SCB SingPost/Spree Card

denial86

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
8,528
Reaction score
0
Best, I secured mail ask them why my cashback don't tally with the amount I calculated. I had like 7 online transactions and 1 offline. CSO still can tell me that asides from the offline transaction (the transaction details were listed out), everything else got 7% which means my cashback amount is correct.

I blur leh, thought I count wrongly so count 2 more times. No leh really is short of $9.70 which would make sense if my $194 qoo10 transaction only got 2% instead of 7%.

Have asked CSO to check again. Zzz.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Best, I secured mail ask them why my cashback don't tally with the amount I calculated. I had like 7 online transactions and 1 offline. CSO still can tell me that asides from the offline transaction (the transaction details were listed out), everything else got 7% which means my cashback amount is correct.

I blur leh, thought I count wrongly so count 2 more times. No leh really is short of $9.70 which would make sense if my $194 qoo10 transaction only got 2% instead of 7%.

Have asked CSO to check again. Zzz.

Lol guess have to give and take. Sometimes better to have blur CSO, easier to smoke them.
 

yoongmy

Banned
Joined
Oct 27, 2009
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Replied from IB, CSO mentioned only one time manual credit.
It seem ST bill changed code recently and not category as Online.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Called as one of my transaction fell on the cut off date and they credit back to me on goodwill.
Thank you CSO!
 

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,239
Reaction score
853
I called in and gotten the 7% for both Singtel and Starhub. The adjustment was reflected 2 days later. :)

Have been calling in past few months. Have to be patient when explaining to the CSO...some of them may genuninely not know the issue or pretend not to know :s13:

My statement date is 23 May.

Explain what to the CSO? What did u said?

CSO replied to my mail, stating that both cathay (movie) online ticket payment and starhub are 0.2%.
 

vince123123

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
2
I never quite understand how do banks read these supposed codes and whether it is really objective and not dependent on interpretation as they try to make it out to be. For example, HSBC views ST Bill as online whilst from this thread, SCB does not. If it is really an "objective online indicator code", why different banks read it differently? That suggests that there is some measure of subjective interpretation and therefore inconsistency between banks. Unfortunately with the whole system being opaque to customers, we may not know better other than through trial and error.

Replied from IB, CSO mentioned only one time manual credit.
It seem ST bill changed code recently and not category as Online.
 

james9195

Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
283
Reaction score
12
Explain what to the CSO? What did u said?

CSO replied to my mail, stating that both cathay (movie) online ticket payment and starhub are 0.2%.

Just said my transactions are made online and with OTP. They nvr say out of goodwill or onetime.

I think it also depends on the CSO you speak to. For some of other HWZ folks, they said the CSO on the phone reject or say credited based on goodwill. But in my case, was smoother didnt even say is out of goodwill. Guess if one CSO say no, just call again and get another CSO.

But this singpost card really haywire, nowadays so uncertain whether each online purchase will get 7%...even my foodpanda transaction in a previous month got 0.2% cashback, but i got it reinstated to 7% after calling in.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top