Official November 2016 SBF

Picanto518

Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Payment schedule when buying flat directly from HDB: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/finance/costs-and-fees

Actually you can't just look solely at the purchase price of the flat. Don't forget to consider costs for stamp duty, legal fees, home protection fees, etc too.

Let's ignore those additional fees for now and say you only have to consider how to pay off the 190k. Based on your question, HDB will wipe out your CPF and grants; and the balance will have to be paid via cashier's order upon collection of keys, which is also when the loan starts. So let's say CPF and grants total 100k, you will have to pay the remaining 90k in cash.

Anyone pls correct me if I'm mistaken :)
hi molly; the 10% down payment pay by cash or cpf?thks
 

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
hi molly; the 10% down payment pay by cash or cpf?thks

10% by cashier's order or cpf.
If the CPF OA amount is insufficient, the balance is to be paid in cash.

[EDIT] Also the 10% downpayment is only if you are taking a HDB loan. I believe by taking a private bank loan, the downpayment terms are different.
 
Last edited:

mollyfeesh

Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2017
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
10% by cashier's order or cpf.
If the CPF OA amount is insufficient, the balance is to be paid in cash.

[EDIT] Also the 10% downpayment is only if you are taking a HDB loan. I believe by taking a private bank loan, the downpayment terms are different.

Yup, downpayment is 10% if taking HDB loan. 20% if taking bank loan.
 

mollyfeesh

Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2017
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Has anyone here received an in-principle approval from the bank as well as the HLE letter? Does the bank grant a higher/lower loan amount than what HDB is willing to lend?
 

Despairsray

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
If I not wrong,Hdb loan will cover 90% of the flat price whereas bank loan will be 80%.

Has anyone here received an in-principle approval from the bank as well as the HLE letter? Does the bank grant a higher/lower loan amount than what HDB is willing to lend?
 

jelly_fish87

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone , who is taking eastwave or eastcrown canberra ? Any suggestions tat the shelter in the kitchen or living layout is better?
 

CherryBee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
792
Reaction score
3
This is personal preference ba... i would prefer at the living room, can convert it to my mini walk in shoe closet lol.

Hello everyone , who is taking eastwave or eastcrown canberra ? Any suggestions tat the shelter in the kitchen or living layout is better?
 

eternal-snow

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone , who is taking eastwave or eastcrown canberra ? Any suggestions tat the shelter in the kitchen or living layout is better?


I like it in the kitchen. It can be like a pantry and the living room will look more spacious.

But I don't mind it in the living room too, adds privacy when you open the main door.

Are you selecting for 4 room or 5 room?

For 4 room, my concern will be space constraints. Like I'm not sure if kitchen/living room will be smaller/look cramp.
 

jelly_fish87

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
I m taking 4rm

I like it in the kitchen. It can be like a pantry and the living room will look more spacious.

But I don't mind it in the living room too, adds privacy when you open the main door.

Are you selecting for 4 room or 5 room?

For 4 room, my concern will be space constraints. Like I'm not sure if kitchen/living room will be smaller/look cramp.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top