Starhub Giga

Aion99

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
394
Reaction score
37
Sian I am on 40gb 300min 300sms plan for $20/mth.

They did not give me the option to change to $18 plan. Only can upgrade to 45gb $25/mth.

Anyway $2 just suck thumb.

Why suckthumb? just cancel the $20 and add a new line.
 

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,038
Reaction score
3,676
Thank for the information but i not using mysim plan my is and old Iphone plan. Thinking switch to cheaper plan. Just call M1 CS and wast told that The M1 $20 my sim only is for new customer only for old user like us if change to my sim only need to play $25 + $5 caller ID total is $30 :(
This M1 really too much. Treat existing customer like ****. If they give sim only for 25$ i still can accept, but 30$. It is 10$ more exp than other mvno..
 

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2013
Messages
7,597
Reaction score
825
Some phones' data tracking do not support changing the start day, so they can only track starting from 1st of the month.

I was wondering why so particular about the 0000. Anyway can see the data usage from the app also
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,512
Reaction score
18,649
Thank for the information but i not using mysim plan my is and old Iphone plan. Thinking switch to cheaper plan. Just call M1 CS and wast told that The M1 $20 my sim only is for new customer only for old user like us if change to my sim only need to play $25 + $5 caller ID total is $30 :(
Same problem here, I asked m1 CSO online with regards switching to new SIM ONLY plan.

I'm currently on the old SIM only plan promo price of $15/MTH. Add $5/MTH for Caller ID. My contract expires in Nov.

I asked them if I can switch to CORI (known as CIS), they said yes, but the new SIM only for new customers. As I'm existing customer, so I will be paying $25/MTH instead, there is no $5 discount per month .
 

twisti

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2008
Messages
5,805
Reaction score
2,862
I just ported my TPG number to giga and can't receive OTP. Newly ported number must wait how long to be able to receive OTP?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,208
Reaction score
17,454
I was wondering why so particular about the 0000. Anyway can see the data usage from the app also

It is good to run the phone data tracking too as a form of counter checking against the telco data tracking.
 

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
19,950
Reaction score
4,152
Same problem here, I asked m1 CSO online with regards switching to new SIM ONLY plan.

I'm currently on the old SIM only plan promo price of $15/MTH. Add $5/MTH for Caller ID. My contract expires in Nov.

I asked them if I can switch to CORI (known as CIS), they said yes, but the new SIM only for new customers. As I'm existing customer, so I will be paying $25/MTH instead, there is no $5 discount per month .

It’s so disappointing that M1 don’t value existing customers
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
It’s so disappointing that M1 don’t value existing customers

Same problem here, I asked m1 CSO online with regards switching to new SIM ONLY plan.

I'm currently on the old SIM only plan promo price of $15/MTH. Add $5/MTH for Caller ID. My contract expires in Nov.

I asked them if I can switch to CORI (known as CIS), they said yes, but the new SIM only for new customers. As I'm existing customer, so I will be paying $25/MTH instead, there is no $5 discount per month .

to be fair, all telcos behave the same, they dun value people who are loyal. however, if you are a betrayer from your current telco, they give you extra perks. like red telco, they give additional 10GB data for people how port from other telco. Same goes to circles life also, their attractive promo is only for port-in customers and not even for new customers.
 

justln

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
30,819
Reaction score
5,886
It’s so disappointing that M1 don’t value existing customers
It's not just M1, all the old/new telcos have zero incentive for customer retention, growth = new customers.
At least with these no contract plans, can just fug off if you not happy and go around shopping for a new provider. Even GIGA isn't innocent of this as shown by their popup plan only available to port ins and new customers.
 

heartywarrior

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2017
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
749
jumped to giga fromm stinktel

finally took the plunge and ported over from stinktel.. process was really seamless.... submitted request yesterday afternoon, port completed just after midnight.... excellent!

so far reception and connectivty is stable and good... reduced my monthly mobile bill by half now...

anyone need a referral code, just pm moizz.... giga all the way!:s12:
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,512
Reaction score
18,649
It’s so disappointing that M1 don’t value existing customers

Actually all MVNO and the other telcos (Starhub and Singtel) does the same, the value new sign ups than current customers.

Unless you are sunrisers and high paying customers with bill over $200, than that will be different story. If your bill is less than that amount, they rather go for new customers who might bring more benefit and maintaining you.

It's also good for their books, having new sign ups to prove to their stakeholders. Let's say you're on SIM Only plan, m1 only get $25 from you, if they allow you to get $20 sim only plan, than they will be making a $5 loss which you should give them $25. Then there are admin costs involved, they rather dont waste time.
 

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
24
Contract with SingTel only due in Early Nov. even I am tempted to sign up for pop up plan with new number on the last day 26 Aug, then pick latest sim delivery date available, maybe would be 31 Aug then receive. Then dun activate sim... wait wait.. maybe 1 oct or ideally 1 nov then activate sim, followed by port in request using app.

Supposed to b do-able.

If any better deals come 9.9 or 10.10, dunno if can ignore the Sim I received, maybe cannot. Maybe can check last year history, how often they do pop up deal.
 
Last edited:

nwh_sg

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Messages
2,193
Reaction score
6
finally took the plunge and ported over from stinktel.. process was really seamless.... submitted request yesterday afternoon, port completed just after midnight.... excellent!

so far reception and connectivty is stable and good... reduced my monthly mobile bill by half now...

anyone need a referral code, just pm moizz.... giga all the way!:s12:

Nice. The porting over is fast. Don't know how fast it would be for porting from Circles.Life?
 

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
24
For sharing. If you need to receive OTP or Transaction alert SMS when overseas. No need activate anything or pay anything to be able to receive SMS when overseas. from Giga FAQ:

Do you offer roaming calls and SMS packs?
We do not offer roaming calls and SMS packs. Only roaming data services is allowed on the giga plan. Good News! You'll be able to receive incoming SMS for free not just in our 48 supported roaming destinations, but in more than 230 destinations!

Can I make and receive calls and SMSes when I'm roaming overseas?
We do not offer roaming calls (both incoming and outgoing) and sending of outgoing SMSes when you're overseas. Good News! You'll be able to receive incoming SMS for free not just in our 48 supported roaming destinations, but in more than 230 destinations!
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,360
Reaction score
3,714
It's not just M1, all the old/new telcos have zero incentive for customer retention, growth = new customers.
At least with these no contract plans, can just fug off if you not happy and go around shopping for a new provider. Even GIGA isn't innocent of this as shown by their popup plan only available to port ins and new customers.

To be fair to Giga, when they increased the $10 plan from 5GB to 6 GB, they did apply it auto to existing customers. So far this newest pop-up is the only one that cannot apply to existing customers for upgrade. And their offers including pop-ups are for life, not like others first X mths only.

Singtel and Starhub in their latest results both cite tough competition. But if their practice is to treat loyal customers differently and only focus on new ones, don't blame us for jumping ship.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top