Penrose Sims Villa

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
Im a westie for my past 30 yrs and strongly feel that clementi is now saturated with even more housing supply pumped into clementi, ie those closer west cost side as well. clavon is similar to parc clemantis as it is next to the busy AYE which sets the same context as penrose, next to an expressway.

Clementi is another old estate just like toa payoh, but location is still a 45min away to city centre. Or 9 mrt stops to city hall which is dreading esp after work. I personally feel penrose location in general is more superior than Clavon for s comparison sake.

Given also the current parc clemantis that is still in the market on the same stretch of AYE, its really hard to differentiate next time when u wanna sell clavon? Its not really as close to the mrt station as well. The only west coast recreation ctr across the site is also torn down, left an aging decade old sport complex and a old town ctr.

Just my quick five cents

Likewise, I feel that Penrose location is more superior to Clavon in the following aspect:

- it’s decently closed to Aljunied MRT (6mins walk) compared to Clavon (more than 10mins walk- generally not considered walking distance to MRT)
- Penrose is nearer to CBD by car than Clavon is
- Penrose is RCR, Clavon is OCR
- Penrose has lessee competition for future resellers only SUO, Clavon has Parc Clematis, Trilinq, Clement Canopy and more

Tied (dependant on one’s preference)
- both are located within transformation area, Penrose- PLB, Clavon-One North
 

Frozen1234

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Gd to know there are some westies on this thread. Do you guys mind sharing some thoughts and opinions on parc clementis? How does it compare to the rest of the projects in the area including west coast enclave? Sorry if I ask here. The parc clementis thread is very quiet.
 

urbanmale2004

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Gd to know there are some westies on this thread. Do you guys mind sharing some thoughts and opinions on parc clementis? How does it compare to the rest of the projects in the area including west coast enclave? Sorry if I ask here. The parc clementis thread is very quiet.
Unless if u drive, if not i would think the west coast vale part is abit ulu. Parc clemantic is ok but not ideal for mrt as its easy, i suppose need a 10-15min walk to clementi mrt, walk across overhead bridge, into the current showflat plot, clementi town sec to mrt. or catch one or two buses to the bus interchange. Surrounded by both busy road and aye, i really think not easily to move around via foot or buses imo.

More over Trilliq is adjacent, which is easier to access to mrt and bus stop rather than the busy aye junction of parc clemantis. The pricing dont seem attractive too for an OCR location. Location Over supply too.
 

Frozen1234

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Thanks for your comment. I'm actually looking at the 1 bedder at parc clementis for investment. Looking at trilinq rental is about 2.3 to 2.5k per month now. I always thought the demand for rental in the west is better than the east or north due to all the schools hospitals, one north, etc? Yes, agree about the oversupply if you include the weat coast enclave. But west coast and clementi, I always think they are very different. I mean ppl always associate clementi with mature estate and amenities but not so for wear coast right?
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Thanks for your comment. I'm actually looking at the 1 bedder at parc clementis for investment. Looking at trilinq rental is about 2.3 to 2.5k per month now. I always thought the demand for rental in the west is better than the east or north due to all the schools hospitals, one north, etc? Yes, agree about the oversupply if you include the weat coast enclave. But west coast and clementi, I always think they are very different. I mean ppl always associate clementi with mature estate and amenities but not so for wear coast right?

It’s a fact Clementi area rental not bad. But it’s also a fact there will be oversupply there and cap gain may not be appetising.
Parc clementis is now 43% sold. Fyi
 

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
501
Since TOP till date, 0 one bedder unit been resold. Might be due to high quantum in asking price since unit are bigger as compared to Parc Clem.

Parc clem units are smaller and quantum is way lower. Starting from $696k.
A quick search on Property Guru, the Asking price for Trilinq is $899k-920k. Rental for past 1 year range $2-2.6k.

Thanks for your comment. I'm actually looking at the 1 bedder at parc clementis for investment. Looking at trilinq rental is about 2.3 to 2.5k per month now. I always thought the demand for rental in the west is better than the east or north due to all the schools hospitals, one north, etc? Yes, agree about the oversupply if you include the weat coast enclave. But west coast and clementi, I always think they are very different. I mean ppl always associate clementi with mature estate and amenities but not so for wear coast right?
 

Frozen1234

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
It’s a fact Clementi area rental not bad. But it’s also a fact there will be oversupply there and cap gain may not be appetising.
Parc clementis is now 43% sold. Fyi
Thanks for your comments. May I know your oversupply includes west coast side? As far as I know, there are 3 condos nearest to the mrt, which is the PC, trilinq stretch. And a new condo coming up by UOL I think. Or is this considered as over supply already?
 

Frozen1234

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the data, wasnt aware that zero sales for trilinq one bedder so far. I was aware of the trilinq one bedder size and I actually thought that parc clementis might be good since this could mean a lack of supply of a "real" 1 bedder in the area.
 

sinequa88

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
531
Reaction score
15
been seeing a lot of ads for Penrose claiming that its up to "300k cheaper" than the closest competitor (i'm guessing that is SUO), although "300k cheaper" by itself is no of use given the lack of a context.

also saw a few websites claiming that the breakeven is only approx $1,235 psf (i.e. launch price of maybe $1,4xx-$1,5xx levels) if that is true, does it mean the potential launch price could be below SUO resale?

i highly doubt the $1,235 breakeven given that the land cost is already $735. an average summation of the other costs would also mean a breakeven of at least $1,350 thereabout. not forgetting Penrose needs to spend on road widening works and also the building of a childcare center.


anyone has any insights? TIA :s12:
 
Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
501
April 2020 rental caveat out:

Park place Residences:
1 bedder > $2600-2800
2 bedder > $3300-3900
 

ChrisL82

Member
Joined
May 16, 2020
Messages
120
Reaction score
17
Therefore, penrose needs to be 14xx to 15xxpsf before it looks appetising since most of us agreed it’s next to expressway, surrounded by old hdb and industrial areas, possible competition with SUO after TOP and most importantly, all of us know it’s land bid breakeven price is 1235psf. etc etc.

Definitely not appetitesing if it’s in the 16xxpsf-17xxpsf range, esp in trying times like this.
I am new to this forum and have been lurking around reading home seekers forums particularly this thread. I will like to purchase my first property and been looking for new launches for investment purposes. Due to the location, I am particularly interested with this project. I have earlier made a trip down earlier to Aljunied so to take a look at the location. I have to agreed with you that the surroundings are lacklustre with lots of old establishments. I can't locate the food place indicated on the map? Seems like a quiet, industrial area. I am having second thoughts now. Any one has recommendations on what good to buy for a one bedder/ one bedder + study ? Many thanks.
 

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
501
Clavon & penrose land price almost similar. Can check out clavon if u okay with west.

$732ppr psf > Penrose
$788ppr psf > Clavon

Am looking around for 1/1+study too.

I am new to this forum and been lurking around reading home seekers forums particularly this thread. I will like my first property and been looking for new launches for investment purposes. Due to the location, I am particularly with this project. I have earlier made a trip down earlier to Aljunied so to take a look at the location. I have to agreed with you that the surroundings are lacklustre with lots of old establishments. I can't locate the food place indicated on the map? Seems like a quiet, industrial area. I am having second thoughts now. Any one has recommendations on what good to buy for a one bedder/ one bedder + study ? Many thanks.
 

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
501
Any idea where is penrose showflat?

Was there just now. Location wise around 5mins walk via the sheltered walkway from Aljunied MRT through Blk 53 & 52.

There’s Sims place market and makan place nearby. Not too bad.

Didn’t see any showflat structure nearby tho.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Any idea where is penrose showflat?

Was there just now. Location wise around 5mins walk via the sheltered walkway from Aljunied MRT through Blk 53 & 52.

There’s Sims place market and makan place nearby. Not too bad.

Didn’t see any showflat structure nearby tho.

If it’s not built before **, it’s 100% likely it’s still not built due to complete halt of all construction work the for past 2 months.
 

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
501
Ahhh I guess the project will launch probably Q4 2020 onwards then.

Clavon showflat structure was up before ** hehe. Just at the empty plot between Clavon and Clement canopy.

If it’s not built before **, it’s 100% likely it’s still not built due to complete halt of all construction work the past 2 months.
 
Last edited:

tesarise

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2019
Messages
849
Reaction score
126
Any idea where is penrose showflat?

Was there just now. Location wise around 5mins walk via the sheltered walkway from Aljunied MRT through Blk 53 & 52.

There’s Sims place market and makan place nearby. Not too bad.

Didn’t see any showflat structure nearby tho.

its directly opposite the Antares showflat. Not fully built yet when i went to see Antares just before ** start
 

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
501
Ohhh yes!!! I saw it just now too! Oh that’s the showflat for Penrose!! Thanks bro!

Saw it’s almost 80% complete. No condo name so now I know it’s penrose!

its directly opposite the Antares showflat. Not fully built yet when i went to see Antares just before ** start
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top