Some tips to navigate boards/pcw

Yueming

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows whether a deluxe membership will get rid of the ads (is this membership still available) ? I don't mind paying a regular subscription like for YouTube to get rid of ads.

I'm using the Samsung browser on a tablet in portrait view (Chrome is similar; doesnt matter whether you are using web app). What really IRRITATES me is that each time I go to a new page on the forum, the items on the page will be moving around for a second or two, as it formats the ads on the page. Very often, I would want to click on a link only to miss it as the whole page shifts because of the appearing ads. WTF!

The whole experience has become a real pain.
U need to Add Brock

bump&bump

Reaction score
Why the bug reporting thread showing this error message again ? Can view all other threads except this bug reporting topic.

Windows 10, browsers : Edge & Chrome same thing.

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Every now and then I see this error, which only happens for this bug reporting thread. Usually it will become ok after some time.

It seems trying to view the last page of this thread will trigger this error. Can view all the earlier pages, except the last page.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not yet, but hopefully we'll have.
The current User CP tracks your replies, threads you've chosen to watch/bookmark and if you've left a reaction. So the latter is an option for you to check on what you've seen/read without actual participation or bookmarking.

For now.
I think the move to this new platform is a premature one since some of the much needed features aren’t available.

Management should’ve got the development team to have all the old features made available before migrating to this new platform. Also the UI isn’t half as user friendly as the one on the HWZ app. Newer in this case certainly isn’t better.

Omnia1

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the move to this new platform is a premature one since some of the much needed features aren’t available.

Management should’ve got the development team to have all the old features made available before migrating to this new platform. Also the UI isn’t half as user friendly as the one on the HWZ app. Newer in this case certainly isn’t better.
You're very kind. I would characterize the move as a disaster from a user perspective.

But then again, perhaps the move meets the revenue objectives of SPH. So in their eyes, it has been a resounding success. Users be damned ...

eng60340

Reaction score

On ios

How to hide the extra threads at beginning

——-
Chill-out/hangout den
Tv mania
Events

sticky threads

—-
I just want to only see regular thread

*update*
I click ignore and found that tv mania cannot be ignored

Last edited:

A-No-Ne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i request for the sticky section to be trimmed down? this together with the ads really make scrolling down a chore. alternatively cut down on the size on those ads.

irregardless

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
appears on all pages, including the thread list. And when the notification goes to zero, when I go to next thread (not supposed to have notification), it will shows up 1 and then quickly goes to zero.
oh i think thats cos need to clear the notifications beyond 1st page. bottom left theres a "show all" then clear from there

GoodBetterBest

Reaction score
oh i think thats cos need to clear the notifications beyond 1st page. bottom left theres a "show all" then clear from there
I don't really understand...
seems like a bug. If it's a feature, then better change it cause if I don't have any notification, I see a red 1 and then it disappears, confusing.

irregardless

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand...
seems like a bug. If it's a feature, then better change it cause if I don't have any notification, I see a red 1 and then it disappears, confusing.
did you try going to page 2 of your notif and see if any highlighted notif you not cleared yet? if so then i not sure whats the prob

Mistranslated

Master Member
Reaction score
For long threads, I will sometimes get landed on page 2 or 3 of thread (instead of page 1) when I click on title. Is this because I had a setting to remember where I left off enabled? How to disable it?

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For long threads, I will sometimes get landed on page 2 or 3 of thread (instead of page 1) when I click on title. Is this because I had a setting to remember where I left off enabled? How to disable it?

At the moment, it seems to know/track what you've viewed and land you where you've supposedly not seen the new posts.

If you have seen all the posts within the thread, clicking on the title brings you to the first post (or the last post based on your display view settings on VBB).

Fortunately, you can jump to the last page directly without entering the thread.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh guys/gals now cannot auto upload photo from phone liao ah. Last time can via app/imgur leh.

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
testing..
H6Bdp2x.gif

Last edited:

testart

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to find thread started by myself?

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How to find thread started by myself?
Check out tip no.11 here:-

You can also search for them --- the advanced search is quite comprehensive.

You can also click your own profile user name and, click it again to land on the dedicated profile page -- that will give you options to see all your contributed posts/threads.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.