Singtel 3G very slow

Hi_There

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
the antennagate problem happens when i am using 3G network, but i need to hold the phone in the death grip for about 10s. Signal bar take some time to register the correct signal strength. But the antennagate does not happen in 2G network.

Anyone in the same situation??
 

PsYkOoOoO

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
the antennagate problem happens when i am using 3G network, but i need to hold the phone in the death grip for about 10s. Signal bar take some time to register the correct signal strength. But the antennagate does not happen in 2G network.

Anyone in the same situation??

As I mentioned earlier, only along the Green and Red MRT lines. Haven't tried NEL, but 3G works perfectly fine on the Circle line. I can hold my phone in the "death grip" and it will still work on the Circle line. On the other mentioned lines, however, 3G won't work even if I am not holding the phone.
 

Xie Xiaonam

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
There is no signal (3G) at japan besut. Sad to say as sintel claim better coverage than starhub - 4 bar over there...
 

Hi_There

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
As I mentioned earlier, only along the Green and Red MRT lines. Haven't tried NEL, but 3G works perfectly fine on the Circle line. I can hold my phone in the "death grip" and it will still work on the Circle line. On the other mentioned lines, however, 3G won't work even if I am not holding the phone.


tried at home. 3G signal strength drops with grip of death. no signal drop on 2G. btw, i stay in woodlands.
 

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
5,399
Reaction score
1
You can use the APN :) its the same :)

Hi all, I called up SingTel twice again and I was told that we're able to use the both of them without any extra charges at all.

I just can't figure out why they would provide contradictory information.

I also call them to verify and was told it's within the data plan data usage quota. No additional charge. Why are people provide different views here?

Anymore people can verify the statement.

Yes i can verify they say won't charge.

Hi all, I just called up SingTel Mobile and the CSO told me that if I used the above settings on my current line (iFlexi Value), I would be charged for any data usage incurred while those settings are active. Apparently, those settings are for the BBoM devices.

However, if you have an iPad with an iPad data plan, you are able to make use of the above settings without any extra charges.

I'm a little wary of what she told me, so I'll just wait for my next bill to come.

ermmm after looking thru...can i say thats its safe to use the APn:internet?
in a sense that no xtra charges except for our own data plan usage?

i have just changed it..but nt tested..
 

Kijori

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,613
Reaction score
0
GPS is not via singtel leh. its connected to the satellites. even if you talk about A-GPS, its through the data, so what extra charge u talking about?

it's not what i talking about... it's that bloody Singtel CSO who told me this! i'm merely relaying to you guys what he told me... sheesh!
 

sHaDy69

Master Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
6
the antennagate problem happens when i am using 3G network, but i need to hold the phone in the death grip for about 10s. Signal bar take some time to register the correct signal strength. But the antennagate does not happen in 2G network.

Anyone in the same situation??

i hav the same situation as u...singtel 3g is really very slow! even after changing APN to internet
 

chillpill

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
265
Reaction score
0
Ok heres my official findings after 4 days of testing and just sharing some info

APN settings does affect battery life and its quite substantial.

2 days on "internet" and 2 days on "e-ideas"

charge up to 100% before i go to bed and leave it on standby till morning abt 9hrs of standby

"internet" - drains about 10 to 11 %

"e-ideas" - drains only 2 to 3 %

daily usage harder to monitor but under "e-ideas" setting my batt can last about 2 days while "internet" setting 1 working day come home left with 20 to 30%

but have to add changing to internet does give a super duper speed boost :)

Note : this applies to my phone only......
 

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2001
Messages
23,995
Reaction score
5
before i was only getting 360kbps max, now can get 2.5mbps here in my room! first cso there told me to change sim i said that will not work because i can connect to 3g but its just slow. now the speed is consistent. man the complaining process really is stressful but atleast it got the problem solved.

btw apn adress change actually no impact the tech support in comm centre said...

Pls advise what changes they made. I have the same problem and have reset the iPhone network settings & used this sim card on other iPhones, same slow speed. Could it be due to SingTel backend setting for my line? Thank you
 

GGGGGG

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
5,162
Reaction score
19
Something to share.

I went through 1688, and was transferred to the Network Coverage department. The CSO told me changing APN to Internet will allow you to surf on a different platform, different from IDEAS. And he says it's chargeable, and not under the 12GB usage. I don't know if it's true or not. But i left it at default settings.
 

GGGGGG

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
5,162
Reaction score
19
And also, SingTel CSO gave me a call after I left a complaint feedback yesterday at their website. I explained all my disputes, guess what they said? Yes sir I understand. & all they can say is due to the network traffic, if many SingTel customers at my area = lag. seriously i don't know whats the point of them calling, if they can't address concerns by us, customers.
 

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
5,399
Reaction score
1
Something to share.

I went through 1688, and was transferred to the Network Coverage department. The CSO told me changing APN to Internet will allow you to surf on a different platform, different from IDEAS. And he says it's chargeable, and not under the 12GB usage. I don't know if it's true or not. But i left it at default settings.

i called 2 days back...they assure me its the same 12gb that it is using
tat guy even tok to their iphone technical team...onli said tat its is using the same data but tethering might nt work...

i tink either ur cso smoke u or as usual miscomm at sintel...
 

GGGGGG

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
5,162
Reaction score
19
i called 2 days back...they assure me its the same 12gb that it is using
tat guy even tok to their iphone technical team...onli said tat its is using the same data but tethering might nt work...

i tink either ur cso smoke u or as usual miscomm at sintel...

Oh, but in terms of network speeds, did they comment on it whether there will be any improvements made.
 

avalondigo

Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
And also, SingTel CSO gave me a call after I left a complaint feedback yesterday at their website. I explained all my disputes, guess what they said? Yes sir I understand. & all they can say is due to the network traffic, if many SingTel customers at my area = lag. seriously i don't know whats the point of them calling, if they can't address concerns by us, customers.

i had same exp, they called me and told me about that as well
but refused to give me compensation :s27:

no point calling, wasting our time
 
Last edited:

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
Yes changing to Internet does increase my speed by a little.
 

dimm88

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
using apn:internet. my internet speed became faster.

I am using as below:

APN: internet
Username: 65ideas
Password: ideas

Not that the internet speed increase tremendously, honestly speaking i am more comfortable using this setting than the default setting.
 
Last edited:

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
9,436
Reaction score
5
Ok heres my official findings after 4 days of testing and just sharing some info

APN settings does affect battery life and its quite substantial.

2 days on "internet" and 2 days on "e-ideas"

charge up to 100% before i go to bed and leave it on standby till morning abt 9hrs of standby

"internet" - drains about 10 to 11 %

"e-ideas" - drains only 2 to 3 %

daily usage harder to monitor but under "e-ideas" setting my batt can last about 2 days while "internet" setting 1 working day come home left with 20 to 30%

but have to add changing to internet does give a super duper speed boost :)

Note : this applies to my phone only......

is your phone 3gs or 4g?
 

chillpill

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
265
Reaction score
0
Its the iphone 4 :D

even todays test run, charged at 2am now my batt at 97%. doesnt drain so much juice.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top