Singtel 3G very slow

DoAsInfinity

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
666
Reaction score
13
I think we need a new consolidated thread for 3g speedtest results for users to compare...

-Service provider
-location
-speed
-indoor / outdoor
- and probably apn settings

of course the results varies... but it'll be a rough guide..
 

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
11,254
Reaction score
4
okwqdg.jpg


okay even though i'm not getting my desired 7.2mbps it's okay.

Currently in Jurong West.. will go back home to Bedok.
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,275
Reaction score
209
I'm using this:

APN: e-ideas
username: 65ideas
password: 65ideas

but when I change to this, there's seems to be some marginal improvements:
APN: internet
username: 65IDEAS
password: IDEAS

I might be dreaming or maybe psychological.....dunno

Ran a couple of speedtest and in enclosed office, am getting 0.7-1.4mbps compared to 0.0xmbps before
 
Last edited:

Jacky2000

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2000
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
1
Area: Ang mo kio st 65
Speedtest: 0.3 Mbps to none most of the time
Called and complained, they say will ask network team to come down to do a coverage test and revert back to me in 3-4 days time.....
 

Xenoearth

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
741
Reaction score
0
20f388b2.jpg


Hi all, I have changed my APN settings as first reported by avalondigo and my results are posts above.

Do take note that the last entry on the list was done with the default APN settings and those that are abnormally low were performed in the lift. All tests performed at my desk consistently scores 700 kB/s and above.
 
Last edited:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,275
Reaction score
209
Area: Ang mo kio st 65
Speedtest: 0.3 Mbps to none most of the time
Called and complained, they say will ask network team to come down to do a coverage test and revert back to me in 3-4 days time.....

Dun bother to wait. They told me the same story and I waited for 2 weeks still no action. In the end, spoke to manager and she agreed to terminate my contract.
 

derikgonzales

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Dun bother to wait. They told me the same story and I waited for 2 weeks still no action. In the end, spoke to manager and she agreed to terminate my contract.

They agreed to terminate the contract and you didnt pay them the penalty? Were you still in the 2 year contract period? I'm contemplating to do this if my issue will not be resolved later when I come down to comm centre.
 

Kijori

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,613
Reaction score
0
just did another series of test using the my old APN settings, here's the result.

41056_431519175237_532750237_4844878_2258851_n.jpg


as you can see, there is no consistency in the download speed as compared to my previous test using the new APN setting.

the latest test location is the same as the previous one.
 

hellojeffo

Senior Member
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
782
Reaction score
0
A very classic answer that doesn't answer or help at all :(, as if I dunno it's shared bandwidth HSDPA and bla bla bla... increase ur bandwidth pipeline pls ST

25 August 2010

Dear Mr Yeoh

Thank you for your email regarding our services.

I would like to inform you that the data access speed or the BroadBand on Mobile service is leveraging on the High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) technology, whereby all subscribers of this service will be sharing a designated bandwidth within an area. If there are more concurrent subscribers using the service in the same area, the access speed will be impacted. Therefore, access speed for the service may not be desirable or compatible to your subscribed plan especially during peak hours. For further enquiries or feedback, please call our hotline at 1688 or +6562351688 from overseas (IDD charges payable.)

If you encounter slow speed you can go to :

Mobile Partner:

- Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > NETWORK

by default network type will show WCDMA preferred try changing it to

WCDMA only

Mobile Connect:

- Go to SETTINGS > CONNECTION TYPE > 3G only

This should help to make the surfing faster.


Thank you for your support and have a pleasant day




Yours sincerely




Michael Hiew
Customer Care - Mobile General Enquiries
Singapore Telecom Mobile Pte Ltd
Company registration number: 199406031E

Disclaimer:

This e-mail and any attachments thereto are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary to the SingTel Group. Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication, or dissemination in any form) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it




_____________________________________________________________________________________________
From:XXXXXXXX@hotmail.com
Sent:Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:18:15 PM
To: g-mrd1626@singtel.com
Subject: Feedback Form


Personal Particulars
-------------------------------------------------

Customer Type: Consumer, Existing
Salutation: Mr
Name: Jeff Yeoh
NRIC/FIN: XXXXXXXXX
Contact Number: 96XXXXXX
Email Address: XXXXXXXX@hotmail.com

Feedback
-------------------------------------------------
Nature of Feedback: Complaints
Commenting On: Mobile / IDEAS
Service Number: 96XXXXXX
Your Comments:
I just re-contracted to the iFlexi value plan on the iPhone 4. However, the internet connection is extremely slow regardless of location. I primarily use it at home in Yishun Central 1, as well as at work in IMM Building. The SingTel 3G signal is showing full signal, however it takes a very long time to load simple webpages, download email, accessing Singtel AMPed, and the Apple AppStore. I also have trouble accessing FaceBook through the iphone app. I am very disappointed with this service, as I have just upgraded hoping to be more productive for my work as well as entertainment. Please do assist in rectifying this matter. Thank You, Regards
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,275
Reaction score
209
They agreed to terminate the contract and you didnt pay them the penalty? Were you still in the 2 year contract period? I'm contemplating to do this if my issue will not be resolved later when I come down to comm centre.

Yes....I signed up for 2 NEW contracts one in June and the other in July.
I was getting 0.0x mbps. They tell me to reset la, etc... and that they will send their network team to check bla, bla....
I waited but nothing happened, Called them after 3 days, Supervisor said waive 6mths but I refused.
Then asked me to call back 1 week later which I did. Still no progress.
So, I told her my conditions: Terminate both contracts with NO penalty and that I need not pay for any usage.
She agreed. End of story....

2 days later, i sign up 2mbps plan.....lol
 
Last edited:

jonsahar

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
just did another series of test using the my old APN settings, here's the result.

41056_431519175237_532750237_4844878_2258851_n.jpg


as you can see, there is no consistency in the download speed as compared to my previous test using the new APN setting.

the latest test location is the same as the previous one.

wah your 3 bars imba leh, my 3 bars cannot even complete latency test! :s13:
 

Kijori

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,613
Reaction score
0
25 August 2010

Dear Mr Yeoh

Thank you for your email regarding our services.

I would like to inform you that the data access speed or the BroadBand on Mobile service is leveraging on the High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) technology, whereby all subscribers of this service will be sharing a designated bandwidth within an area. If there are more concurrent subscribers using the service in the same area, the access speed will be impacted. Therefore, access speed for the service may not be desirable or compatible to your subscribed plan especially during peak hours. For further enquiries or feedback, please call our hotline at 1688 or +6562351688 from overseas (IDD charges payable.)

If you encounter slow speed you can go to :

Mobile Partner:

- Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > NETWORK

by default network type will show WCDMA preferred try changing it to

WCDMA only

Mobile Connect:

- Go to SETTINGS > CONNECTION TYPE > 3G only

This should help to make the surfing faster.


Thank you for your support and have a pleasant day




Yours sincerely




Michael Hiew
Customer Care - Mobile General Enquiries
Singapore Telecom Mobile Pte Ltd
Company registration number: 199406031E

agree... a general template used to reply to all enquiries. they don't even bother to customize the reply. if they really care and they do, then the above solution will not work with the iPhone as the options given can't be found :s13:

let's say if i am not familiar with the iPhone and i blindly follow their instructions. i think i'll die trying to set this Go to SETTINGS > CONNECTION TYPE > 3G only

they are really such an arse at customer service. they should learn a thing or two from Apple Customer Service.
 

deep3lue

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
6,465
Reaction score
3
agree... a general template used to reply to all enquiries. they don't even bother to customize the reply. if they really care and they do, then the above solution will not work with the iPhone as the options given can't be found :s13:

let's say if i am not familiar with the iPhone and i blindly follow their instructions. i think i'll die trying to set this Go to SETTINGS > CONNECTION TYPE > 3G only

they are really such an arse at customer service. they should learn a thing or two from Apple Customer Service.


I think the Singtel person's middle name is 'Bo'.. Go check out his name.. :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top