[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
IMHO.
Also the Singtel Prepaid, I was reading slowly "milking" the stored value. 🤔

Yes, it is a known issue for SingTel Prepaid if you do not have an active data plan. Actually also the same for M1 Prepaid.

I have both SingTel and M1 prepaid cards and both have the store value leaking issues.

For SingTel, the reports here say you can call the Prepaid Hotline and get the leak value back and they may even give you free data as a compensation. But I have not tried this myself.

New StarHub Prepaid plans will not have this issue anymore since they are now postpaid as per IMDA classification and come with monthly data and monthly payment.
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
I went to Singtel store to ask also for my situation, best they could do was to offer me Core plan at 32 bucks a month after discount. No contract though and got roaming which can be useful for upcoming trips so can consider to take first then decide again after those trips (aka treat that I "prepaid" for the roaming already)
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
I went to Singtel store to ask also for my situation, best they could do was to offer me Core plan at 32 bucks a month after discount. No contract though and got roaming which can be useful for upcoming trips so can consider to take first then decide again after those trips (aka treat that I "prepaid" for the roaming already)

Have you clicked the S$15.28 plan link?
 

Keith8896

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
101
Reaction score
4
Already done
I have renew using the given link.

contract end date is 25 Feb 2026,
start submitting 2 months (end dec 2025) before, rejected.
follow by 1 month, rejected.

only success on 2nd week of Feb 2026, response within a workday or 2.

Not sure the reason. could be depending on the human processor or SOP have been changed ???
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
I have renew using the given link.

contract end date is 25 Feb 2026,
start submitting 2 months (end dec 2025) before, rejected.
follow by 1 month, rejected.

only success on 2nd week of Feb 2026, response within a workday or 2.

Not sure the reason. could be depending on the human processor or SOP have been changed ???

Thanks for the updates.

It could be they are tightening the approval process.

Previously it was okay to apply two months or at least one month before contract expire date.

Let's wait for more reports to see if this becomes the new norm.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
But if you still keen to stay with SingTel, I will look at the CIS offer if you can get it.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/cis

300GB for $19.25/mth on a new line.
CIS Online Exclusive: 45% OFF 5G+ Enhanced SIM Only Lite plan. Sign up by 31 Mar. Promotion will be reflected in the Shopping Cart.

Enhanced Network Lane: 2X Speed
Enhanced Care: Shops, hotline & chat
Enhanced Security: 3 months of McAfee Mobile Security
300GB local data
10GB Malaysia Roaming
400 mins Talktime & 400 SMS
12 months of Caller ID
FREE 3 months of Calm Premium
FREE 3 months of Burpple Beyond
FREE 3 months of Straits Times All Digital
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
But if you still keen to stay with SingTel, I will look at the CIS offer if you can get it.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/cis

300GB for $19.25/mth on a new line.
CIS Online Exclusive: 45% OFF 5G+ Enhanced SIM Only Lite plan. Sign up by 31 Mar. Promotion will be reflected in the Shopping Cart.

Enhanced Network Lane: 2X Speed
Enhanced Care: Shops, hotline & chat
Enhanced Security: 3 months of McAfee Mobile Security
300GB local data
10GB Malaysia Roaming
400 mins Talktime & 400 SMS
12 months of Caller ID
FREE 3 months of Calm Premium
FREE 3 months of Burpple Beyond
FREE 3 months of Straits Times All Digital
This one cannot cos no CIS
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
Just my personal opinion...

S$15.28 -- good
S$20.37 -- I will try other options at around S$15.

I was very much okay with S$20.37 per month SingTel SIM Only plan previously.

But then after trying out different plans from Nov 2025 to now (latest testing line is Zym S$10.1 per month 4G plan), I am not convinced that I need to really stay with SingTel if the S$15.28 per month recontract offer is somehow not available any more (or they reject the recontract).

This is especially true since I am keeping eight S$8 plan and Starhub Prepaid S plan (luckily I got special migration offer at S$3 per month), so I may we'll be okay with porting my main line out of SingTel if the S$15.28 per month plan is gone.
 

singsangsong

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2019
Messages
2,191
Reaction score
2,852
Is it just me, but I feel the Singtel 5G Quality dropped quite abit in the last week or two? In MRT tunnels keep dropping and totally no signal etc.

Previously wasn't like this, on the 15$ plan for approx half year now
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
Is it just me, but I feel the Singtel 5G Quality dropped quite abit in the last week or two? In MRT tunnels keep dropping and totally no signal etc.

Previously wasn't like this, on the 15$ plan for approx half year now

I am not taking train during peak hours so I don't have first hand experiences.

However you may need to be patient during this transition period that SingTel is carrying out "network optimization work" and the users may experience "intermittent connection".

And there are reports that 5G NSA network will shut down on 31 March 2026.

Better tahan a bit and see if things get stable after 7 April 2026.

I actually expect the user experience of the S$15.28 plan to drop after ST MVNO users (including Gomo) and ST Prepaid 5G plan customers migrated to 5G SA and then SingTel will shut down 5G NSA network. Now you after more users competing the bandwidth of 5G SA (5G Radio Access Network plus 5G Core Network).

Some users get eight or Maxx as the backup given the SingTel outages, that may help as well for the MRT. Maxx may be a good candidate as M1 network seems to be less congested.
 

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,467
Reaction score
1,028
Is it just me, but I feel the Singtel 5G Quality dropped quite abit in the last week or two? In MRT tunnels keep dropping and totally no signal etc.

Previously wasn't like this, on the 15$ plan for approx half year now
Too many people inside the train?

My engineer friend told me, if can get signal but cant surf, means overcrowded.

The one feature of 5G is that it can do QoS, which singtel implemented it by tiering the better service to those higher plan, which the $15 should be one of the lowest tier.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top