[Printer] Laser Printer questions lip lai !!!

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Hi all, brand new to laser printers, using inkjet my whole life, but clogged printhead driving me nuts these days....

looking for
1) print, scan, copy
2) no need duplex
3) low usage, prob <300 sheets/YEAR
4) toner upkeep as cheap as possible

can recommend options for
a) color VS mono
b) wifi VS no wifi

Thanks a million folks =D

Welcome to the laser club. Once you used laser, no more turning back to the money sucking inkjets.

No wifi (USB connection only)
Mono
Fuji Xerox M215b $159
Brother DCP-1510 $148

Color
Fuji Xerox CM215b $399

With Wifi
Mono
Fuji Xerox M215fw $239
Brother MFC-1810 4 get price

Color
Fuji Xerox CM215fw $499

IF you want cheap consumables then go for Fuji Xerox cause brother you still need to change drum on top of your toners. Fuji Xerox dont need.
 

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
hi!

Any recommendations for an entry level laser colour printer?
1. Colour (mainly black)
2. Print,
3. For school assignments
4. Around $200
5. Wireless, duplex optional

Thanks!

Cheapest is Brother HL-3170cdw $398

Unless you can give up color

Mono Cheap cheap

Fuji Xerox P255dw $159 nia
 

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
I need an AIO MFP color laser at home for documents and presentation

Need the following features:
Duplex print (auto)
Duplex scanning (auto)
Wireless Print
300 runs monthly average
Envelope printing if possible
Efficient consumables cost (Or which bro sells cheaper originals also boleh :s13: )
Budget up to $700 max

Thanks!

Wa then no more options le.

Brother MFC-9330cdw $598 have all you need but lousy print out

if not

Canon MF-8580cdw $978 but have better print out and cheaper consumables.
 

Icetray

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
3,977
Reaction score
1
1. Change it under printer properties duplex printing: 1 sided print

2. The tray is to protect your paper against dust
I have manual duplex as my default as I tend to print a lot of documents double sided. I do on occasion however print single sheets. Isn't there a setting for the printer to be slightly smarter when it comes to printing single sheets?

My old HP printer had the same settings and didn't print blank pages for me to flip when single pages were sent for printing. :(
 

prtscn

Member
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Yup comex is the time for bargain hunters. Freebies + price discount.

For your requirement you can consider Fuji Xerox M215b or Brother DCP-7060d

Fuji Xerox M215b
Cost per page is 4.3 cents

Brother DCP-7060d
Cost per page is 4.6 cents

These are my final 2 choices too,
Based on past comments, Fuji has the better cost efficiency and print quality. Brother is more expensive but has auto duplex.

I frequently print on duplex so i'm kinda lost as to which one to pick..
Is the manual duplex on Fuji easy to operate?
 

gamma7sg

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
3,054
Reaction score
43
These are my final 2 choices too,
Based on past comments, Fuji has the better cost efficiency and print quality. Brother is more expensive but has auto duplex.

I frequently print on duplex so i'm kinda lost as to which one to pick..
Is the manual duplex on Fuji easy to operate?

is using CP105b, when the even pages had printed out, the printer will pause and waiting for the even pages that had printed out to put it back to the in tray, without flipping or turning the pages, then press a button to proceed to print the odd pages.
the disadvantage is that when the printer feeds in more than 2 pages (touch wood, haven kenna yet)(every time when input paper, do a fan on the papers), all the alignment will go hay wire...
 

Iynereh

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2009
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm currently thinking of getting a laser printer. Reading all these post, I assume that Fuji Xerox is a pretty good brand. Is the colour printing quality good and is it more cost efficient for colour printing on laser printer?
 

tazzycorner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
40,693
Reaction score
6,465
Cheapest is Brother HL-3170cdw $398

Unless you can give up color

Mono Cheap cheap

Fuji Xerox P255dw $159 nia

thanks for the info

missed the Fuji Xerox promo wich ended yesterday
else, can get $40 ntuc voucher with the P255dw
 

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
I have manual duplex as my default as I tend to print a lot of documents double sided. I do on occasion however print single sheets. Isn't there a setting for the printer to be slightly smarter when it comes to printing single sheets?

My old HP printer had the same settings and didn't print blank pages for me to flip when single pages were sent for printing. :(

:s13::s13::s13::s13: unfortunately, the printer is abit dumb and cannot recognize unless you change the settings. what you can do is to not flip when you take ur print out. Just hit the red button and cancel your print job so you dont have to flip it.
 

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm currently thinking of getting a laser printer. Reading all these post, I assume that Fuji Xerox is a pretty good brand. Is the colour printing quality good and is it more cost efficient for colour printing on laser printer?

Their color quality is the best in the market. If use compatible toners more cost savings =:p
 

lightdark

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2008
Messages
270
Reaction score
0
Hi all, need help on photo printer recommendation.
1. Colour
2. Can Print Copy
3. Budget not more than $700
4. Wireless, USB, memory card, Size: smaller the better

Thanks
 
Last edited:

austinmation

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
476
Reaction score
0
Wa then no more options le.

Brother MFC-9330cdw $598 have all you need but lousy print out

if not

Canon MF-8580cdw $978 but have better print out and cheaper consumables.

Thanks bro, you give a good recommendation.

For MFC-9330CDW, I can live without good print and auto duplex for its price, but it seems that the original consumables are quite controlled price and yield/page works out to be quite high over Canon's.

If let's say I push my budget to MF8580CDW, what other options will I have? - priority is affordable consumables.

PS: I lost faith with compatible toner cause I used one a year back on my Samsung, keep printing out poorly (like the toner powder sticking and cannot spread)

Are the compatible toners reliable these days?
 

tjiax1

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2007
Messages
698
Reaction score
0
I need an AIO color laser at home for documents

Need the following features:
Duplex print (auto)
Wireless, USB & memory card Print
Efficient consumables cost

Thanks!
 

Ben-goshi

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Anyone with laser printer questions can come in and ask !!

Currently in the market the top 3 brands are Fuji Xerox, Brother and Samsung.

List the specs of printer that you are looking in this way so hwzers can assist you better!

1. Mono or Colour
2. Print, Print Scan Copy (3in1) or Print Scan Copy Fax (4in1)
3. Printing capacity per month
4. Budget
5. Other extra requirement like wireless, iphone printing etc.

Cheers !!

Bro much appreciate to gather some advice from you as i'm looking at 2 brands: Canon 3in1 laser and Fuji Xerox 3in1 laser.

Canon MF4820d 1 model
Fuji as long as it's duplex but i'm unsure which available model

I prefer to compare based on the toner budget and quality between these 2 brand. Doesn't require wireless/additional features as long as it's compatible to both Windows and Mac.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,173
Reaction score
17,440
I have a question to ask regarding Fuji Xerox toner cartridge.

I bought a toner cartridge from eBay and I wish to test it on the printer. Do I just do it and replace the original toner cartridge? Will I be able to put back the original toner cartridge after testing so that I can keep the eBay toner cartridge?
 

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
9,468
Reaction score
682
I have a question to ask regarding Fuji Xerox toner cartridge.

I bought a toner cartridge from eBay and I wish to test it on the printer. Do I just do it and replace the original toner cartridge? Will I be able to put back the original toner cartridge after testing so that I can keep the eBay toner cartridge?

kiwi which model you bought? should have bought it from taobao. the price in ebay is quite expensive :s22::s22: unless you got those from US seller, those hongkong/china seller source their toner from taobao.

Should be no problem if your cartridge comes with the chip
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,173
Reaction score
17,440
kiwi which model you bought? should have bought it from taobao. the price in ebay is quite expensive :s22::s22: unless you got those from US seller, those hongkong/china seller source their toner from taobao.

Should be no problem if your cartridge comes with the chip

I bought the AUD7.50 (around SGD9) one.

Well I dun think I will be printing too much... just wanna test it out first. :o
 

MercyOfASwiftDeath

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2014
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Hello guys! I'm looking for a toner printer that is really cheap so I can bring abroad to print lots of stuff whilst studying. As long as it's not too heavy(say <7kg), and the toner cartridge is cheap, I don't really care for brands or anything. Having said that, it would definitely be a plus to own a reliable machine.
What would you recommend?
My budget is $150+-, and if it might aid your assessment, I'm heading to the UK.
A big thank you in advance!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top