StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

wcmonk

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
1,742
Reaction score
10
yes
10chars

hi do mind sharing info on your connection like is it direct did u go through proxy or just a normal connection setup by starhub ? i had being searching and trying to watch from the site ever since i change to fiber but the video jsut wun load no matter what (speedy joe) I was thinking how to resolve it and how to raise a case to sh is required
 

Sadist4life

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
854
Reaction score
50
I also noticed that they have changed the upload speed to be the same as the download speed on their website StarHub - Broadband - Home Broadband.

When I signed up in 2011, my speed is 100/50. Just now when I tested, it's still 100/50 instead of 100/100.

I called the CSO and she said that she can't detect my Dlink router. I told her I'm using a ASUS router (direct ONT), she said she can't checked if the DLink router is not connected :( I told her forget it.

Most likely the boost is applicable to new subscription plans only, because mine also pulled 100/50 :(
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
I know what I sign up for. Just that the changes in the upload speed does not reflect on my side. I have email to starhub, now waiting for their respond.




huh ? :s22:

you don't know what you signed up for ?

do visit StarHub for an answer.
 

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,619
Reaction score
196
Most likely the boost is applicable to new subscription plans only, because mine also pulled 100/50 :(

Should be applicable to both new and existing plan, most likely haven't been implemented yet since subscriber was not notify. The last time they implement speedboost was for MOL Express earlier this year.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Should be applicable to both new and existing plan, most likely haven't been implemented yet since subscriber was not notify. The last time they implement speedboost was for MOL Express earlier this year.

then imo, they should not put something they have yet to implement or a date beside it.

maybe got T&C but didn't read it coz it wasn't indicated with an * or etc
 

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
18,344
Reaction score
2,605
Just signed 200mbps plan..direct I get 180/130...but I using home plug. it give me 60/50 because of the electrical limitation.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
2750964954.png
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
Starhub call me back. They say they are planning to do so. But has not do yet. They only put update on website and never update on the technical part. They are misleading their consumer.
 

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2000
Messages
5,935
Reaction score
0
Starhub call me back. They say they are planning to do so. But has not do yet. They only put update on website and never update on the technical part. They are misleading their consumer.

lol... they should just insert the effective day for speedboost
 

Sadist4life

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
854
Reaction score
50

Starhub call me back. They say they are planning to do so. But has not do yet. They only put update on website and never update on the technical part. They are misleading their consumer.

lol... they should just insert the effective day for speedboost

Should be applicable to both new and existing plan, most likely haven't been implemented yet since subscriber was not notify. The last time they implement speedboost was for MOL Express earlier this year.

I've got two words for ya: Typical StarHub.
 

MarkChenTW

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
0
I've got two words for ya: Typical StarHub.

what else.. just trying to get ppl to signup in this week it show first loh.. then maybe say 2-5 mths down the line then add the speed or even later :|

waste my time looking through NC plans, thinking there is a under-table deal :x
 
Last edited:

wcmonk

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
1,742
Reaction score
10
No issue here, on SH MIF plan.

Do you have issue watching video from Youtube since all the videos reside there?

i had no problem with video from youtube only video from speedy joe which most video is from.
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
You will not get what u see when u sign up starhub.


what else.. just trying to get ppl to signup in this week it show first loh.. then maybe say 2-5 mths down the line then add the speed or even later :|

waste my time looking through NC plans, thinking there is a under-table deal :x
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top