[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
719
Reaction score
536
If esim QR can be reused, it'd be a major security vulnerability. Some hacker would brute force all the esim QR, hijack your line and commit crimes such as using your sms 2FA to reset financial account password and siphon out the funds.
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,837
Reaction score
2,284
If esim QR can be reused, it'd be a major security vulnerability. Some hacker would brute force all the esim QR, hijack your line and commit crimes such as using your sms 2FA to reset financial account password and siphon out the funds.
Cannot activate an esim when the old esim is not deleted. So, unless the original phone deleted the esim, then the hacker able to add that esim? Just wondering
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,554
Reaction score
4,160
If esim QR can be reused, it'd be a major security vulnerability. Some hacker would brute force all the esim QR, hijack your line and commit crimes such as using your sms 2FA to reset financial account password and siphon out the funds.
1 active session, not that easy to just hijack even with eSIM being reusable from what I see.
 

tidus792

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2001
Messages
5,103
Reaction score
184
My old esim QR from almost 2 years ago cannot use again

Thanks for sharing.

I think it's quite unlikely that these emailed QR codes have no expiry date.
Most companies will ask you to re-generate / re-download from thier websites at some point.
As to whether they charge / don't charge is a separate matter (it costs pennies on the telco end).
 

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
7,375
Reaction score
2,402
I managed to recontract $15.28/mth plan for 12 months. Like you will try for better deals after 10 months or so!


Hi all. Singtel is charging me AutoRoam $10 in addition to subscription $15.28 ? Do you all know why? Seems like they continue this from my earlier contract. If I unsubscribe AutoRoam will my free 6GB dataroam monthly to Malaysia will work or should I subsscribe to something? I don't need to receive calls while in Malaysia or overseas. Singtel billing driving me crazy. Please assist.
 
Last edited:

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,026
Reaction score
697
Hi all. Singtel is charging me AutoRoam $10 in addition to subscription $15.28 ? Do you all know why? Seems like they continue this from my earlier contract. If I unsubscribe AutoRoam will my free 6GB dataroam monthly to Malaysia will work or should I subsscribe to something? I don't need to receive calls while in Malaysia or overseas. Singtel billing driving me crazy. Please assist.
Why don't u confirm with singtel through the mysingtel app? I understand that u don't need the auto roam plan to use the free 6 gb dataroam package for Malaysia.

Personally I kept the free pay as you roam subscription although the rates will be more expensive in case I need to make a call overseas where WhatsApp call is not viable.
 

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
7,375
Reaction score
2,402
Why don't u confirm with singtel through the mysingtel app? I understand that u don't need the auto roam plan to use the free 6 gb dataroam package for Malaysia.

Personally I kept the free pay as you roam subscription although the rates will be more expensive in case I need to make a call overseas where WhatsApp call is not viable.
I asked Singtel to cancel AutoRoam. I didn't know contacting Singtel is a pain too!
 

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
7,375
Reaction score
2,402
Can't cancel using the app? I cancelled mine through the app add ons last time
Oh my ...... after talking cock, sing song, so long yesterday Autoroam wasn't unsubscribed! I just did unsubscribe via app. Thank you Godeau.

I think customer service is from Philippines.... everything sir...she said my AutoRoam was unsubscribed since my new $15.98 contract but she was unable to explain why I was billed. She said she would proceed with the refund. But I was shocked to see autoam was subscribed in the app until just now. ..!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top