Official November 2016 SBF

brokenx

Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
304
Reaction score
0
Hi Experts,

First time applying a flat, and I would like to ask a few questions to better prepare myself:


  1. what is first appointment and second appointment? Is
    First appointment=book flat, second appointment=Sign Agreement for Lease?

  2. date of flat application means the date when we pay the $10 during the BTO/SBF exercise or the date of booking a flat?

  3. To apply for the Housing Grants, we need to submit latest 12months' payslip. The "lastest 12months" meaning from the date of flat application or from the date of the grant application?

  4. For HLE, application, Latest 3 months’ payslips meaning from the HLE application? when should I apply HLE?

  5. My payslip is in a form of the image below, so I will just scan this for HLE application and bring this for the flat application?

pegasus-compatible-secure-pay-advice-3-part-box.jpg
 

baramundi

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Based on past SBF, usually how long will the wait be?

2.5 mth? For Nov SBF, ts state Feb.. so is it usually Mid Feb?

Hi, I played the sobf may 2016, I think the selection round started around mid Aug (2.5 months). The main change from previous exercises was that instead of going through mature and then non-mature alphabetical, they went alphabetically, but the only pattern I saw was based on number of units finished / going to finish, so should be the same this round, those with most units finished will come up first, then rest later, from start to end, I think the selection round takes around 5 to 6 months to complete.
 

salmoner

Member
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Hi, May i know if there is still lots of left over flat from May SBF, will it be brought over to Nov SBF?
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Hi, May i know if there is still lots of left over flat from May SBF, will it be brought over to Nov SBF?

No cos selection for may sobf still not over yet..The earliest u will see them relisting is probably next may or nov..

What u see in Nov sobf flat details is what you would get to choose during selection after results..
 
Last edited:

salmoner

Member
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
No cos selection for may sobf still not over yet..The earliest u will see them relisting is probably next may or nov..

What u see in Nov sobf flat details is what you would get to choose during selection after results..

Alright! noted, thanks for the information!
 

Ceedoh

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
The main change from previous exercises was that instead of going through mature and then non-mature alphabetical, they went alphabetically, but the only pattern I saw was based on number of units finished / going to finish, so should be the same this round, those with most units finished will come up first, then rest later

Hi! Could you please clarify on what you meant by the only pattern you saw was based on number of units finished/ going to finish?

I.e. The estates with most units that are completely built/ about to be finished building - these estates would be sort of "first in the queue" for the SoBF exercise?
 

Ceedoh

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Ah ok I thought they determine your first or second-timer status at the point where you make your application and pay the $10.

You are correct in saying so, and I've double checked with HDB by calling them twice on 2 separate occasions. I'm in a very similar situation:

1. I've given up 1 chance as a FT before.
2. I've gotten a queue number from Aug 2016 BTO launch, selection appointment on 3rd Jan 2017.
3. I've applied for Nov 2016 SOBF in Sembawang (where it's under subscribed for FTs, i.e. a flat selection appointment is technically confirmed, as the total number of applications<total number of available units), and the queue number is only out in mid-Feb 2017.
4. I will give up my second FT chance on 3rd Jan 2017, and as per HDB's confirmation, will only be considered a ST for subsequent applications from the point of giving up 2 FT chances.
5. My application for Nov 2016 SOBF will be balloted as a FT, and there will not be any penalty incurred/ chance forfeited when I get my queue number in mid-Feb 2017 for the Nov 2016 SOBF.

Also, do note that if you select a flat from your May 2016 SOBF, all other applications will be cancelled.

Just thought I would share my findings, as I scoured the forum for info, but apparently this has never surfaced before.
 
Last edited:

FuzzyMuzzy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2006
Messages
1,093
Reaction score
0
You are correct in saying so, and I've double checked with HDB by calling them twice on 2 separate occasions. I'm in a very similar situation:

1. I've given up 1 chance as a FT before.
2. I've gotten a queue number from Aug 2016 BTO launch, selection appointment on 3rd Jan 2017.
3. I've applied for Nov 2016 SOBF in Sembawang (where it's under subscribed for FTs, i.e. a flat selection appointment is technically confirmed, as the total number of applications<total number of available units), and the queue number is only out in mid-Feb 2017.
4. I will give up my second FT chance on 3rd Jan 2017, and as per HDB's confirmation, will only be considered a ST for subsequent applications from the point of giving up 2 FT chances.
5. My application for Nov 2016 SOBF will be balloted as a FT, and there will not be any penalty incurred/ chance forfeited when I get my queue number in mid-Feb 2017 for the Nov 2016 SOBF.

Also, do note that if you select a flat from your May 2016 SOBF, all other applications will be cancelled.

Just thought I would share my findings, as I scoured the forum for info, but apparently this has never surfaced before.

Thanks Ceedoh. I should have updated but I have also received a similar confirmation from HDB as you have shared. It's good news for us!

I don't even have an appointment date for my May 2016 SOBF :s22: I have a queue # though but there's I am 99% sure by the time it gets to me there will only be 1 repossessed flat to choose and I pray that I won't be left with that. It's seriously infuriating to be made ST thanks to rejecting a repossessed flat.
 

Picanto518

Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Hi I also applied nov sobf, so...hdb will notify me if I get selected for a unit by sms or email or letter with the Q no.& available units? Pls advice thanks:)
 

lee-turbo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
3,629
Reaction score
5
Hi I also applied nov sobf, so...hdb will notify me if I get selected for a unit by sms or email or letter with the Q no.& available units? Pls advice thanks:)

email, fastest, available units need to login to hdb page (before apply already can check )
 
Last edited:

Picanto518

Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
email, fastest, available units need to login to hdb page (before apply already can check )
Hi Lee
Thks very much, 1st time apply bto/sobf la.I chosen jurong east/west sobf and there's 28 units(new) 3 rms at yong ho spring 2 lowest only 2 units below 10th flr.:)
 

razis_wwf13

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
201
Reaction score
14
Anyone applied for Executive flat during SBF before? There are repurchased flats? I.e. their layout are like resale houses instead of BTO? TIA
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top