- Joined
- Sep 16, 2018
- Messages
- 36,260
- Reaction score
- 12,277
IMHO.
Actually I am interested in what are the actual issues.
Sometimes is technology limitation - 4G and 5G does things differently and the number of users each technology can support is different.
1) It is same for 4G or 5G, if you have limited space to deploy the base stations.
That seems to be the problem for the underground MRT stations in the CBD areas, which cause problems for all providers, and M1 can be better than SingTel and StarHub sometimes due to less subscribers on the network.
I have seen one good explanation from Reddit. I need to dig it out.
2) But in a recent Facebook video posted by WP MP Gerald Giam about long term dead zones, the answer from SMS TKH is very bad claiming "MNOs typical take six months to enhance coverage, and over the past three years, there are no persistent signal gaps within MRT network have been remained unrectified".
From this kind of altitude by IMDA and MDDI, I guess the issues will be there for very long...
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1AhhLx9LrS/
3) Just as a comparison, the answer from Mr Jeffrey Siow, the Acting Minister for Transport, to MP Gerrald Giam's question about Single Decker Bus during peak hours are much better. I do not like Single Decker Bus during peak hours myself but at least the answer sounds reasonable.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1DHJCGWNer/
Last edited:
