
Your wired network adapter supports more than 1Gbps?Simba came and install, but I only got speed of up to 1.1gbps (wired)... I'm in jurong west, does it make a difference where one stays? Very disappointed with the speed... WiFi only 200mbps dl using tplink archer ax50
Same here, I got less than 200 on my tplink archer ax50... could it be because of location? The tech did mention that it's because I'm in jurongmy viewquest 1gbp gets about 650-700 mbps , I'm using asus RT-AX88U. Now with simba I'm getting 200-300 nia....
Read HWZ Forum Rules!
The technician tested it on his equipment... but isn't that what we should expect?
Simba came and install, but I only got speed of up to 1.1gbps (wired)... I'm in jurong west, does it make a difference where one stays? Very disappointed with the speed... WiFi only 200mbps dl using tplink archer ax50
Same here, I got less than 200 on my tplink archer ax50... could it be because of location? The tech did mention that it's because I'm in jurong
how about this S$50 rmb 249 yuan xiaomi wi-fi 7 router be3600, how to tell no wi-fi 6? thank you
is 2.5G version
Xiaomi BE3600 -- more suitable as a mesh node with Xiaomi BE6500 Pro or Xiaomi BE7000 as the main router.
Xiaomi BE3600:
Qualcomm IPQ5312 Quad Core A53 1.1GHz, 256MB RAM, 128MB Flash, Single 2.5G port
Youtube review by Chinese reviewer 知电晓春哥
Wow! The way you guys described it, it seems like Whizcomms is more wuhua- same price point but with bigger real world bandwidth.
Simba really min yu sao di. How is Simba going to salvage the situation? I know it - just do another name change makeover and sweep the past under its carpet. Lol!
Internet connection isn't just about bandwidth.
If you ever played online games on a Singtel connection
(or have friends who does)
, you might have found they will get random ping spikes or bad ping to local server or even HK servers.
Not unheard of for them to get 40ms for local servers and 200ms for HK servers
That said, dunno how well Simba does in this regard so i reserve judgement on them. But i can definitively say singtel is a
no go
if you play games.
The wired speed from the tech's equipment showed 1.1gbpsTP-Link Archer AX50 has only 1Gbps WAN port, so basically you are using SIMBA 2.5Gbps plan as an 1Gbps plan.
Have you tested the wired speed in this case? Did you get 900Mbps+ from the wired test?
As mentioned earlier, wireless issue reported seem to be tricky -- the issue may well be SIMBA backend, but I am not so sure how to prove that if the wired speed is okay. Maybe the experts can chime in to see how to do that.
How to tell if wired speed test result is okay?
1) about 1.8Gbps with dual 2.5G capable router and 2.5G capable PC connected to the router 2.5G LAN port
2) about 1.8Gbps with 2.5G capable PC directly connected to ONT
If got no 2.5G capable router and PC, at least to test it as a normal 1Gbps plan.
1) > 900Mbps with 1Gbps capable PC connected to the router gigabit LAN port
2) > 900Mbps with 1Gbps capable PC directly connected to the ONT
I've configured it the channel width to 160, and that's the best u can get, about 200mbps... which is just slightly better than my previous m1 1GbpsHave you checked if your existing router supports 160mhz channel bonding? Many routers do not enable the 160mhz by default, so you need to play around with the router settings. I have an old HW AX3 Pro at my parents' house, without 160mhz, my Poco F5 can only do 600mbps, with 160mhz enabled, the speed can go up to 900+mbps which is close to the 1Gbps plan limit. As for the phones, those sold in 2023 should have some network acceleration option where it allows combining both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands at the same time.
I think it is worth giving SIMBA some more time to prove it. It takes time to improve the services (including tuning the backend).
Case in point: SIMBA mobile service seems to get much better now from the reports, at least matching its pricing.
The wired speed from the tech's equipment showed 1.1gbps
Perhaps SIMBA should consider sponsoring their own test server. This was the recommendation from Ookla Speedtest themselves.
https://support.ookla.com/hc/en-us/...-What-are-the-benefits-of-sponsoring-a-server
Quote
Reduce Network Congestion
Many ISPs have peering agreements with other ISPs. If you don't have a Speedtest.net server it means your customers may be leaving your network and taking tests with rival ISPs. This can cause network congestion at internet exchanges which can be alleviated by keeping Speedtest.net traffic on your network by sponsoring a server.
Unquote
It will be up to them whether to allocate 10Gbps or 100Gbps bandwidth for testing purposes.
yup, one of the reasons why i left ST because of their bad routing to game servers.Internet connection isn't just about bandwidth.
If you ever played online games on a Singtel connection (or have friends who does), you might have found they will get random ping spikes or bad ping to local server or even HK servers.
Not unheard of for them to get 40ms for local servers and 200ms for HK servers
That said, dunno how well Simba does in this regard so i reserve judgement on them. But i can definitively say singtel is a no go if you play games.

I've configured it the channel width to 160, and that's the best u can get, about 200mbps... which is just slightly better than my previous m1 1Gbps