Starhub Giga

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Don’t think wifi and mobile network are the same despite being the same company. If you want redundancy for mobile than it’s another telco for mobile.
oh is different ah? I always have the impression if wifi is down, means the hp network likely down too. Sorry sorry, technical noob...
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
oh is different ah? I always have the impression if wifi is down, means the hp network likely down too. Sorry sorry, technical noob...
I don’t recall any case where that happened apart from the long time ago data center fire. Btw it’s called fibre broadband, not wifi. Wifi down can also be your own wifi router chui. :p
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,945
Reaction score
1,720
Guys, my current GOMO renew monthly on 24. I have schedule my giga! sim to send to me on 23.
so I will activate on 23 night. Do u all think the timing just nice will cut off GOMO renewal? Or risky? I don’t wish to pay two bills.
 

Arandalo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4,103
Reaction score
1,252
Guys, my current GOMO renew monthly on 24. I have schedule my giga! sim to send to me on 23.
so I will activate on 23 night. Do u all think the timing just nice will cut off GOMO renewal? Or risky? I don’t wish to pay two bills.

Please note that your termination or port-out process has to be started 3 days before your next plan renewal. There will be no refund for the next renewal if this 3-day window is missed or if there was a delay in port-out due to issues from the Telco you are porting to.
https://gomo.sg/faq
Without this 3 day window your are putting yourself at risk. One tip I can share is that if you know that you cannot meet the deadline (for example 3 days before next billing you must successfully port out from your previous telco), you can either replace your credit/debit card saved in your previous telco with a prepaid debit card like Singtel Dash/Wise/Revolut etc and make sure it’s empty of value (so no charge can be made) or you can temporarily lock your credit/debit card via internet banking/calling bank hotline and then unlock again after the billing period is lapsed. I used the latter method.

You can read more from my post in another thread. I successfully ported out of GOMO with only 1 working day before next renewal.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...hoot-port-in-port-outs.6783355/post-142943895
In your case technically there’s 0 working days, so not sure if you’ll get away with it. Also you are assuming the porting will be successful on the first attempt but that’s not always the case. But can always use the above tip as a precaution.
 
Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
Guys, my current GOMO renew monthly on 24. I have schedule my giga! sim to send to me on 23.
so I will activate on 23 night. Do u all think the timing just nice will cut off GOMO renewal? Or risky? I don’t wish to pay two bills.
dun think anyone can plan nicely one.. whenever doing porting, be ready to pay for overlapping bills..
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
Guys, my current GOMO renew monthly on 24. I have schedule my giga! sim to send to me on 23.
so I will activate on 23 night. Do u all think the timing just nice will cut off GOMO renewal? Or risky? I don’t wish to pay two bills.
Lose out on a dollar or two to overlap the dates, or risk an entire month’s subscription?
 

Man_U#1333

Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2022
Messages
184
Reaction score
77
Hi, received port over confirmation via email. Able to access to Giga data. However I am not able to receive incoming call and sms. When using another phone to call my number…it say your singtel number is no longer in use. However able to receive WhatsApp call with the same number. Tried sms..also unable to receive incoming sms. Is the a common issue that need 1 more working day to be able to receive calls or sms of the ported over number? Thanks for advice in advance
 

twisti

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2008
Messages
5,805
Reaction score
2,862
Hi,I try reinsert and reset network settings also not working. Live chat and email giga also no response and keep advise my VOLTE is activated and actually is still not working

Hi, did you manage to get VOLTE to work? My mum 's VOLTE also not working. The customer service agent on live chat advised they did something on the backend and VOLTE should work now. Its been few days and its still not working

For my dad, VOLTE is automatically enabled without doing anything. Both are using Samsung A52S. Strange
 

vuzuuu

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
1,145
Reaction score
44
I have just purchased GIGA AUTOROAM plan 1G+1G at $5 for my coming trip to Malaysia next week.
May I know what are the settings for iphone?
Where could I set a reminder for the autoroam data usage as I don't want to get a big bills after I return.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top