VentrueJack
Member
- Joined
- Jun 6, 2013
- Messages
- 187
- Reaction score
- 98
Was this A54 a better display? It looks better than my old A52 5G for sure, but both are Super AMOLED technology

Dynamic AMOLED 2X best nowSuper AMOLED also got different grades one.
So,....![]()
You compared it with a tablet that have more than 4x surface area to dissipate heat. Not even near a fair comparison, that would be like comparing a laptop to a desktop.I decided to do a gaming thermal test today on my A54's Exynos 1380, and compared it to my Xiaomi Pad 6's Snapdragon 870 heat management. Game used for testing was Honkai Star Rail from the point of downloading and installation (9Gb) to actual gameplay. I did not use my tpu case for both devices so that I can have a good grasp of their thermals.
Exynos 1380 (A54)
Installation: It rapidly got hotter from start, especially at the top half portion for both front and back of the phone. It got so hot to a point that I would advise against using a case.
Gameplay: I let the phone cool down first for an hour before starting up the game. Again, it started heating up rapidly right from the start even before I entered any combat. Note that I preset my graphical settings to Low/Medium. This is less hot than the installation, but still discouraged me from thinking of using a case, or even to play the game with an ease of mind.
Snapdragon 870 (Xiaomi Pad 6)
Installation: It only ever got slightly warm.
Gameplay: Graphical settings were on High. I only started to feel the first bit of warmth at the lower half of the tablet after 7 mins of gameplay. And it pretty much remained like that for the rest of my gameplay. I would totally be comfy to use a case and game with an ease of mind.
My thoughts
Exynos 1380 has subpar thermals for gaming to me in this instance, especially when compared to a much older performance SoC like Snapdragon 870. BUT....this could also be because Honkai Star Rail is not optimized for the Exynos 1380?
In fact, I personally think that the entire 5nm line might be cursed by less than desirable thermals. Think Google Tensor and Mediatek's Dimensity 8100, both of which are of the same 5nm gen. My previous experience with the Realme GT Neo 3's Dimensity 8100 was worse than Exynos 1380 based on just thermals alone --- the former got soooo hot that I couldn't even touch the device at one point.
For now, I would likely just play my match 3 puzzle type of games on my A54. And I still think it is the most gorgeous looking Samsung cellphone I ever had, love it! Above is just my personal thermal experience and two cents' worth![]()
That crossed my mind as well when I did the test. So I kept feeling all parts of my tablet throughout. However, the warmth only seemed to be concentrated on a certain area of the tablet, instead of feeling the warmth evenly distributed across the entire surface area. Of coz, this wasn't a professional test carried out with a temperature reader, just an average consumer's user experienceYou compared it with a tablet that have more than 4x surface area to dissipate heat. Not even near a fair comparison, that would be like comparing a laptop to a desktop.
Main source of heat is usually from the chipset and screen, the back cover which is often aluminum act as a heatsink in mobile devices as well. All in all, its ok to treat it as user experience, but to compare chipset performance is totally wrong this way.That crossed my mind as well when I did the test. So I kept feeling all parts of my tablet throughout. However, the warmth only seemed to be concentrated on a certain area of the tablet, instead of feeling the warmth evenly distributed across the entire surface area. Of coz, this wasn't a professional test carried out with a temperature reader, just an average consumer's user experience![]()
I put the new improved 1000 nits max display to test today under direct sunlight. The display is significantly clearer and better than my S20 FE 5G, thumbs up for A54Was this A54 a better display? It looks better than my old A52 5G for sure, but both are Super AMOLED technology
I didn't compare the performance at all. I was focusing on the thermals only during the gameplay as a typical user. I specified the lower graphical presets for A54 just to clarify that I wasn't pushing the chipset that hard to generate the heat that fast. It would be plain silly to compare the performance between a mid range SoC to a flagship SoC.Main source of heat is usually from the chipset and screen, the back cover which is often aluminum act as a heatsink in mobile devices as well. All in all, its ok to treat it as user experience, but to compare chipset performance is totally wrong this way.
thermal itself is highly co-related to performance and vice versa. Flagship chip will perform worse than budget chip if there is no thermal management. You can't talk about one and ignore the other completely. Im not saying which is better, but its wrong in so many way to compare performance or thermal between a tablet and phone.I didn't compare the performance at all. I was focusing on the thermals only during the gameplay as a typical user. I specified the lower graphical presets for A54 just to clarify that I wasn't pushing the chipset that hard to generate the heat that fast. It would be plain silly to compare the performance between a mid range SoC to a flagship SoC.
Like I said, I am just a typical end user, not a professional one to have to talk about the technical specifics, and neither am I obligated to do so. I am merely sharing what I experienced hands on as a typical end user, the A54 got hot very fast for my hands during that game, simple as that.thermal itself is highly co-related to performance and vice versa. Flagship chip will perform worse than budget chip if there is no thermal management. You can't talk about one and ignore the other completely. Im not saying which is better, but its wrong in so many way to compare performance or thermal between a tablet and phone.
you all received the buds2 Liao?
seems that shipment coming in late once again
Awesome in producing heatYa! ES 1380 chip is really awesome!

Okay for me. I'm insensitive to heat!Awesome in producing heat![]()
When was your submission for the redemption?I got mine on 24/7 le.
Submitted 10/5. Approved only on 23/5 after I submitted the missing docs. They tried to deliver on 16/7 but I wasnt in and i reacheduled to 24/7.When was your submission for the redemption?
Mine was submitted 27 May.