Official November 2016 SBF

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
Yeah.. the rental flats are quite a concern from the stories I've heard.
But may I ask if the surrounding nearby flats are affected or usually just the rental flats block itself?

Is the fence down for Eastcrown?
 

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
Yeah.. the rental flats are quite a concern from the stories I've heard.
But may I ask if the surrounding nearby flats are affected or usually just the rental flats block itself?

Is the fence down for Eastcrown?
Just the rental flats. Every now and then you see interesting people at the void deck - drunkards, gangsters, teens generally creating nuisance, young families with lots of young children etc. My block itself no problem, same goes for the block next to mine.
 

plusOne83

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Went to recce the available units and listed down 21 units that are ok. Hopefully with queue no. 29 can get one of the 21, or even better one of the 11 that's near mrt!

Noticed the selection has started for Ang Mo Kio, some units have been booked.

Actually selection in April for estates starting with S is super fast already. Normally those estates from S onwards need to wait like more than 6 months, in previous SBF and they normally get their keys like one year later from application date.

If this time flat selection for S is really in April, I would feel very blessed actually.

That's interesting. Didn't know it takes that long. Sembawang also starts in April, means this time round selection are faster? S starts in April. Hope can get key by june.

Just curious.. would u guys get somewhere near mrt but has no tiles, or further from mrt but comes with tiles?

Near MRT. Actually I never think of the tiles yet, just considering the location, floor etc. Without tiles then can do my own floor. With tiles, I intend to use wood vinyl flooring, can actually just lay on top no need to hack away the tiles.

4rm Sengkang... hopefully can get the unit i want
Good luck! Also Sengkang 4 room.
 

CherryBee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
792
Reaction score
3
The fence is down for 130A and 129A if I'm not wrong.. but lift and staircase still locked. So can't really see anything haha

Yeah.. the rental flats are quite a concern from the stories I've heard.
But may I ask if the surrounding nearby flats are affected or usually just the rental flats block itself?

Is the fence down for Eastcrown?
 

CherryBee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
792
Reaction score
3
107c is very near to rental flat.. only a loading bay to separate 107c and the rental flat lol
Need to reconsider :(

Not trying to be discriminatory but it is a known problem with rental flats. :(

I live near rental flats now, and yes those are common sights around here. :(
 

Mish Nouvelle

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
For those who are applying for Toa Payoh Crescent SOBF, called HDB this afternoon.
Block 130a and 130b will be completed in March 17
Block 131b will be completed in April to June 17

Hope this information is helpful. :)


Hello, you applied for tpy crescent as well?!
 

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
If there are no better units than block 107C for the 3 room units,
the consolation is at least the main windows are not facing the block itself.

I've heard east crown also looks quite cramp but I have yet to take a look.
 

CherryBee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
792
Reaction score
3
Ya true. Couldn't really "feel" it yet cause the accessible places was limited. Need to go back agaib in 2 weeks time, hopefully more places are accessible.


If there are no better units than block 107C for the 3 room units,
the consolation is at least the main windows are not facing the block itself.

I've heard east crown also looks quite cramp but I have yet to take a look.
 

MamaAsparagus

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2016
Messages
530
Reaction score
0
Noticed the selection has started for Ang Mo Kio, some units have been booked.

That's interesting. Didn't know it takes that long. Sembawang also starts in April, means this time round selection are faster? S starts in April. Hope can get key by june.

As mentioned previously, this round's SBF is a bit different as it doesn't seem to be in alphabetical order for all. SBW and Sengkang estimated to start in April , but Jurong E/W estimated to start in May, which doesn't really make much sense.

But yes, if you read the previous SBF threads you will see that some really take up to one year for key collection even though units are ready. HDB keeps postponing the flat selection date, and there's nothing much you can do about it also haha.

I would also like to get my keys in June, but I would recommend not to get your hopes up too high as flat selection can easily be postponed two- three times each time extending by one or two months.
 

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
If delay then look at it as an opportunity for you to save up to upgrade for your Blum hinges, Grohe rain shower and Legrand switches lor...
 

Chengs131

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi all, actually im looking at eastcrown and eastlace. On the website, the estimated completion for eastcrown should be later than eastlace. But it looks like eastlace is progressing slower.. The thing is, i dont require the keys so soon, so i would prefer choosing one that has a later completion. Any updated news on both eastlace and eastcrown's progress? :))
 

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
Hi all, actually im looking at eastcrown and eastlace. On the website, the estimated completion for eastcrown should be later than eastlace. But it looks like eastlace is progressing slower.. The thing is, i dont require the keys so soon, so i would prefer choosing one that has a later completion. Any updated news on both eastlace and eastcrown's progress? :))

According to bto-tracker @ BTOHQ.com,

Eastlace is actually 91% completed as of 6/1/2017
Eastcrown is 85% completed as of 9/1/2017

and this is the latest update I can get.

U applied for 3 rms?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top