Hi, any idea where I should install my terminal point, ONT, router & homeplug? Best is can cover the entire house have good wifi coverage.
This is a 4 room HDB flat btw
I saw you post on the other thread.
Anyway, 1st read the Home Owners' Guide by Netlinktrust to have a better understanding of how they carry out the installation:
http://www.netlinktrust.com/residential/home-owners-guide/
You want to have good wifi coverage for the whole house, this suggests that the wireless router should be placed in a central position. However, if the kitchen is not a priority, you can consider placing it nearer to the bedrooms.
Next, the locations for TP and ONT are rather flexible. While the first 15m of fibre cable is free, you only have to pay an additional $33 for every 5m extra length. TP and ONT is connected by another optical fibre. As far as I know, the standard length that comes with the ONT (supplied by ISP) is 5m. Between ONT and the wireless router, they are connected by lan cable which usually comes with the router, perhaps 1.8m in length. You can always buy a longer cable if necessary.
With these, I think you should be able to plan accordingly taking into consideration your furniture, decoration, etc.
Home plug will be restricted to the locations of your power points. You don't have much options.
Edit: distance between TP and ONT can be extended beyond 5m if you buy your own fibre cable.