I also went to a game shop. I just tried if i can PO and place deposit. He told me that they’re not accepting preorders yet but since i really want to secure my PS5 disc version, the guy accepted my deposit. Saved my name and contact number into their laptop (system) and printed me a receipt.
Should I feel better now bros? I didn’t ask how many consoles they will have on launch day and what’s my queue number on the preorder list![]()
The main risk I think with such a system is that you may have problems getting refunds if the game shop goes bankrupt. It's the same scenario where say you buy a package at a gym / beauty salon. Most of the time you're an unsecured creditor and you don't have priority to any available assets upon bankruptcy.
But of course that is a small risk la. You should not have to worry too much, just keep that in mind for larger deposits elsewhere.
