Official November 2016 SBF

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
U take where?

Not sure where I can take. At this point, I have to wait and see what's remaining. My queue no. doesnt allow me to be picky.

My wishlist: canberra area, ready for key collection, no west sun, preferably mid to high floor and walking distance to mrt.

I'm reluctantly lowering my expectations. :s22:

How about u?
It's between eastwave and eastcrown?
 

CherryBee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
792
Reaction score
3
My wishlist toooo haha! But if really no choice, 3rd floor also I'll take haha

Not sure where I can take. At this point, I have to wait and see what's remaining. My queue no. doesnt allow me to be picky.

My wishlist: canberra area, ready for key collection, no west sun, preferably mid to high floor and walking distance to mrt.

I'm reluctantly lowering my expectations. :s22:

How about u?
It's between eastwave and eastcrown?
 

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
means like for example can be up to 90% of a price of a 4 rm flat?

Yes.

Have you done your HLE application? I suggest you do so. You will need to do it anyway. An HLE/bank approval letter must be presented on date of flat selection unless you are paying full by cash.

The HLE will give u an estimated guide (on how much max. loan you can take, what are the possible monthly installments, etc) based on your age, current income, etc
 

CherryBee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
792
Reaction score
3
Ya. But like what eternal-snow said, better to do HLE first..
I did mine before applying for the sbf exercise to see how much they're willing to lend me & how much the montly instalments would cost.

means like for example can be up to 90% of a price of a 4 rm flat?
 

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
My wishlist toooo haha! But if really no choice, 3rd floor also I'll take haha

haha sameee.

I believe it's almost everyone's wishlist. Actually I was nitpicking more - avoid this and that..

Now it has become, ok.. just not 2nd floor and no west sun!

PS: Deep down, I'm still hoping there's a nice window view.. Tough tough. ahaha.
 

Picanto518

Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Hi;hdb given the grants for you all to buy your bto/sobf flat there a catch. If in futute you selling your house & apply a new bto again you need to pay the levy. The levy was calculated according to the amount of grants given to you for your 1st flat.
 

Picanto518

Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
For my case, my 1st hdb was a resale 3 rm was given 15k single grant then sell n buy twice up till my present 3rd hdb 3rm n finally was under DERS plan at west coast then hdb calculated I need to pay my levy was 80+K!!! From my 1st hdb till now but due to my flat was selected for enbloc hdb only demand 30k levy to settle this transaction. So I advise all bto/sobf sis/bro think b4 u intend to sell after your MOP n want to apply for a new bto.unless you switch to resale flat then the levy you will not need to
Pay back to hdb.
 

CherryBee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
792
Reaction score
3
Yeah at first I didn't wan low floors, don't wan to face car park etc.. then after i got my queue number, really can't be choosy anymore lol!

haha sameee.

I believe it's almost everyone's wishlist. Actually I was nitpicking more - avoid this and that..

Now it has become, ok.. just not 2nd floor and no west sun!

PS: Deep down, I'm still hoping there's a nice window view.. Tough tough. ahaha.
 

plusOne83

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Hi;hdb given the grants for you all to buy your bto/sobf flat there a catch. If in futute you selling your house & apply a new bto again you need to pay the levy. The levy was calculated according to the amount of grants given to you for your 1st flat.

Actually if u buy new HDB already need to pay resale levy liao, so no difference whether take grant or not. But if buy resale and the grant is very small amount like 5k 10k, then have to consider cos the levy is confirm higher. Have to think carefully whether want to apply bto or buy ec in future.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/selling-a-flat/additional-information
 

Picanto518

Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Actually if u buy new HDB already need to pay resale levy liao, so no difference whether take grant or not. But if buy resale and the grant is very small amount like 5k 10k, then have to consider cos the levy is confirm higher. Have to think carefully whether want to apply bto or buy ec in future.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/selling-a-flat/additional-information
hi plusone; I'd read through the hdb link that u given.I spotted 1 condition on this hdb statement; you need not pay a resale levy if you apply DBSS,EC,Resale hdb or pte property.:)
 

plusOne83

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
hi plusone; I'd read through the hdb link that u given.I spotted 1 condition on this hdb statement; you need not pay a resale levy if you apply DBSS,EC,Resale hdb or pte property.:)
Yup. From my understanding is:

If you previously bought a
1. new flat from HDB, (bto, sbf)
2. Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat
3. Executive Condominium (EC) from a developer,
4. received a CPF Housing Grant (your case)

Then if your second purchase is the following , no need resale levy
1. Dbss (not building anymore)
2. EC from a developer; where the land sale was launched before 9 December 2013 (means those recently launched new ec need, those before 2013 they advertised big big no resale levy.)
3. HDB resale flat
4. Private residential property

But your one eblock consider buying new bto, so need to pay levy.

Now the new resale levy is standardized price, for 3 room single only 15000.
your one is probably bought before 2006, that's why resale levy so expensive, it is by percentage. Single 3 room is 10 percent!!!! They didn't anticipate the house price will go up so high, 2006 then change to fixed price.

Your case really unlucky.
 
Last edited:

Picanto518

Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Yeah at first I didn't wan low floors, don't wan to face car park etc.. then after i got my queue number, really can't be choosy anymore lol!
hi cherybee:) me too I had marked a few very swee units for my selection on May just hope those in front of me gv up,MIA or apply May bto new launch at bidadari. Pray hard la I wish you. :)
 

CherryBee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
792
Reaction score
3
Hi hi! Ya i also hope a lot of them don't turn up.
Gluck to us ya hehehe ;)

hi cherybee:) me too I had marked a few very swee units for my selection on May just hope those in front of me gv up,MIA or apply May bto new launch at bidadari. Pray hard la I wish you. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top