[Official] Whatsapp Status/Discussion Thread

snaem85

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
1
hey guys, just to check.

if lets say i removed whatsapp from my phone, and subsequently installed it back a few days later.

will i still receive msges send to me after installing it back (msges send during the time i had whatsapp removed)?
 

PsYkOoOoO

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
hey guys, just to check.

if lets say i removed whatsapp from my phone, and subsequently installed it back a few days later.

will i still receive msges send to me after installing it back (msges send during the time i had whatsapp removed)?

How long do you intend to have it uninstalled?
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
Whatsapps is the single reason why I did not switch to Android platform. It's very useful for messaging and helped me save so much SMS and MMS. So far I have not encountered any issues with this app though.

One of the best apps I have ever used. Period. =:p
 

alvino

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2001
Messages
1,446
Reaction score
83
Whatsapps is the single reason why I did not switch to Android platform. It's very useful for messaging and helped me save so much SMS and MMS. So far I have not encountered any issues with this app though.

One of the best apps I have ever used. Period. =:p
i think you can switch to android if you want, the whatsapp app is already on android for months.
 

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
10,316
Reaction score
0
Whatsapps is the single reason why I did not switch to Android platform. It's very useful for messaging and helped me save so much SMS and MMS. So far I have not encountered any issues with this app though.

One of the best apps I have ever used. Period. =:p

Andriod, iOS and RIM all have whatsapp already la... and they are cross platform, meaning u can msg someone using BB/Andriod with whatsapp also...

WOLS to max ...... :(:(:(:(
 

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
Andriod, iOS and RIM all have whatsapp already la... and they are cross platform, meaning u can msg someone using BB/Andriod with whatsapp also...

WOLS to max ...... :(:(:(:(

lol yeah, its even on nokia symbian. just that its beta version for now
 

papergoat

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
0
Andriod, iOS and RIM all have whatsapp already la... and they are cross platform, meaning u can msg someone using BB/Andriod with whatsapp also...

WOLS to max ...... :(:(:(:(
and the best part is.... whatsapp for iOS is PAID! heehee..
 

Y_Shun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
32,887
Reaction score
0
Hows Kik compared to whatsapp?

Kik seems like a clone sia... somemore multi platform supported too

Most importantly it is free!
 

phrozact

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
18
I've upgraded to Whatsapp 2.5.12, but since then I've been having a problem with the app not connecting to the network upon launching. Restarting the app helps but it's kinda annoying having to start Whatsapp twice before being able to send messages. Anyone else with this issue? Re-installing and restarting the phone doesnt help either.

I've been communicating with their tech support but so far no solutions yet.
 

xtemujin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
35,172
Reaction score
1,163
I'm also facing this issue of Whatsapp not connecting.

I need to launch Whatsapp for it to connect and when I checked again a few minutes later, the Whatsapp status is disconnected.
 

sevenfightclub

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2005
Messages
826
Reaction score
1
Need some help here - there is no sound/ alert at all when I get a new message/ chat. The settings are set on "on" the sound for alert.

It only gets an alert sound when I'm in the app itself.

I've already uninstalled the app, reboot phone and reinstalled. Problem still exists.

Any ideas? Thanks! :)
 

1ne1ne

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
bumping this. does anybody know how to change the notification sound?

Awesome. Easy to follow.

I have the same problem. Everything works but when I get the first message, when my iPhone is locked, I will get the default sound. But once I open it and locked it again, I will get my new tone.

The weird thing is after 10 mins. If I received another message it will go back to the default sound, and the same thing is repeated above

Hendrix is right, how do you change the notification sound?
 

kawatsu

Master Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
2,766
Reaction score
1
can i confirm again, will we be charged extra if i whatsapp my friend who is currently holding to a overseas number?
 

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
17,127
Reaction score
5,977
Need some help here - there is no sound/ alert at all when I get a new message/ chat. The settings are set on "on" the sound for alert.

It only gets an alert sound when I'm in the app itself.

I've already uninstalled the app, reboot phone and reinstalled. Problem still exists.

Any ideas? Thanks! :)

did you set push notification to on?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top