Starhub Giga

tanchoo1

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
687
giga’s Earth Hour Special: 20GB for $18 pop-up plan
Free Rollover Data, Caller ID and Incoming Calls. No contract
Available from 27-31 Mar.
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,549
Reaction score
2,866
Need advice from experts here.

After my wife changed her plan to Giga, I can no longer make a voice call to her. I will get directed to her voicemail. I'm using Huawei Mate 20 and Singtel.

If I use iPhone on Starhub to call her, it works.


Could it be Singtel issue or Huawei phone issue?

Did you switch APN to Giga?
 

lkjh00

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
2
I’m using my same number port over from singtel to giga $18 plan for almost a month and all setting follow giga instructing, just today first time do online purchase using Citibank OTP but was unable to receive OTP sms. Tried resend OTP request twice and still not receiving!!! Am using iphone 11 max pro with latest update and never have any issue with otp Sms previously. Normal sms from friends can work though!! Anyone facing such problems? Anyone can help??
 
Last edited:

wikising

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2020
Messages
51
Reaction score
21
I’m using my same number port over from singtel to giga $18 plan for almost a month and all setting follow giga instructing, just today first time do online purchase using Citibank OTP but was unable to receive OTP sms. Tried resend OTP request twice and still not receiving!!! Am using iphone 11 max pro with latest update and never have any issue with otp Sms previously. Normal sms from friends can work though!! Anyone facing such problems? Anyone can help??

It could be the bank's problem sometimes. Experienced it before.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
I’m using my same number port over from singtel to giga $18 plan for almost a month and all setting follow giga instructing, just today first time do online purchase using Citibank OTP but was unable to receive OTP sms. Tried resend OTP request twice and still not receiving!!! Am using iphone 11 max pro with latest update and never have any issue with otp Sms previously. Normal sms from friends can work though!! Anyone facing such problems? Anyone can help??

Encounter before on PayPal. If Citibank's otp services is from overseas, it's not supported on Giga.
 

lkjh00

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
2
Encounter before on PayPal. If Citibank's otp services is from overseas, it's not supported on Giga.

What the xxxx, If that’s the reason seriously I’m disappointed and regretting crossing to mvno!!! Meaning all local Citi credit card holders cannot use OTP on mvno😲😲😲
 

lkjh00

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
2
Another point to highlight about Giga voice call . . . . Is it normal when calling out there is always a long pause like 5 seconds then the call get connected?

And when someone call and I answer, the call will goes silence for 5-10 seconds either I can’t hear the caller talk or the caller can’t hear me talk.

I know that mvno voice calling switches from 4g to 3g but is above problems normal and is what to be expected from a 4g to 3g call? Thanks
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
What the xxxx, If that’s the reason seriously I’m disappointed and regretting crossing to mvno!!! Meaning all local Citi credit card holders cannot use OTP on mvno😲😲😲
Don't jump to conclusions la, probably the network slow or Citi's provider lagging. I've been using Citi otp on Giga for months.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
no problem with giga on all my various banks OTP, life is normal after switching from stinktel to giga..

just tested calling my giga..no such 5 sec pause also...

MSF..
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
I can receive PayPal otp no problem on Giga.

Couldn't receive PayPal USA account otp. No issue with most local banks otp though.

When I asked Giga support, they say they don't support overseas incoming sms.
 
Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
no problem with giga on all my various banks OTP, life is normal after switching from stinktel to giga..

just tested calling my giga..no such 5 sec pause also...

MSF..

I have a slightly delay when calling out but not a huge problem.
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
Volte (mainly the 3 main telco) will connect instantly.

Mvno will need to wait about 5 sec. Your phone will drop 4g to 3g before the call get connected.

I have a slightly delay when calling out but not a huge problem.
v
 

lkjh00

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
2
Volte (mainly the 3 main telco) will connect instantly.

Mvno will need to wait about 5 sec. Your phone will drop 4g to 3g before the call get connected.

v

So it’s proven I’m not the only one that experienced delay 5 seconds drop out in incoming/outgoing call when 4g drop to 3g. This problem is magnified during the first 5 seconds when either the caller or the other receiver think there is no one answering the call when I keep saying hello hello hello and either one of us will hang up eventually because we can’t hear any sound responds from the other side of the call!
 
Last edited:

fute22

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
514
Reaction score
2
Couldn't receive PayPal USA account otp. No issue with most local banks otp though.

When I asked Giga support, they say they don't support overseas incoming sms.

I can get SMS OTP from +44 though
 

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
44,241
Reaction score
2,029
Just now when I try to sign up online, cannot reh always stuck at step 2. The whole thing hang... anyone face the same issue?
 

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2002
Messages
6,716
Reaction score
48
Just now when I try to sign up online, cannot reh always stuck at step 2. The whole thing hang... anyone face the same issue?

Use the Giga app is better. I had issues uploading files yesterday while trying to apply online. Managed to settle all on the app. Just got my SIM card this morning. $18 for 20GB plan.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top