[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,528
Reaction score
4,135
After playing around with boards, I realised old school is still the best. I kinda feel the bling was brought about through the gaming scene. I prefer how boards were made in the past, good construction and overall better plastics for the keycaps.

Some of the RGB caps are just too thin as they need to balance shine through and type feel.

Does anyone here have really old mechanical keyboards, I might be interested. (Pre USB connector)

- Old Cherry Boards
- Old Silicon Graphics Keyboards
Yes, quality over bling.
Pointless to look fancy but functionally its bad.
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,176
Reaction score
2,551
There are a couple of shops you can check out.

Ktechs - Aljunied (near Aljunied MRT)
Landing Pad - Jln Pemimpin (near Mary Mount)
RF Laboratory - Orchard
Qwertypop - Ubi

I've been to Ktechs and RF, there are quite a few boards to press press.
ok thanks!!!
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
21,990
Reaction score
11,569
That a cool board but cannot harvest, old cherry boards can harvest the caps. Old school keycaps are made different.
Oh, I just noticed you're asking about keycaps... paiseh

I thought you're looking for old kb to buy
 

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,738
Reaction score
52
Visited the one in JB and to my surprise the pricing in some Singapore shops more friendly.

But they do have a big range or knick knacks for people to choose from.

Large range of desk mats, accessories and anime keycaps.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,562
Reaction score
39,024
Yeah that's what i mean, don't replace the exact same keycap, because I already experienced the problem with this keyboard and know what issue you talking about, soon more of the keys will break, not only your W key.

But just shocked this issue is still happening, guess they dont care.



Yeah it will work, i replaced mine with G.Skill Crown back then.
I am using Corsair K68... some of the key caps did break even the replacement I bought also break... it is usually broken at the connector to the key part... the cross connector always break... due to repeated pressing down on it... makes me considering getting those resin custom key caps.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,034
Reaction score
8,286
I am using Corsair K68... some of the key caps did break even the replacement I bought also break... it is usually broken at the connector to the key part... the cross connector always break... due to repeated pressing down on it... makes me considering getting those resin custom key caps.

wtf corsair also like that??? simi sai quality o_O

last time my k70rgb first iteration no issue one
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,562
Reaction score
39,024
wtf corsair also like that??? simi sai quality o_O

last time my k70rgb first iteration no issue one
The OG black caps broke a few.. then later I replace it with some tiong metal keycaps from another keyboard... but those metal keycaps a lot oxidation on it... then later I buy original white color ones under Corsair brand.. also broke... sibei jialat... :sick:
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,562
Reaction score
39,024
91ZEJfJcwoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71Z9sc7f13L._AC_SX679_.jpg


This is still fine.. so far nothing.

71j0KCC2yEL._AC_SL1200_.jpg


This set the direction up button and tab button broke on me...
 

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
19,465
Reaction score
6,802
IMHO.
Recommendations for a keyboard to replace the Logitech G910.
Looking for alternative to Logitech.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
I'm looking for a wired keyboard with magnetic switches that has EXACT layout & number of keys to below keyboard. Any recommendations ?

61zVXhW-SpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,034
Reaction score
8,286
As some of you may know, i try out many different 75% keyboards, from premium ones like rog azoth, all the way down to budget ones from ajazz.

I was wondering if anyone tried the Tecware Spectre 75 Wireless, It looks like it uses the same common OEM board found in many S$50 China-brand keyboards just by looking at the display and software.

When it comes to battery life, most CN board i tested using a 4000mAH battery lasts < 100 hours with both LED and display off. However, Tecware claims that their keyboards can last 400 hours of continuous usage, which is quite different from other keyboards using the same OEM board.

I wonder if they are just smoking or is it true?

 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top