Starhub Giga

mybigcannon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2011
Messages
16,016
Reaction score
38
Your location?
New estate.

Now i know why Kiwi, when situated in established areas/zones the speed is stellar....

Heads up for those living in new estate or areas, Giga's coverage/speed will really let you cough blood.
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
New estate.

Now i know why Kiwi, when situated in established areas/zones the speed is stellar....

Heads up for those living in new estate or areas, Giga's coverage/speed will really let you cough blood.

For new estate always this issue. Telco don't have a nearby base station or base station was not upgrade to take increase of people moving in.

My friend moved into Tampines North also vomit blood connection with M1. He hdb is too FAR away from the old flats so getting poor data speed.
 

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
you will rx SMS to inform you that port-in has done.
You can use your existing SIM card until it no longer can access, then you put in Giga SIM card.
Does anyone know how much time does it take for this porting to be completed?

I ported from Singtel to Giga. Couple of hours ago I received email (not SMS) that porting is completed. I swapped SIMs, the Giga app shows my old number with the Giga SIM card. However imessage and phone on iphone does not show my old number. Rebooting phone, removing SIM and putting it back did not help. When I tried to get SMS (from Citi online banking), I did not receive anything.

P.S. APN is setup correctly. When I tried to call, I am getting busy signal.
 

guyz92

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
300
Does anyone know how much time does it take for this porting to be completed?

I ported from Singtel to Giga. Couple of hours ago I received email (not SMS) that porting is completed. I swapped SIMs, the Giga app shows my old number with the Giga SIM card. However imessage and phone on iphone does not show my old number. Rebooting phone, removing SIM and putting it back did not help. When I tried to get SMS (from Citi online banking), I did not receive anything.

P.S. APN is setup correctly. When I tried to call, I am getting busy signal.
When I port over from giga to Zero1(Singtel), it look about 1 working day for everything to work correctly.

Some problem I face is I can't call out but I can receive incoming calls.

Just wait 1 working day for it to function correctly.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,693
Reaction score
678
Yesterday port to giga. This morning my circle life sim card cannot use liao but my number still not transfer to giga leh. Very funny
 

Elite5

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
2,006
Reaction score
630
Anyone experiencing intermittent disconnection on mobile network even though your phone showing 4G+?

Samsung S10+ user here.
 

Elite5

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
2,006
Reaction score
630
So your intermittent disconnection as in phone on and off showing no network or data issue?

if data issue make sure your APN is set to GIGA.
Browsing the web or using apps and suddenly no data network, page no loading etc. While phone still displaying 4G+ network
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
Browsing the web or using apps and suddenly no data network, page no loading etc. While phone still displaying 4G+ network
Oh I use to have this issue when I using SH APN instead or GIGA APN.

Is a on and off issue. Some user says they don't encounter issue on Starhub APN.

For Android devices,
Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
or Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
or Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
Add the giga APN:
Name: giga
APN: giga
Everything else is left blank
Instructional APN video for Android:
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Giga's new set of prefix numbers are released. Better go get your free nice looking numbers quickly if you intend to get a Giga line, haa.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top