SIMBA Fibre Broadband

luei74

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
28,975
Reaction score
6,970
Did you signed up? I just got it just now. Seems only tampines, pasir ris, loyang and simei areas are ready. Even the block at changi village is ready to go.

Bedok, sengkang, punggol no go
No wonder Punggol no sounds 😔😔
 

TanSG

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2001
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
893
Spare Nlt port means what? Must have 2 fiber termination boxes?
NLT port (Netlink Trust port) = The 2 ports at your Fibre Termnation Point (FTP)

Each of these ports will be activated and connected via a short run of fibre cable to either an ONT or ONR when your sign up with your fibre broadband ISP

The second port of the FTP will be activated and use to connect to your second ONT/ONR (provided by your new ISP) when you sign up for a second fibre broadband with this new ISP

“Spare NLT port” means at least one of your 2 ports must be currently unused (ie you must currently not have more than one fibre broadband ISP)
 

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
23,873
Reaction score
10,631
Has anyone heard anything on the availability of digital voice line add-on or perhaps bundled with the fibre broadband?
 

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2000
Messages
8,787
Reaction score
2,734
For those in the east and eligible and thinking of being a guinea pig, here's the total upfront cost.

apHPnZg.jpeg
 

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2000
Messages
8,787
Reaction score
2,734
Dunno why they make it so chor to be a guinea pig.

how come need 3 months deposit

why need to pay so much to do trial for simba ?

what are the benefits?

What's the purpose of deposit? Scare you run away? :ROFLMAO:

Walao the 3x deposits ish reaLEE 🙄🙄
The 3 months deposit is what is making me hold back at the moment although it's refundable. I guess that they learn from their free trial of the mobile services years ago where the uptake of free trial subscribers doesn't equate to paid subscribers.

The NLT and ONT charges are expected can't escape from that. The quarterly billing maybe easier for their accounting purposes perhaps? And the gst to be increase soon

As always early adopters has it ups and down. I'm still mulling over this. My m1 fbb is not under contract so if I do take this up I'll be paying for 2 services.

I'm also interested to see who here have taken up the offer but then not all reside in the east.

Maybe bite the bullet?
 

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
23,873
Reaction score
10,631
The 3 months deposit is what is making me hold back at the moment although it's refundable. I guess that they learn from their free trial of the mobile services years ago where the uptake of free trial subscribers doesn't equate to paid subscribers.

The NLT and ONT charges are expected can't escape from that. The quarterly billing maybe easier for their accounting purposes perhaps? And the gst to be increase soon

As always early adopters has it ups and down. I'm still mulling over this. My m1 fbb is not under contract so if I do take this up I'll be paying for 2 services.

I'm also interested to see who here have taken up the offer but then not all reside in the east.

Maybe bite the bullet?
Since ONT is the only "real" cost here, I'm just on the fence due to no digital home line bundled in or offered as an add on at this point.
 

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2000
Messages
8,787
Reaction score
2,734
Does the three month deposit means that there must be three months notice for cancellation?
30 days notice before the end of the 12 month contract. If decide to continue then that 3 months deposit will become your 5th quarterly payment.
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
Did you signed up? I just got it just now. Seems only tampines, pasir ris, loyang and simei areas are ready. Even the block at changi village is ready to go.

Bedok, sengkang, punggol no go
I am surprised to read this. Bedok, Sengkang and Punggol why not ready yet?
 

sky1978

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
745
Reaction score
457

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,542
Reaction score
7,668
The 3 months deposit is what is making me hold back at the moment although it's refundable. I guess that they learn from their free trial of the mobile services years ago where the uptake of free trial subscribers doesn't equate to paid subscribers.

The NLT and ONT charges are expected can't escape from that. The quarterly billing maybe easier for their accounting purposes perhaps? And the gst to be increase soon

As always early adopters has it ups and down. I'm still mulling over this. My m1 fbb is not under contract so if I do take this up I'll be paying for 2 services.

I'm also interested to see who here have taken up the offer but then not all reside in the east.

Maybe bite the bullet?
$60 is like 18 caipng
 

cyberet

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2001
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
329
how come need 3 months deposit

What's the purpose of deposit? Scare you run away? :ROFLMAO:

If I'm not wrong, its probably due to netlink trust. There should be a minimum "contract" period required by NLT for Simba to activate the link to your FTP.

There was such a practice at the start of opennet (now NLT) many years ago,
 

goalshot

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
63
Reaction score
3
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top