Samsung Galaxy A54

major.fury

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
12
Xiaomi phone hardware looks impressive but MIUI is messy and it doesn't really follow the standard Android implementation being a Chinese brand thus compatibilities and abnormalities issues arise!
I was contemplating Poco F5 as the hardware specifications looked really on point. The Snapdragon CPU was a selling point.

However some of the functions under MIUI can be harder to manage and administer.

OneUI has since been very stable e.g Bluetooth pairing, notifications, WiFi, VoIP etc.

Battery wise after a few weeks - easily a whole day phone if used normally and I get to the end of the day with 30-40% remaining.

On certain occasions where I use the GPS and camera extensively, I can barely make it though the end of the day with the battery level at 10% or lower at 11pm.
 

major.fury

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
12
Does it suffer from QC issues like overheating or green line on screen?
My set does not have those issues you mentioned. The processor has so far been stable and just warm to touch.

The most power sapping programs would most likely be gaming, camera/video and GPS.

For normal usage, it stays within acceptable temperatures!
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Hi all, i am currently a S20 FE 5G user and contemplating changing to a A54. My main priorities would be camera, battery life and thermal, and I understand that i would be losing the much coveted Usb 3.2 port.

Would it be a wise change? Would i be judged and stoned for this (is it considered a lateral?) upgrade? Thanks!
 

chooyoshi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2016
Messages
2,241
Reaction score
493
Hi all, i am currently a S20 FE 5G user and contemplating changing to a A54. My main priorities would be camera, battery life and thermal, and I understand that i would be losing the much coveted Usb 3.2 port.

Would it be a wise change? Would i be judged and stoned for this (is it considered a lateral?) upgrade? Thanks!
Wait for the S23 Fe and see
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
New firmware is coming very soon in the next day or 2. The AWF7! :)

As the usual point of reference. Both Malaysia and Thailand had gotten it!
 

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,420
Reaction score
5
Hi

I use Galaxy Buds via bluetooth and was able to listen to youtube, netflix etc.

But, when I tried to use it for Microsoft Teams for work meeting, I was not able to. Anyone tried?

Thanks.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Most likely 2.x.

What are the main changes?
Based on the log (Malaysia firmware) . It is just a push up in the security level, meaning July Security patch. :unsure:

Nothing more. Nothing less! :)

I guess that some micro improvements if there were, are not significant enough to be mentioned by Samsung in its log. :giggle:
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
AWF7 update is here! :giggle: Mine is a Samsung retail set.
5NneMh6.jpg
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
I went ahead and bought the A54 128GB set today online, ha.
Nice! It's a good phone!

We don't need the top end phone if our usages / games don't need that top end result.

No need to follow the high end trend.
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Nice! It's a good phone!

We don't need the top end phone if our usages / games don't need that top end result.

No need to follow the high end trend.
I went to Harvey Norman to testdrive both the A34 and A54 today.

I prefer the bigger 6.6" display of A34 but observed that the camera tends to over-sharpen image quality while the A54 camera quality looks nicer. Also noted that A54 has Wifi 6 support while A34 lacks that.
I don't play Genshin Impact or any graphic intensive games so the Exynos 1380 should be sufficient for my match-3 puzzle games and online card and boardgames, hee.

Therefore, my choice went to A54.
 

newcell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
10,436
Reaction score
2,066
Disabled
"Fingerprint Always On"
Yesterday phone in trouser pocket keep activating emergency phone screen.
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
I was curious about the main 50mp camera sensor that A54 uses so did a check online. It seems to be using the Sony IMX766 sensor, which I happened to like based on my previous good experience with the Realme GT Neo 3.

But I guess the sensor quality potential might not be fully maximized due to the mid range SOC, Exynos 1380. Will have to wait till my A54 gets delivered first before I could play around with the cam. I paid $399 for the 128GB local set from a local online store called Mechanic Nation.
 

VentrueJack

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
187
Reaction score
98
I was curious about the main 50mp camera sensor that A54 uses so did a check online. It seems to be using the Sony IMX766 sensor, which I happened to like based on my previous good experience with the Realme GT Neo 3.

But I guess the sensor quality potential might not be fully maximized due to the mid range SOC, Exynos 1380. Will have to wait till my A54 gets delivered first before I could play around with the cam. I paid $399 for the 128GB local set from a local online store called Mechanic Nation.
May I please know which online platform you bought it from? Thanks
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
May I please know which online platform you bought it from? Thanks
I bought it from Lazada yesterday.

I understand some folks look at the A54 with contempt for its bezel. I guess it's subjective when it comes to the design language 🙂

When I saw the actual cellphone upfront at the store yesterday, I was captivated by the design and I didn't even find the bezel ugly or intrusive, ha. I dunno why but to me, I find A54 beautiful 😅 so I guess it's really a personal choice and perspective.

I wanted to buy White but was OOS so I settled for the cheerful Lime 😀
 
Last edited:

VentrueJack

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
187
Reaction score
98
I bought it from Lazada yesterday.

I understand some folks look at the A54 with contempt for its bezel. I guess it's subjective when it comes to the design language 🙂

When I saw the actual cellphone upfront at the store yesterday, I was captivated by the design and I didn't even find the bezel ugly or intrusive, ha. I dunno why but to me, I find A54 beautiful 😅 so I guess it's really a personal choice and perspective.

I wanted to buy White but was OOS so I settled for the cheerful Lime 😀
Thanks, I will go and take a look👍
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top