StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

Sadist4life

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
854
Reaction score
50
i hate to call starhub as it under my dad name and i need to go dig up the account and get his ic and all that things, let wait till after 3 june their maint. and see does it become ok:(:(

EDIT: Just saw on the website. Strangely they didn't combine into one post with a "Dear valued MaxOnline, MaxInfinity & Digital Voice customers,"
 
Last edited:

AceyourMaths

Banned
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
8,320
Reaction score
0
i hate to call starhub as it under my dad name and i need to go dig up the account and get his ic and all that things, let wait till after 3 june their maint. and see does it become ok:(:(


haha me is diff...I automatically become my father when they ask for his IC...luckily i rem his ic by heart.:s13:
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
haha me is diff...I automatically become my father when they ask for his IC...luckily i rem his ic by heart.:s13:

Same! Some more people say my voice is almost like my father's. And I ask them to address by my surname so they have no idea.
 

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2001
Messages
6,021
Reaction score
50
Plug directly no issue?

You are on Direct ONT right? If not you couldn't hook yourself directly.

ChEck your router(ASUS) CONFIGURATION
ya lor are u on direct ONT? if u r the supplied Dlink will not work anymore.
If u requested for direct ONT there is a disruption period.
Need more details to help. If never request for direct ONT then u should try the supplied Dlink router only. To get things going.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
ya lor are u on direct ONT? if u r the supplied Dlink will not work anymore.
If u requested for direct ONT there is a disruption period.
Need more details to help. If never request for direct ONT then u should try the supplied Dlink router only. To get things going.

NEgative. I can still get the dlink to work with direct ONT.
 

AceyourMaths

Banned
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
8,320
Reaction score
0
Wa...i think a very prolific hacker lives near me. This is not the first time.

I changed my router password and network password and my network becomes fast and smooth again. The hacker used my network nevermind but he can use until my network so lag...he must be a very heavy user...
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Hmm he's recommending the "play safe" method, to count out the possibility of the 3rd party router being the cause of the problem.

meaning?

Wa...i think a very prolific hacker lives near me. This is not the first time.

I changed my router password and network password and my network becomes fast and smooth again. The hacker used my network nevermind but he can use until my network so lag...he must be a very heavy user...

hmm.. WPA2?
 

Sadist4life

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
854
Reaction score
50
guys...

got a super problem here.

D-link or Asus router plug to NC and both routers cannot connect to the internet.

Bypass both routers and plug directly to NC has internet access but very very slow.

Called starhub and they say area no problem.

Living in Sembawang, anyone got the same issue ???

ya lor are u on direct ONT? if u r the supplied Dlink will not work anymore.
If u requested for direct ONT there is a disruption period.
Need more details to help. If never request for direct ONT then u should try the supplied Dlink router only. To get things going.

NEgative. I can still get the dlink to work with direct ONT.

Hmm he's recommending the "play safe" method, to count out the possibility of the 3rd party router being the cause of the problem.


In a nutshell, Bieffe was advising Clock to try using the default setup that SH provisioned (D-Link router->NC/ONT->OpenNet port) provided that Clock did not request SH for direct ONT. Ok wait. I think I was addressing the latter part while you were addressing the former (direct ONT = Dlink unusable part).
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
In a nutshell, Bieffe was advising Clock to try using the default setup that SH provisioned (D-Link router->NC/ONT->OpenNet port) provided that Clock did not request SH for direct ONT. Ok wait. I think I was addressing the latter part while you were addressing the former (direct ONT = Dlink unusable part).

exactly.
10chars
 

MarkChenTW

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
0
Wa...i think a very prolific hacker lives near me. This is not the first time.

I changed my router password and network password and my network becomes fast and smooth again. The hacker used my network nevermind but he can use until my network so lag...he must be a very heavy user...

lol.... off wifi and use wired? reduce broadcast strength and setup multiple AP so it wont ever reach outside your house?

having said that did u notice extra user or devices? else u are just ....

Wifi password to block wifi hijack has long been useless... MAC filter are no better as some router reply the entire arp table... so.. best is just to go wired.

having said that, if he is pro enough he won't need you.. he have starhub coxial port for him to hack in his hse(most likely) :/
 

MarkChenTW

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
0
NB...anyone facing intermittent internet connection fibre network?

lol my mum have been nagging non-stop for a week now.. Starhub really need to fix the dc issue but they are refusing to listen to anything becoz I direct ONT... hais.. I bet no one even escalate my case >_<.

btw anyway keep receving these sms like "if you have any technical issue please reply this sms in 3days?"

Everytime I was "promised" a call back i receive this sms with no attempt of call... followed by a delay call and hang up in 1-2 ring...

someday I will go taiseng and escalate my own trouble ticket myself..
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Actually, Starhub has changed the plans somewhat. We're supposed to have symmetric upload and download speeds.

Sorry OnePunchMan for drowning out that part of your post in the little debate we had.

Starhub's page says that



but it appears to be the old description for the speed boost for cable customers a long while back :(

And on Starhub's own speed test I'm also unable to get a symmetric upload speed.

thats what I thought till I reallise they just change it on the website.

and the answer is no..

Exactly what I meant on visiting Starhub.
 

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,796
Reaction score
96
Anyone able to get same upload speed as download speed?

thats what I thought till I reallise they just change it on the website.

and the answer is no..

I also noticed that they have changed the upload speed to be the same as the download speed on their website http://www.starhub.com/content/broadband/homebroadband.html.

When I signed up in 2011, my speed is 100/50. Just now when I tested, it's still 100/50 instead of 100/100.

I called the CSO and she said that she can't detect my Dlink router. I told her I'm using a ASUS router (direct ONT), she said she can't checked if the DLink router is not connected :( I told her forget it.
 
Last edited:

wcmonk

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
1,742
Reaction score
10
hi just to check is any one here able to watch any video from dramacrazy??
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top