sj4000 vs gopro3

Ringwraiths

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
2,634
Reaction score
4
can bring the hero 3 go for swimming and diving ?

Both Gopro and SJ4000 Comes with a underwater housing which enable for swimming or diving.

Gopro3 up to 60m
Gopro3+ up to 40m
SJ4000 to 30m

Correct me if i m wrong
 

Ringwraiths

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
2,634
Reaction score
4
Thanks. 32Gb is what is officially supported, but I'm just interested to find out whether anyone actually tried to stick a 64Gb in there.

Yes max its 32GB but hmmm i havnt tried for the 64GB if it can support not.

Ideal its 32GB with Class 10 - Faster write speed and not laggy.
 

sinmarket

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
631
Reaction score
0
Yes max its 32GB but hmmm i havnt tried for the 64GB if it can support not.

Ideal its 32GB with Class 10 - Faster write speed and not laggy.

For most Nand flash or memory card, USB, SD card from low capacity to max 32Gb it is using standard FAT system.

For cards beyond 32GB it is using different command of system to store data. Thus the device must be able to handle this function.

I do not have 64GB micro SD with me to test. I find it too expensive and heart pain if I loose the card. Since the manufacturer say Max 32GB, I don't think it works with 64GB. :)
 

Ringwraiths

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
2,634
Reaction score
4
Btw I just checked mine Hero3 Spec...it indicate "Support MicroSD Cards up to 64GB" so i guess 64GB card can be used.
 

sinmarket

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
631
Reaction score
0
Btw I just checked mine Hero3 Spec...it indicate "Support MicroSD Cards up to 64GB" so i guess 64GB card can be used.

Hero 3 or 3+ and AEE SD21 model and above support 64GB.
They are running on much advance processor.

Video Camera are meant to be short clip.
I see no point investing on high capacity card.
 

circuitbreaker

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2014
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Anybody know if qoo10 is a reliable source for go pro? Their selling the gopro3+black for just 485
Apparently have good reviews and comes w one year warranty
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
Anybody know if qoo10 is a reliable source for go pro? Their selling the gopro3+black for just 485
Apparently have good reviews and comes w one year warranty

qoo10 is like every other e-commerce sites like DX, aliexpress, etc, etc. They're the middleman for buyers/sellers. U hve to do ur own research. For high value product, if there is a physical shop in S'pore, tat would be great as u can revert to it for any issues...but this is no guarantee tat u getting the real or good deal. Eg, warranty can mean inshop...which means it is not covered by manufacturer.....thus, u've to make ur due diligence before making a decision....remember.....caveat emptor.
 

veryred

Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2009
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
How is the stills quality compared to gopro?


This is with a gopro hero 3 silver ed


this is with sj4000

same place but different angle.

The main difference is that the sj4000 gets really really blue in the picture. Some people likes the vibrancy of the colour but I don't.
Overall the image quality is still ok. For the price I am paying, I will say it is worth it.
 

sinmarket

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
631
Reaction score
0
Taken with POSH SJ4000.
No tripod.

Picture Pixel = Max
Picture Quality = Normal
HDR = ON
Stabilizer = ON

18050002_zps880922ed.jpg
 

starbugs

Master Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2000
Messages
3,037
Reaction score
204
I just got my SJ4000. Plugged in my Sandisk 64GB MicroSD from my other camera. Seems to work well
 

camelsback

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
1,834
Reaction score
104
Taken with POSH SJ4000.
No tripod.

Picture Pixel = Max
Picture Quality = Normal
HDR = ON
Stabilizer = ON

18050002_zps880922ed.jpg


This is with a gopro hero 3 silver ed


this is with sj4000

same place but different angle.

The main difference is that the sj4000 gets really really blue in the picture. Some people likes the vibrancy of the colour but I don't.
Overall the image quality is still ok. For the price I am paying, I will say it is worth it.
Thanks. The max is 1080 resolution right? With enough lighting is it blur? Cos I know sj for night stills is very very bad
 

sinmarket

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
631
Reaction score
0
Thanks. The max is 1080 resolution right? With enough lighting is it blur? Cos I know sj for night stills is very very bad

1080 setting is for the video.
For the still I set to the max megapixel.

These cameras as meant for video thus I don't expect good quality picture.
This applies to all action cameras.

Cheers
 

sinmarket

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
631
Reaction score
0
POSH SJ4000 available in Challenger outlets
I think there is Free gift for Members. :D

Funan
Parkway
Tampines
Vivo City
Plaza Spore
IMM
JEM
Jurong Point
NEX

:s12:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top