My 4 year old canon LBP5050 original colors cartridges keeps smudging the paper even though they are depleted. Even the auto cleaning feature can't fix it after 10 attempts. Used a cloth to wipe the smudges on the cartridge drum but it doesn't appear to help much and must be repeated 2-3 times each time I need to print a new document. Also tried removing a color cartridge but it doesn't work.
Previously, I had been replacing only the black cartridge even though the colors are depleted - this is because a cartridge costs $100+ and it will cost a fortune to replace all of them.
I think the printer is lost. Can any kind soul please recommend a BW laser printer with low cost per page printed? Previously, I replaced the Black cartridge once very 9 months.
ps: I used Samsung previously, the printer was cheap, but the toner is very expensive.
For the mono just print only model, you need wifi and duplex printing?
Yes mono - I had to dump my Canon because the color drums are worn out - too expensive to replaced 3 color drums. Duplex not required.
Cheapest consumable in the market for this category would be Fuji Xerox P215b already @ $99 with $30 ntuc vouchers
P215b
USB connection only
Toner
Standard yield 1k $55
High yield 2.2k $95
If you need wireless then it would be Samsung ML-2165w but original toner cost a bomb
Toner
Standard yield 1.5k pages $102
no high yield
1. Mono or Colour
Can someone recommend:
1. Mono
2. Print only
3. Printing school notes. 100pages/month?
4. Budget under $200
5. No extra requirements.
can someone recommend me a printer.
1. monochrome
2. printing only
3. for notes printing ~100pages/month
4. budget below or around $130, but the cheaper the better
5. bonus if compatible toner is available. Need Auto Duplex printing!
can someone recommend me a printer with the following requirements?
1. monochrome
2. print, copy and scan needed (bonus if got fax function)
3. for general work printing - <100pages a month (mostly text based docs to be printed. Printing speed not an impt factor)
4. budget below $300
5. Need Auto Duplex printing and wireless direct printing (computer prints wirelessly to printer)
Reliability and low cost toner replacement is important for me.
Thx!
Hello, can any bros help to advise:
I am using an ac router for wireless connection that sitting is in the living room.
The printer that I am planning to get will be placed in the living room as well.
However, my desk top is in a bed room, about 7m away from them.
Are there laser printers(colour for scondary school work use) that support ac wifi?
(Xerox or Canon is preferred)
Will the connection( signal ) via ac for printing wirelessly be any better as compared to connection via wifi a,b, or n?
Thank you.
Brother HL-2240d @$138. Got compatible toner
but no wifi only usb connection. Can buy compatible toner from me