Singtel 3G very slow

Hi_There

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
more ppl shld complain so that they would take actions, ultimately we are the consumers and paying for the stated speed.

now there are more subscribers due to the population growth, telco making more money but with no increase in level of service, and conjestion in the network.

it is time for the telco to take action as i believe the slow 3G network is nothing new for quite some time.
 

xboxseller

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
615
Reaction score
16
braddell area (TPY north) getting 0.3 to 0mbps on iFlexi @ peak hours. i strongly advise people to avoid singtel in this grey area. in tpy north mac also getting this type of speed.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,284
Reaction score
9,028
call and call to feedback. I spoke to a singtel engineer, they say without feedback, they will not know. weird that they say that cos' i'd expect them to go around scanning the connectivity on a regular basis.
 

viberzdae

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
6,859
Reaction score
12
argh.. was running well for the past 1 month after converting to multi-sim.

but for the past 2 days connection suddenly go haywire.

cannot even connect to 3g or make phone calls or receive phone calls. must switch to gsm only then can!! what the **** is wrong with singtel....

my ipad also cannot use the data... ****...

call cso, reset my line then okay for 10mins then problem go bk again....

now the signal is intermitten.. sometimes connected sometimes not....
 

camelot88

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Use 3G very morning to stream BPL from singtel mio on the ip4. No issues at all for streaming often over 1 hour.
 

shengliang1981

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
2,439
Reaction score
174
I am at Alexandra Technopark and cannot even connect to 3G today. There's no problems in the past few weeks. Anyone encounter the same thing recently?
 

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
17,099
Reaction score
5,956
these couple of days at Tampines very bad too.
yest i use speedtest, 4kbps download and 2kbps upload... faint!
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
I am at Alexandra Technopark and cannot even connect to 3G today. There's no problems in the past few weeks. Anyone encounter the same thing recently?

At ATP too. Just updated Air Video apps thru ST 3G. Quite fast leh.
 

shengliang1981

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
2,439
Reaction score
174
At ATP too. Just updated Air Video apps thru ST 3G. Quite fast leh.

At first I tried to restart my iphone, but the problem still persists. Then I tried to turn it off for a few minutes then turn it on again, no more problems after that. weird though...
 

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
17,099
Reaction score
5,956
so unstable.
just test.
1957 kbps and 154kbps... so much difference from yest!
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
I can say I am probably the first few user on Singtel 3G (was doing testing for my company on data even before launch of smart phone), it was already bad then!

Singtel is just out to cheap $$..1mbps is a disgrace to smart phone in a smart nation !
 

efreelancer

Senior Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
1,974
Reaction score
20
Hi all, I'm getting pathetic speeds on 3G too(iFlexi Value). However, I have another line that's also iFlexi Value and with that line, 3G speed flies! I can easily get 3mbps with that. At first I thought I had a sim card problem so I went to get the sim changed but that delivered zero results. Getting singtel to reset your line also yields no results.

I have no idea why my other line can achieve such speeds while my main line can't. I've been trying to solve this issue since March this year and till now, singtel has just been giving me crap about bandwidth sharing, blah blah blah...



Same here. Getting less than 0.5 Mbps everywhere in Sg.

Changed SIM card already.

Now using Android HTC desire Z

Think SIngtel tried to fixed data speed now (IDA please investigate)
 

rosschang

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
1,729
3g had been notably bad of late... sending iMessage takes forever, Whatapp kept trying to connect... FB say coonnection timeout :(
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
ya..at home in hougang a lot of time no 3G connection..

on the NE line Hougang to Woodleigh got 3G, but cannot retrieve any data!

at vendor office in Pasir Panjang, also got 3G, but cannot retreive data 60% of the time...

WTF ???
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,229
Reaction score
101
Didn't know singtel 3G cmi?

I though Snailhub is worse.. Snailhub at least can surf net almost everywhere
 

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
11,101
Reaction score
60
3g seem unstable, keep jumping to 2g on my 3gs.
and i hardly even on 3g in the first place.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top