Speakers Dilemma!

steelhorse

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
how do these compare to bose??



a67f096809415ca1c9f112d96d27689b.jpg
 

oyama85

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for a 5.1.
I know the Logitech z5500 is recommended for gaming and all, but music, the 2.1 Aego M is recommended.
Is there any thing thats priced similar to z5500 thats 5.1 and good for music ?
Anyone knows Aego T price ?

Thanks
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,873
Reaction score
3,143
Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for a 5.1.
I know the Logitech z5500 is recommended for gaming and all, but music, the 2.1 Aego M is recommended.
Is there any thing thats priced similar to z5500 thats 5.1 and good for music ?
Anyone knows Aego T price ?

Thanks

Aego T? :s31:

IIRC, the CE sales assistant told me it cost around $1.2k.
 

oyama85

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
Hi, thx for the price notification. But do you think its worth the $1.2k ?
Im using an integrated soundcard at the moment actually.
Wonder if the spkers will be under-utilised ?

Any comments is appreciated. Thanks !
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,873
Reaction score
3,143
Hi, thx for the price notification. But do you think its worth the $1.2k ?
Im using an integrated soundcard at the moment actually.
Wonder if the spkers will be under-utilised ?

Any comments is appreciated. Thanks !

I am on budget, so that's why I get myself an Aego-M. If my budget allows, I would have gone Adelphi shopping for bookshelf speakers. :s13:

I think you should go and audition them, but using integrated sound card don't do justice to the speakers if you buy them.
 

oyama85

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
Cool, may I ask where can I actually try them ?
Adelphi is same level as aego or higher ?
I find the 1.2k is already very high. But I wonder where can I test them ?
Maybe its worth the money.
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,400
Reaction score
3,685
Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for a 5.1.
I know the Logitech z5500 is recommended for gaming and all, but music, the 2.1 Aego M is recommended.
Is there any thing thats priced similar to z5500 thats 5.1 and good for music ?
Anyone knows Aego T price ?

Thanks

I got a suggestion.. get the Z5500 then change the front 2 sat to USHER S520... :) U get the best of both world.. when u wanna music change change to STEREO in the control pod.;)
 

oyama85

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
Erm, how much is the USHER S520 ?
Actually I would prefer to get a full set which is ez for plug and play.
Know where can I go for some testing ?
 

jonathanckh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
2,192
Reaction score
0
Cool, may I ask where can I actually try them ?
Adelphi is same level as aego or higher ?
I find the 1.2k is already very high. But I wonder where can I test them ?
Maybe its worth the money.

Adelphi is a shopping centre. Most of the shops are audio shops. It is located directly opposite Funan.
 

oyama85

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
Oops, din know that. Anw I was searching the net when I came upon Bose companion 5.
Its a 2.1 but it acts like a 5.1 and it consists of only 1 cable, the usb. But priced at $749.
Anyone have any comments on this setup ? Thanks !
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,873
Reaction score
3,143
Oops, din know that. Anw I was searching the net when I came upon Bose companion 5.
Its a 2.1 but it acts like a 5.1 and it consists of only 1 cable, the usb. But priced at $749.
Anyone have any comments on this setup ? Thanks !

Since you made up your mind to get the BOSE, then you use already and post your reviews. :D

Most of us can't or do not want to buy BOSE.
 

oyama85

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
I actually went to test it at PS, hmm I duno why it didnt felt as shiok as to when I hear it b4.
Went to order z5500 instead. Hope its as good as it should be. =D
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,873
Reaction score
3,143
I actually went to test it at PS, hmm I duno why it didnt felt as shiok as to when I hear it b4.
Went to order z5500 instead. Hope its as good as it should be. =D

The source of music is also important.

Anyway, Z5500 is not the best when it comes to music listening. A 2.1 set should suffice.
 

zero7090

Master Member
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
2,884
Reaction score
0
hi, i planning to get altec lansing vs2421 .
is this good for its price and 2.1 speaker ?
 

thesingingbard

Master Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
3,133
Reaction score
0
i recently got Gigabyte GP-S7500 (2.1). I'm very satisfied with them. However, I haven't listened to Aego M or Bose Companion, so I can't compare them. Plus I doubt you can audition S7500 in SimLim, coz I've yet to come across any shops that plays Gigabyte's speakers for listening.

if you're looking for music first and gaming second, my experience (not much) says look out for a 2.1 with 2 satellites (preferably 1" tweeter + 3~5" cones) and a sub (6" or larger).

if you're thinking of 2.0, can consider monitor speakers... Behringer MS-16 monitor speakers (~$150).

Good luck, let us know what you got and their performance.
 

lyjg1214

Banned
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
免费网络电话1‘

公司简介卓尔达(北京)科技发展有限公司专业从事网络通信产品研发和推广,与中国七大运营商之中国网通、中国电信、中国铁通有着长期、卓尔达广泛的合作,是中宽网信科技有限公司的良好合作伙伴。卓尔达公司创立屹今卓尔达,一直坚持市场为导向,坚持科学化管理,卓尔坚持向客户提供高科技、高质量、高性价比产品和优质、专业卓尔达、高效的全程服务,让每一个客户装得放心用得安心。经过努力,企业取得了令同行业为之惊叹的业绩,在
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top