot gold future still positive as long position at 1160, that I don't worry at all and will hold till before cny.

Just can't decide on my US gold miner and leverage etf counter
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,870
Reaction score
2,886
Gold

For the micro lot gold future still positive as long position at 1160, that I don't worry at all and will hold till before cny.

Just can't decide on my US gold miner and leverage etf counter

US$1160 not the lowest. I believe I entered at the US$1130-1140 range.

MY UOB GOLD BUY PRICE
15/12/2016: S$5355 (100 GM)
23/12/2016: S$5328 (100 GM)

Take note for Futures trading, gold LONG positions you are paying swap interest. SHORT positions you receive swap interest.

Up to you want to hold gold stock counter or not but leverage positions better FIFO. Your ETF counter is trading with CFD right? If plunged big time your margin will be under stress. Commodities are even more volatile than Forex man.

However commodities are making a comeback since late last year.
 
Last edited:

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
US$1160 not the lowest. I believe I entered at the US$1130-1140 range.

MY UOB GOLD BUY PRICE
15/12/2016: S$5355 (100 GM)
23/12/2016: S$5328 (100 GM)

Take note for Futures trading, gold LONG positions you are paying swap interest. SHORT positions you receive swap interest.

Up to you want to hold gold stock counter or not but leverage positions better FIFO. Your ETF counter is trading with CFD right? If plunged big time your margin will be under stress. Commodities are even more volatile than Forex man.

However commodities are making a comeback since late last year.

No , both gold miner and leverage etf not on margin, is on actual cash holding.
 

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
c4CoeXKl.png

dJwsmrMl.png


Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

My noob charting

H1 still strong up trend (greed mode)
D1 uptrend but may reverse in near term (euphoria mood)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top