Singpass App on Custom ROMs

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
Not Adaway, but Adguard4Magisk module, I disabled it though while using Shamiko and unmount injector, and I still get a blank page.

I recall there is a time where those adblock apps via root will modify the hosts file directly, instead of using systemless hosts because it was possible at those time without getting detected. It could be your system hosts is already modified but with recent updates, a systemless hosts is used while not restoring the system hosts to its original state.

To confirm, go to recovery, mount system, and browse to /system/etc/hosts to check. If it doesn't exist, try /system_root/system/etc/hosts
The system hosts should be something like
Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

If it isn't like that but instead a super duper long list of ip address, then you have to restore the file to its original state.
https://xdaforums.com/t/editing-host-file.4345167/
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
I recall there is a time where those adblock apps via root will modify the hosts file directly, instead of using systemless hosts because it was possible at those time without getting detected. It could be your system hosts is already modified but with recent updates, a systemless hosts is used while not restoring the system hosts to its original state.

To confirm, go to recovery, mount system, and browse to /system/etc/hosts to check. If it doesn't exist, try /system_root/system/etc/hosts
The system hosts should be something like
Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

If it isn't like that but instead a super duper long list of ip address, then you have to restore the file to its original state.
https://xdaforums.com/t/editing-host-file.4345167/
Thanks bro, checked and it is like below. I guess it is not being modified yet?

Code:
127.0.0.1       localhost
::1             ip6-localhost
 

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
Thanks bro, checked and it is like below. I guess it is not being modified yet?

Code:
127.0.0.1       localhost
::1             ip6-localhost

Erm.
Use a file manager with root access to see if system/etc/hosts is loaded systemless hosts.

AFAIK, Firefox ignore hosts file on default unless explicitly set otherwise so that is the only reason I can think of when your firefox work but chrome doesn't.
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
Erm.
Use a file manager with root access to see if system/etc/hosts is loaded systemless hosts.

AFAIK, Firefox ignore hosts file on default unless explicitly set otherwise so that is the only reason I can think of when your firefox work but chrome doesn't.
How to check the hosts file is loaded systemless? I was using MiXplorer to view the content of the hosts file.
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
There is a non-zygisk, non-magisk, non-ksu solution which is to flash to use different fingerprint.

Download this zip
https://github.com/luk1337/ih8sn

Modify ih8sn.conf in the zip to use this
Code:
BUILD_FINGERPRINT=google/bullhead/bullhead:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/4283548:user/release-keys
BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
BUILD_TYPE=user
DEBUGGABLE=0
PRODUCT_NAME=bullhead

Then flash the zip via recovery

Bullhead is a legacy device so unless they drop bullhead, I think they will not ban the fingerprint.
it seems like PlayIntegrityFix v13.1 is using this. Anyone tried? Should I remove all Zygisk modules after installing PIF v13.1?
 
Last edited:

Jerry91

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
19
Reaction score
10
There is a non-zygisk, non-magisk, non-ksu solution which is to flash to use different fingerprint.

Download this zip
...

Modify ih8sn.conf in the zip to use this
Code:
BUILD_FINGERPRINT=google/bullhead/bullhead:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/4283548:user/release-keys
BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
BUILD_TYPE=user
DEBUGGABLE=0
PRODUCT_NAME=bullhead

Then flash the zip via recovery

Bullhead is a legacy device so unless they drop bullhead, I think they will not ban the fingerprint.
All the custom ROMs right now are giving me headache on my POCO F5.

If I may ask, does this work with MIUI Global ROM to pass CTS Profile? I just tried it and it doesnt seem to work.

I then tried ZygiskNext and PlayIntegrityFix and it works to pass CTS Profile but ksu_unmount_modules doesnt seem to work for SingPass for me.
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
All the custom ROMs right now are giving me headache on my POCO F5.

If I may ask, does this work with MIUI Global ROM to pass CTS Profile? I just tried it and it doesnt seem to work.

I then tried ZygiskNext and PlayIntegrityFix and it works to pass CTS Profile but ksu_unmount_modules doesnt seem to work for SingPass for me.
It's not the built-in KSU unmount module but a separate unmount injector module that you have to install. Download it from the link below.

https://github.com/HuskyDG/ksu_unmount_injector
 

Jerry91

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
19
Reaction score
10
It's not the built-in KSU unmount module but a separate unmount injector module that you have to install. Download it from the link below.

[link]
yes, this is the module I have installed and with the default built-in unmount disabled.

EDIT: ok i know why it's not working as it's for kernels < 5.9, meanwhile mine is 5.10.199
 
Last edited:

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
All the custom ROMs right now are giving me headache on my POCO F5.

If I may ask, does this work with MIUI Global ROM to pass CTS Profile? I just tried it and it doesnt seem to work.

I then tried ZygiskNext and PlayIntegrityFix and it works to pass CTS Profile but ksu_unmount_modules doesnt seem to work for SingPass for me.
Fingerprint doesn't seem to work with MIUI rom, I heard because they function differently from mainstream.
Zygisk get detected by Singpass.
 

Jerry91

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
19
Reaction score
10
Fingerprint doesn't seem to work with MIUI rom, I heard because they function differently from mainstream.
Zygisk get detected by Singpass.
Thank you for the details! Also, I suppose MIUI has a failsafe to the system partition as the scripts are gone even after using the push.sh method to install and verifying the file exist in recovery.

Looks like I can only choose to either use GPay or Singpass for now.
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
Thank you for the details! Also, I suppose MIUI has a failsafe to the system partition as the scripts are gone even after using the push.sh method to install and verifying the file exist in recovery.

Looks like I can only choose to either use GPay or Singpass for now.
you mean Xiaomi.eu?
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
according to user xcl1pse at XDA, the working solution for Singpass app is:
Just need something to hide the manager like HMA
I've asked xcl1pse to join in this discussion but it seems like a no.
I'm on KSU now. Anyone on Magisk can give it a try?
 

highdiver_2000

Master Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
2,534
Reaction score
178
Singpass working on the following. Nothing fancy

PixelOS
Standard Magisk
PIF module
Shamiko module
Disable "Enforce DenyList"
Enable MagiskHide
Put Wallet, Singapass, UOB, POSB, Grab, Zig on the DenyList.

I use HMA for Trust

Back to using paywave

Currently broken is HSBC and Citibank. I don't use HSBC and I think I can move Citibank to another phone.
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
Singpass working on the following. Nothing fancy

PixelOS
Standard Magisk
PIF module
Shamiko module
Disable "Enforce DenyList"
Enable MagiskHide
Put Wallet, Singapass, UOB, POSB, Grab, Zig on the DenyList.

Back to using paywave
What do you mean by "standard Magisk" + " MagiskHide"? I though topjohnwu removed MagiskHide a long time ago?

my Singpass doesn't work, although GPay/Wallet, DBS, OCBC, Paylah, McDonald's are ok:
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Global (joyeuse)
  • MIUI Global 14.0.3 Stable (Android 12)
  • GPay 200.1.1
  • KernelSU 11366
  • Play Integrity Fix 13.8
  • ZygiskNext 4-0.8.1
  • KernelSU Unmount modules 1.11.2
  • Process Monitor Tool 2.3
  • LSposed (Zygisk) 1.9.2
I'm confused because there seems to be mixed results with Singpass app.
For my case, I also use Swift Backup to restore many apps, probably it triggered Singpass error T0, but I'm too lazy to uninstall & reinstall from Google Play Store manually.
 
Last edited:

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,645
Reaction score
7,353
What do you mean by "standard Magisk" + " MagiskHide"? I though topjohnwu removed MagiskHide a long time ago?

my Singpass doesn't work, although GPay/Wallet, DBS, OCBC, Paylah, McDonald's are ok:
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Global (joyeuse)
  • MIUI Global 14.0.3 Stable (Android 12)
  • GPay 200.1.1
  • KernelSU 11366
  • Play Integrity Fix 13.8
  • ZygiskNext 4-0.8.1
  • KernelSU Unmount modules 1.11.2
  • Process Monitor Tool 2.3
  • LSposed (Zygisk) 1.9.2
I'm confused because there seems to be mixed results with Singpass app.
For my case, I also use Swift Backup to restore many apps, probably it triggered Singpass error T0, but I'm too lazy to uninstall & reinstall from Google Play Store manually.
It's a choice between Singpass or Macs. Remove ZygiskNext and the former should pass.
If Momo can detect ZygiskNext, so can Singpass.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top