Singpass App on Custom ROMs

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
From what I saw, only this kernel seems to fit your bill of MIUI

https://github.com/clarencelol/kernel_xiaomi_sm6250/releases
my GPay suddenly stopped working again even with PlayIntegrityFix 13.0. After poking around, my phone became soft bricked (auto reboot a few mins after boot complete).
So I took the chance to wipe data (factory reset), flashed kinesis Kernel r2.1, restored apps using SwiftBackup.
I'm new to this KSU thing, and I don't know how to make backing apps and GPay works with this KSU.
Is there any guide somewhere regarding this?
Also, can I still install Magisk modules? LSposed & modules?
 

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
my GPay suddenly stopped working again even with PlayIntegrityFix 13.0. After poking around, my phone became soft bricked (auto reboot a few mins after boot complete).
So I took the chance to wipe data (factory reset), flashed kinesis Kernel r2.1, restored apps using SwiftBackup.
I'm new to this KSU thing, and I don't know how to make backing apps and GPay works with this KSU.
Is there any guide somewhere regarding this?
Also, can I still install Magisk modules? LSposed & modules?

Google is pretty much banning custom rom safety fixes, very sad indeed.
ATM, with KSU, you need to use ZygiskNext plus PlayIntegrityFix, it won't work without Zygisk but if you use Zygisk, singpass and paylah will detect it even with Shamiko. Play Integrity Fix also doesn't seem to work for all phones, at least the author say it doesn't work for Xiaomi.EU.

But of course, is not hard to disable zygisks and whatever through the manager then reboot to use singpass and paylah.
 
Last edited:

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
so what's the advantage of KSU?

Before google start messing around with play integrity
You can use KSU without Zygisk but still have rooting capability while able to use all your singpass and bank apps.
But because google start messing around with play integrity and the fix module only work for zygisk, you don't have choice.
 

IOKNEE

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
thanks for the situation update.
maybe i'll stick around with custom kernel + KSU for a while, hoping that there's another workaround for playintegrty.
 

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
thanks for the situation update.
maybe i'll stick around with custom kernel + KSU for a while, hoping that there's another workaround for playintegrty.

There is a non-zygisk, non-magisk, non-ksu solution which is to flash to use different fingerprint.

Download this zip
https://github.com/luk1337/ih8sn

Modify ih8sn.conf in the zip to use this
Code:
BUILD_FINGERPRINT=google/bullhead/bullhead:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/4283548:user/release-keys
BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
BUILD_TYPE=user
DEBUGGABLE=0
PRODUCT_NAME=bullhead

Then flash the zip via recovery

Bullhead is a legacy device so unless they drop bullhead, I think they will not ban the fingerprint.

Edit: Doesn't work for MIUI or MIUI.EU rom
 
Last edited:

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
There is a non-zygisk, non-magisk, non-ksu solution which is to flash to use different fingerprint.

Download this zip
https://github.com/luk1337/ih8sn

Modify ih8sn.conf in the zip to use this
Code:
BUILD_FINGERPRINT=google/bullhead/bullhead:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/4283548:user/release-keys
BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
BUILD_TYPE=user
DEBUGGABLE=0
PRODUCT_NAME=bullhead

Then flash the zip via recovery

Bullhead is a legacy device so unless they drop bullhead, I think they will not ban the fingerprint.
By using this, will Google Pay work without PlayIntegrityFix? Thanks.

Update: After patched with ih8sn-armv7a, Google Pay still didn't work on my Mi 13 Ultra with Pixel Experience Plus OS.
 
Last edited:

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
Before google start messing around with play integrity
You can use KSU without Zygisk but still have rooting capability while able to use all your singpass and bank apps.
But because google start messing around with play integrity and the fix module only work for zygisk, you don't have choice.
And Singpass refused to work as long as there are modules installed in KSU. Surprisingly though, after I deactivate all the modules, including PlayIntegrityFix, Google Pay / Wallet continue working without issue.

I found that as long as if Wallet is already setup, even after I disabled the Zygisk-Next and PlayIntegrityFix, Wallet will keep working.
 
Last edited:

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
By using this, will Google Pay work without PlayIntegrityFix? Thanks.

Update: After patched with ih8sn-armv7a, Google Pay still didn't work on my Mi 13 Ultra with Pixel Experience Plus OS.

You suppose to be using aarch64, armv7a is for older device. You can use CPU-Z app and check under system to clarify your device architecture.
Also, make sure to change the ih8sn.conf in the original zip with the new bullhead signature.
 

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
Thanks, it works! But the side effect is I can't browse any websites, they are just showing blank page, same issue when I installed Shamiko. Any idea how to fix this issue?
What modules did you installed? Did you previously use adaway?
 

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,645
Reaction score
7,353
Not Adaway, but Adguard4Magisk module, I disabled it though while using Shamiko and unmount injector, and I still get a blank page.
Blank page using inbuilt Chrome browser? Or Webview?

I can think of 2 workarounds
1) try private DNS, maybe Cloudflare, Adguard, NextDNS defaults
2) try a 3rd-party browser like Mull, Kiwi, Firefox, Brave, etc
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
Blank page using inbuilt Chrome browser? Or Webview?

I can think of 2 workarounds
1) try private DNS, maybe Cloudflare, Adguard, NextDNS defaults
2) try a 3rd-party browser like Mull, Kiwi, Firefox, Brave, etc
Thanks bro.

Followed your workarounds.
1. I am using 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com as my private DNS - same issue.
2. And I am using Brave as my default browser, with 1.1.1.1 as a secure DNS, turning this off doesn't make any diff.

Tried Chrome, webview - same issue

Firefox and Mull are working fine. Kiwi's not.

Shall I just use Mull or Firefox? But I am so used to Brave. :unsure:
 

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,645
Reaction score
7,353
Thanks bro.

Followed your workarounds.
1. I am using 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com as my private DNS - same issue.
2. And I am using Brave as my default browser, with 1.1.1.1 as a secure DNS, turning this off doesn't make any diff.

Tried Chrome, webview - same issue

Firefox and Mull are working fine. Kiwi's not.

Shall I just use Mull or Firefox? But I am so used to Brave. :unsure:
Or perhaps you can install the injector only when you need to use it, and leave it disabled or uninstalled for the rest of the time?

Strange though, what's in the Chromium sauce that's being affected while the Gecko engine isn't?
 

vibranze

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
274
Or perhaps you can install the injector only when you need to use it, and leave it disabled or uninstalled for the rest of the time?

Strange though, what's in the Chromium sauce that's being affected while the Gecko engine isn't?
Yeah, that was my plan until you introduced me a Mull browser hehe, maybe I will just leave it enabled so don't need to reboot when I want to use Singpass. Do you know any screenshot app that can take a screenshot within Singpass app? Thanks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top