Samsung Galaxy A54

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
I was curious about the main 50mp camera sensor that A54 uses so did a check online. It seems to be using the Sony IMX766 sensor, which I happened to like based on my previous good experience with the Realme GT Neo 3.

But I guess the sensor quality potential might not be fully maximized due to the mid range SOC, Exynos 1380. Will have to wait till my A54 gets delivered first before I could play around with the cam. I paid $399 for the 128GB local set from a local online store called Mechanic Nation.
Yes. For normal point and shoot be it day or night is super good enough.

Of cause, don't expect the top quality of S series lah likes zoom in and expect S Series zoom in result. :cool:
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,951
Reaction score
2,326
Waiting for the bud2 redemption really wait till spider web liao.
More than 2 mths no update, email their redemption centre, they are as good as invisible. Totally no response.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
I bought it from Lazada yesterday.

I understand some folks look at the A54 with contempt for its bezel. I guess it's subjective when it comes to the design language 🙂

When I saw the actual cellphone upfront at the store yesterday, I was captivated by the design and I didn't even find the bezel ugly or intrusive, ha. I dunno why but to me, I find A54 beautiful 😅 so I guess it's really a personal choice and perspective.

I wanted to buy White but was OOS so I settled for the cheerful Lime 😀
The fact is that I'm actually lovubg the thicker side bezel. It reduces accidental side swipe and come on, it is "thin enough" already as far as I'm concerned. :cool: :)
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
The fact is that I'm actually lovubg the thicker side bezel. It reduces accidental side swipe and come on, it is "thin enough" already as far as I'm concerned. :cool: :)
I find that the A54's bezel with the rounded corners aesthetically pleasing as a matter of fact. And bezel does serve a functional purpose like you shared. To me, the thickness is just right visually 🙂
 
Last edited:

wifi_18Z

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2023
Messages
434
Reaction score
152
Guys, which app should I use to transfer everything from my current Xiaomi note 10 pro to a new Samsung a54? Thanks!
 

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,420
Reaction score
5
Anyone experience issue that the app icon badges do not appear sometimes?
 

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,420
Reaction score
5
All apps.

I came across the below video for potential solution but I do not see Samsung Experience.

 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
I thought that is the normal behavior?

You cleared the notification meaning you clearing the app badge as well?
 

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,420
Reaction score
5
I thought that is the normal behavior?

You cleared the notification meaning you clearing the app badge as well?
Apparently, that is not the behavior for Huawei P20.
The badge will only be cleared if you enter the app which I thought is better UX.

Nvm, just got to adapt.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
Apparently, that is not the behavior for Huawei P20.
The badge will only be cleared if you enter the app which I thought is better UX.

Nvm, just got to adapt.
I see. Guess that is OneUI. Just has to adapt to it. 😷

However, you can go into Notification History to see all your cleared and attanded Notifications if needed so.

I use it if I think I had accidentally cleared my Notis or I need to read back my attended notis. :)
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
May be the Notistar module from Good Lock can help to further customize the default OneUI behavior.

Give it a try.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top