Samsung Note II LTE problem and issue

stevejobs

Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
272
Reaction score
0
There is this cool feature when you put the Note 2 on standby, then bring your palm to the top to shade the sensor (blue LED blinks) and the top of the screen glows and some info on missed calls and emails, and % charge, is shown. Try it!

TS - you not referring to this glowing right? Because sometimes when I leave the Note 2 on the table and the light changes, the glow comes on on its own. I thought it's quite cool that it attracts attention this way.

Like that put inside pocket mmsi titi on?
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
I can confirm power savings mode makes the screen flicker only at high brightness.
 

ant0800

Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2001
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Was told my SGS3 on ICS so cannot move apps to SD card... SGN2 on JB... can move the apps from phone to SD card? asking as considering changing to SGN2...
 

Jane2

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2001
Messages
551
Reaction score
10
anyone with slight problem with the backspace key in qwerty keyboard mode? Sometimes when i type, the backspace doesnt seems to be responding. Hv to presss few times.
 

imonkey

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
FML... after replace new set on saturday, my 2nd n2 keep restarting after 2 day used.
Went to samsung CS, told me the firmware problem, and then waited 1 hour, and told me the main board has faulty!!! WTF...:eek::eek::eek:
1st set used 1 day then changed 2nd unit and used for 2 days and face rebooting issue. I asked the CS what the QA from samsung? they cant answer as expected, i told them if the phone has problem again with in this 3 days, please refund my money as i have alot hassle to reinstall the apps again and again, and my data not the latest, lost recent data. If they do not take proper arrangement/action again, i will file a report to CASE, Lemon Law kick in.
BTW i showed the CS about the power saving mode causing the screen flicking, they do witness the problem, as expected, they said will look into this issue.

Samsung, please do proper QA please!:(:(:(
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
FML... after replace new set on saturday, my 2nd n2 keep restarting after 2 day used.
Went to samsung CS, told me the firmware problem, and then waited 1 hour, and told me the main board has faulty!!! WTF...:eek::eek::eek:
1st set used 1 day then changed 2nd unit and used for 2 days and face rebooting issue. I asked the CS what the QA from samsung? they cant answer as expected, i told them if the phone has problem again with in this 3 days, please refund my money as i have alot hassle to reinstall the apps again and again, and my data not the latest, lost recent data. If they do not take proper arrangement/action again, i will file a report to CASE, Lemon Law kick in.
BTW i showed the CS about the power saving mode causing the screen flicking, they do witness the problem, as expected, they said will look into this issue.

Samsung, please do proper QA please!:(:(:(

Eh, can I ask the purpose of using power saving mode with full brightness? I know you have the rights and all to ask for a perfect product, but the way AMOLED refresh rates work, I think it's supposed to be that way if you max out brightness. If you using normally without power savings mode, and it flickers at full brightness, there is definitely a problem with your set. But when you are in power savings mode where the phone will try to save every bit of juice, and for some reason you set to full brightness and it flickers, I personally think it's a hardware setting that causes the flicker due to refresh rate, and not a phone issue already.

Not sure if it's an issue that can be resolved easily by Samsung, I suggest that you avoid using full brightness in power savings mode.
 

aptget

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2001
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
1
any one on M1 and phone not receiving or not ringing when there is an incoming call ??
 

Jane2

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2001
Messages
551
Reaction score
10
anyone had prob connecting it to Kies via USB? I keep getting stuck at the 6GB internal mem. I want to transfer my contacts over from my existing S ..
 

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2000
Messages
43,150
Reaction score
43
Eh, can I ask the purpose of using power saving mode with full brightness? I know you have the rights and all to ask for a perfect product, but the way AMOLED refresh rates work, I think it's supposed to be that way if you max out brightness. If you using normally without power savings mode, and it flickers at full brightness, there is definitely a problem with your set. But when you are in power savings mode where the phone will try to save every bit of juice, and for some reason you set to full brightness and it flickers, I personally think it's a hardware setting that causes the flicker due to refresh rate, and not a phone issue already.

Not sure if it's an issue that can be resolved easily by Samsung, I suggest that you avoid using full brightness in power savings mode.
I think you're missing the main point in his post, and focusing too much on a simple BTW.

You may love it to bits right now, but be objective please. And no, it's not supposed to flicker on power saving mode, as on their previously released models, so don't try to spin it that way, mod. :(
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
I think you're missing the main point in his post, and focusing too much on a simple BTW.

You may love it to bits right now, but be objective please. And no, it's not supposed to flicker on power saving mode, as on their previously released models, so don't try to spin it that way, mod. :(

I dunno, I just saying what I see so far. I gonna go borrow other Note II to see if it's flickering at full brightness in power saving mode. I just hope it's something that can be solved via firmware.
 

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2000
Messages
43,150
Reaction score
43
I dunno, I just saying what I see so far. I gonna go borrow other Note II to see if it's flickering at full brightness in power saving mode. I just hope it's something that can be solved via firmware.
Most probably a firmware issue. I read about it for some S3 users before, they mentioned it wasn't present on some firmwares.

And it never happened for Note 1 and S2, so, not an excuse.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Most probably a firmware issue. I read about it for some S3 users before, they mentioned it wasn't present on some firmwares.

And it never happened for Note 1 and S2, so, not an excuse.

Huh? It wasn't normal for a S2? My S2 had that issue... :s22: Never flicker at full brightness in normal mode so I bochup, thought it was a AMOLED thing. :s13:
 

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2000
Messages
43,150
Reaction score
43
Huh? It wasn't normal for a S2? My S2 had that issue... :s22: Never flicker at full brightness in normal mode so I bochup, thought it was a AMOLED thing. :s13:
Nope, never happened when I was using a S2. :)
 

sinsevil

Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
255
Reaction score
0
My screen on the left side around centre area are unsensitive as i have to press a few times to open my folder. Any bros here have this problems?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top