Samsung Galaxy A35 And A55

HoGnix

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
551
confirmed a55 local set support esim ?
Yesterday, I went to Challenger to have a look, it is quite nice look, got metal frame.
The store assistant checked the phone and confirm it has eSIM option in the Setting menu. the phone also has one double side physical SIM slot, one side is a SIM card slot and other side is a hybrid SIM/SD card slot.
but the price is $6XX for 256GB version, and it only has virtual proximity sensor.
if you are not a Samsung fan, this price can buy you a very good spec. phone. like Realme GT5 Pro ( latest Sd 8 Gen 3 processor, USB-C 3.2 port, optical zoom lence....)
 

shachok86

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
242
Reaction score
27
Just bought A55 new set from Mr Mobile at $500. 256gb. Way cheaper than buying at Challenger or normal retail price seller.
 

wwh5210

Master Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
2,994
Reaction score
348
Yesterday, I went to Challenger to have a look, it is quite nice look, got metal frame.
The store assistant checked the phone and confirm it has eSIM option in the Setting menu. the phone also has one double side physical SIM slot, one side is a SIM card slot and other side is a hybrid SIM/SD card slot.
but the price is $6XX for 256GB version, and it only has virtual proximity sensor.
if you are not a Samsung fan, this price can buy you a very good spec. phone. like Realme GT5 Pro ( latest Sd 8 Gen 3 processor, USB-C 3.2 port, optical zoom lence....)
Chinese brands are cheap and with good specs however, the software support isn't that great. Samsung does provide software update almost monthly and Samsung Knox.
 

torrent06

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
168
eSIM is important. When I bought the A33 back then, I instantly regretted it. When my family went on vacation, my son and wife were able to buy a esim and use it. I must buy a physical card. End up I brought my iphone SE so that I too can use eSIM. Thereafter I changed to another samsung phone that has eSIM. Unfortunately that phone did not have onscreen fingerprint. A55 has both of these function. I kept to Samsung family of phone because of Health365. Otherwise I would have considered the latest Redmi Note series (which also have eSIM and cheaper). The only thing holding me back is A55 price. Price alone, I will choose A54. It has all the required functions except eSIM.
What do you mean by this? Redmi phones cannot install Health365?
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
886
What do you mean by this? Redmi phones cannot install Health365?
Redmi phone can install Health365. Question is which tracker to use to track the steps. 365 only accept certain apps and xiaomi is not one of them.

Technically you can install Samsung Health app on redmi and then sync it with 365. But you will only be using the phone as a step tracker, not the band. Else you have to use the HPB tracker band. I used to have xiaomi watch with redmi phone but have to use the HPB band for tracking steps. Later I changed to samsung watch with samsung phone with samsung health. No longer need to wear the 'extra' HPB band.

Do let me know if I am missing something here. It has been more than a year I last used redmi.
 
Last edited:

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
70
Chinese brands are cheap and with good specs however, the software support isn't that great. Samsung does provide software update almost monthly and Samsung Knox.
Ya to me actually this software point is important feature. Other brands don't commit on software upgrades. This is one reason that I felt leaning towards to Samsung devices.
 

spell

Master Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Messages
2,756
Reaction score
1
My girl has a almost 2 yrs old A73 that suddenly had the green line on the screen few days ago. So ya.. A series is not immune to the green line too.

Would there be any noticeable improvement replacing the A73 with A55?
 

andriod

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2012
Messages
590
Reaction score
68
My girl has a almost 2 yrs old A73 that suddenly had the green line on the screen few days ago. So ya.. A series is not immune to the green line too.

Would there be any noticeable improvement replacing the A73 with A55?
Just suddenly appear? Got try to go to Samsung to complain?
 

chooyoshi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2016
Messages
2,241
Reaction score
493
Just suddenly appear? Got try to go to Samsung to complain?
My girl has a almost 2 yrs old A73 that suddenly had the green line on the screen few days ago. So ya.. A series is not immune to the green line too.

Would there be any noticeable improvement replacing the A73 with A55?
Yes. More powerful processor and better performing camera
 

veltix

Master Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2014
Messages
2,554
Reaction score
176
Can the a55 series play 2d and 3d turn based games of today and past 2 yrs?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top