Samsung Galaxy A54

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Anyway, I cancelled my previous online order and managed to buy the White color (my initial choice) set from Vi Mobile yesterday. They sell the 128Gb for $405 while the 256Gb is $455. The White A54 is gorgeous 😍

Did a July update, followed by a factory reset to squish out all potential bugs before setting it up. Right off the bat, battery life has been excellent for me. I much prefer this 19.5:9 aspect ratio to the previous 20:9 on my S20 FE 5G 😄
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Anyway, I cancelled my previous online order and managed to buy the White color (my initial choice) set from Vi Mobile yesterday. They sell the 128Gb for $405 while the 256Gb is $455. The White A54 is gorgeous 😍

Did a July update, followed by a factory reset to squish out all potential bugs before setting it up. Right off the bat, battery life has been excellent for me. I much prefer this 19.5:9 aspect ratio to the previous 20:9 on my S20 FE 5G 😄

Since you mentioned it! Yeah! A54 has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen! A wider display!

That is another solid reason why A54 is a good phone!
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Anyway, I cancelled my previous online order and managed to buy the White color (my initial choice) set from Vi Mobile yesterday. They sell the 128Gb for $405 while the 256Gb is $455. The White A54 is gorgeous 😍

Did a July update, followed by a factory reset to squish out all potential bugs before setting it up. Right off the bat, battery life has been excellent for me. I much prefer this 19.5:9 aspect ratio to the previous 20:9 on my S20 FE 5G 😄

I did the July update and performed a Clear Cache Partition as well! :)
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
I like how snappy it is, almost like a flagship seriously
Not sure if this might make a difference for you.....but try turning off your Ram Plus under your Memory settings and monitor if your cellphone performance feels snappier.

Prior to my A54, when I was using my S20 FE 5G, having Ram Plus turned on slowed down the performance. I noticed my S20 FE 5G became less sluggish after disabling its Ram Plus. Nothing beats real physical Ram, and 8Gb of Ram already serves my daily needs. Since then, I always viewed Ram Plus as phone poison 😆
 

VentrueJack

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
187
Reaction score
98
Not sure if this might make a difference for you.....but try turning off your Ram Plus under your Memory settings and monitor if your cellphone performance feels snappier.

Prior to my A54, when I was using my S20 FE 5G, having Ram Plus turned on slowed down the performance. I noticed my S20 FE 5G became less sluggish after disabling its Ram Plus. Nothing beats real physical Ram, and 8Gb of Ram already serves my daily needs. Since then, I always viewed Ram Plus as phone poison 😆
I just turned it off, will see for now whether it gets even better!
But yeah, I turned on ram plus on my old A52 5g, it did became sluggish as well
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
I agreed!

Turn off the RAM Plus! I did that too and your A54 will become even snappier.

Afterall, we always clear background apps.

The physical 8GB of RAM is more than enough to handle any tasks.

Also, you can assign the Device Care onto the Home Page for easy access for on and off optimization!
 

VentrueJack

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
187
Reaction score
98
I agreed!

Turn off the RAM Plus! I did that too and your A54 will become even snappier.

Afterall, we always clear background apps.

The physical 8GB of RAM is more than enough to handle any tasks.

Also, you can assign the Device Care onto the Home Page for easy access for on and off optimization!
One of the best feature is adaptive framerate display, 60-120
Not like in the past, 60 means 60, 120 = 120
 
Last edited:

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
I always stick to 60 Hz, even on my S20 FE 5G with 120 Hz and Xiaomi Pad 6 with 144 Hz capability. Having longer battery life makes happy me, and I am perfectly fine with living with 60Hz across all my devices including A54 😁

Oh, and I do use battery protection mode that always charges up to 85% only. This helps to extend the lifespan of the batt 🙂
 

VentrueJack

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
187
Reaction score
98
I always stick to 60 Hz, even on my S20 FE 5G with 120 Hz and Xiaomi Pad 6 with 144 Hz capability. Having longer battery life makes happy me, and I am perfectly fine with living with 60Hz across all my devices including A54 😁

Oh, and I do use battery protection mode that always charges up to 85% only. This helps to extend the lifespan of the batt 🙂
I keep it at the adaptive 60-120hz, on idle, phone keeps it at 60hz, so in a way it saves battery already.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top