[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
19,445
Reaction score
6,799
Iam using samsung fold 7 .definitely not phone issue :LOL:
IMHO.
US data,

While not widespread "defects," there have been two main areas of user feedback regarding 5G on the Fold 7:

  • Intermittent Signal Drops: A small percentage of users, particularly on Verizon and O2 networks, have reported "dead zones" where the phone drops from 5G to 4G or loses service entirely before requiring a toggle of Airplane Mode to reconnect.
 

Lonelyoldman80

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Messages
756
Reaction score
713
Actually not the lowest, rather in the middle among the 5G+ enabled plans.

1) SingTel 5G+ Priority plans
2) SingTel 5G+ Enhanced plans
3) SingTel SIM Only S$15.28 and S$20.37 plans, plain 5G+
4) Gomo 5G+ plans
5) Zym, Zero 1, VIVIFI and CMLink 5G+ plans

Then you have the following 4G plans.
6) Gomo 4G plans
7) Zym, Zero 1, VIVIFI and CMLink 4G plans
8) SingTel hi! 4G only postpaid plans (heya replacement).
I think the mobileshare and senior plans should be lower than the $15.28 plans :LOL:
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
Hmm with my free incoming ending soon, looks like I need to decide if to try for the 20 bucks link or try to port out and then port in

Can port out from Singtel to Gomo? My other line that was successfully on the 15 bucks plan was a Gomo line
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,267
Reaction score
12,282

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
Did you look at the latest version here? You may want to bookmark it. Post #4 is for Singtel SIM Only recontract.

⚡️💻 README First! How to Select Low Cost SIM Only Plans in Singapore? ✨
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...low-cost-sim-only-plans-in-singapore.7167328/
Thanks. Hmm. Either I try Link 3 (which is
same as the 15 dollars offer right?) or just jitao go out of Singtel, go into Starhub's Passion Card Promo, use one or two months then reenter using the 24.50 offer again

Now I also head pain for the other Singtel line (formerly Gomo) that I got for 15 bucks a month
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
Strange theory time: Maybe my mobile account kenna some taiji and need to "reset"

Under my account's bill, my billing section for my main line says "redirected from mobile (number here)" instead of just "(number here)"

Other lines under my account shows just "(number)" and I do recall telling them to merge billing accounts due to house move

Sounds like I need to port out all lines, shut these billing accounts and then recontact Singtel
 

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
19,445
Reaction score
6,799
Thanks. Hmm. Either I try Link 3 (which is
same as the 15 dollars offer right?) or just jitao go out of Singtel, go into Starhub's Passion Card Promo, use one or two months then reenter using the 24.50 offer again

Now I also head pain for the other Singtel line (formerly Gomo) that I got for 15 bucks a month
IMHO.
Loyalty no count with Singtel. Port in get better rates. :ROFLMAO:
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,267
Reaction score
12,282
IMHO.
Loyalty no count with Singtel. Port in get better rates. :ROFLMAO:

Actually all telecom providers are like this in Singapore, no matter for SIM Only plans or for Fibre Internet plans.

SingTel SIM Only S$15.28 plan recontract offer is actually among the better ones to existing customers.

Anyway, with such competitive market in no contract SIM Only Plans, no need to be loyal anyway. You can see that quite some users keep jumping for the best deals. It is just I am lazy to go through the hassle of porting out the main line as long as the recontract offer is decent.

Porting out the main line does pose a bit of risks as seen in this forum (heng or suay thingy), even though the risks are low.
 
Last edited:

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
Actually all telecom providers are like this in Singapore, no matter for SIM Only plans or for Fibre Internet plans.

SingTel SIM Only S$15.28 plan recontract offer is actually among the better ones to existing customers.

Anyway, with such competitive market in no contract SIM Only Plans, no need to be loyal anyway. You can see that quite some users keep jumping for the best deals. It is just I am lazy to go through the hassle of porting out the main line as long as the recontract offer is decent.

Porting out the main line does pose a bit of risks as seen in this forum (heng or suay thingy), even though the risks are low.
Which is why I wanted to remain in Singtel but it looks like I need to jump through hoops for that
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
Nvm, I go apply for the 20 dollars link. If also denied it means my "spoiled account" theory could be true
 

mahler_qs

Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
117
I experienced the same too during the NSL underground part, was contemplating should I hop out of Singtel should I not able to get the 15.28 recontract deal. My current 15.28 plan will expire some time in June this year.
I have been on the enhanced lite plan since they first rolled out. It is not any better along EWL in the tunnel (specifically from Raffles Place to Lavender). I used to be able to surf net so long as the train is not too crowded and that was abt 3-4 monthgs back. But now its totally dead. So imho, i dont think the network splicing make much of a diff.

SingTel coverage is still better in general so I am still inclined to stick around.

Just one point to raise, i was in Msia recently, network gets quite spotty. Likely due to their partner network - My Maxis. I had to change my iPhone "5G On" to "5G Auto" to get slightly better coverage. A lot of times, their 5G is "fake 5G". no network.
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
Did you look at the latest version here? You may want to bookmark it. Post #4 is for Singtel SIM Only recontract.

⚡️💻 README First! How to Select Low Cost SIM Only Plans in Singapore? ✨
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...low-cost-sim-only-plans-in-singapore.7167328/
Thanks, link 3 worked for me, just received email and SMS about a new service agreement (aka recontract successful). New one will take place immediately after my current one so no service disruption it seems

Interestingly, my contract says this:

Current Mobile Plan: Enhanced Lite Plan (12 mth term) (5G+ Enhanced, 60GB Local
Data, 5G Access, Local Incoming Calls, 400mins Local
Outgoing Calls, 400 Local SMS)

New Mobile Plan: SIM Only Plus (40GB Local Data, 1000 mins of Outgoing Calls,
Free Incoming Calls, 500 Local SMS)

So looks like only next year I then can officially move to the 15 dollar plans?

5G Enhanced is shown as a VAS and also to be ceased once I move to this plan
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,267
Reaction score
12,282
Link 3 worked for me, just received email and SMS about a new service agreement (aka recontract successful). New one will take place immediately after my current one so no service disruption it seems

Interestingly, my contract says this:

Current Mobile Plan: Enhanced Lite Plan (12 mth term) (5G+ Enhanced, 60GB Local
Data, 5G Access, Local Incoming Calls, 400mins Local
Outgoing Calls, 400 Local SMS)

New Mobile Plan: SIM Only Plus (40GB Local Data, 1000 mins of Outgoing Calls,
Free Incoming Calls, 500 Local SMS)

So looks like only next year I then can officially move to the 15 dollar plans?

Looks like they really do not like the current 5G+ Enhanced Lite Plan customers to move to the S$15.28 per month plan. But at least they allow you to move to the S$20.37 plan (which is actually the same as S$15.28 plan).

I can tell you that I also keep receiving the message from Singtel to ask me to look at S$20.37 per month plan, or other higher priced plans. I just ignore the messages.

We got two lines, one to expire in August 2026 and the other in Nov 2026.
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
Looks like they really do not like the current 5G+ Enhanced Lite Plan customers to move to the S$15.28 per month plan. But at least they allow you to move to the S$20.37 plan (which is actually the same as S$15.28 plan).

I can tell you that I also keep receiving the message from Singtel to ask me to look at S$20.37 per month plan, or other higher priced plans. I just ignore the messages.

We got two lines, one to expire in August 2026 and the other in Nov 2026.
I see, hmm. I got another line on SIM Only Plus 30 expiring on June 2026. Will test with the 15 bucks plan to confirm if they only ok for SIM Only Plus plan users to use the 15 bucks plan while everyone else have to use the 20 bucks plan

And at least you got the offer SMSes, I don't get any reminder to recontract at all. Only the reminder that my free Caller ID will expire etc
 

rvyne7

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2017
Messages
582
Reaction score
6
Yes, that is true.

BTW, the new S$15.28 plan comes with 50GB Malaysia Roaming Data.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/eform/simonlyplusform
12-month contract​
250GB of 5G+ data​
FREE 6GB DataRoam Monthly to Malaysia for next 12 months (worth $192) --> Upgraded to 50GB as on 30-August-2025​
1,000 mins​
500 SMS​
12 FREE months of Caller ID​
12 FREE months of 5G+ Access​
$15.28/mth​

I document the SIM Only Plan offers here. You may want to bookmark it.
⚡️💻 README First! How to Select Low Cost SIM Only Plans in Singapore? ✨
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...low-cost-sim-only-plans-in-singapore.7167328/

Thanks for sharing. I applied for the renewal yesterday in the late afternoon and it was approved this morning. This is for my iPad mini data plan, and my previous contract was S$20/month.
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
I have an Apple Watch SE with LTE that has been set up for a family member. I have a Singtel Family Setup mobile plan on it. The My Singtel app allows me to sign up for international roaming (data) for this plan. Meaning, the app allows me to select country, type of plan, and even checkout with an "add to bill" confirmation that I can click on.

But the Singtel website suggests that Family Setup lines have simply no roaming capabilities.

Is there anyone here who has explored this and whether it has or hasn't worked for them? (I could try for myself when this family member will travel abroad over the summer, but it would be good to know in advance if possible.)
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
I got two SIMBA lines and one Circle.Life line (the free one that got grandfathered into a 5 dollar line) as well

How to best port them into Singtel without having the same issue with 5G Enhanced as well?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top