StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

Sadist4life

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
854
Reaction score
50
Was planning to switch to VQ already. This "maintenance" only further encourages me to switch asap, even if it means having dual plans.
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
nope, i think they already know is a nation-wide issue hence simply redirect the calls away to fix it. No point answering to a call which is likely gonna be having the same question

Dude I was talking about my cable experience a few years back la. Not the one currently happening now.

Nowadays thay redirect to auto machine, back in those day, you wait on the phone long long.
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
Ok everything is back to normal~~~

Anyone manage to call in and ask what happened?
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
I will call in to ask liao. They don't let me recontract to a cheaper promo then I will ask them to waive my bill.
 

Nichi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
21,251
Reaction score
2
no wonder last night around midnight my connection went down...

took the time to shutdown all the systems and give them a rest.

but since i started with starhub fibre in feb this year, this is the first time i encountered outage
 

TrueSpeed

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2001
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
Starhub fibre down again - 3 time in a month

guess we'll be seeing each other on the other side pretty soon :s13:

I have enough of the Green colour:s12:.
****... down again last night at 12:30.
Fibre down 3 time already in a month.
Is time to move to other colour, may be purple will be better.:deg:
 

ohmygod1986

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2006
Messages
9,991
Reaction score
24
Just saw this thread, experienced downtime too last night when setting up my new router. Was really perplexed how I could ping the Google DNS but not access sites through it.

My cable connection was OK throughout. (Just switched to fibre and my cable is not deactivated yet)

LoL then stick with cable :D
 

Nichi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
21,251
Reaction score
2
I have enough of the Green colour:s12:.
****... down again last night at 12:30.
Fibre down 3 time already in a month.
Is time to move to other colour, may be purple will be better.:deg:
which area? your area sway...

last night was the first downtime i had since installed in Feb
 

Sadist4life

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
854
Reaction score
50
I have enough of the Green colour:s12:.
****... down again last night at 12:30.
Fibre down 3 time already in a month.
Is time to move to other colour, may be purple will be better.:deg:
You are the first I've seen in this thread to mention the fibre being down thrice in a month. Mine was worse; 4 times.

Purple is MR right? Some representative PMed me not too long ago. My decision remains the same though. I'd still pick VQ.

MaxOnline Express $59.90/mth when 100Mbps fibre is at $39.90... I have no choice :(
SH is too much already. Within 2 years, the contract price dropped so much. Yet, they don't allow existing subscribers to pay at lower rates.
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Mine since last July until last night then kenna. I wrote in to their starhub cares alr. Going to make sure they allow me to sign a cheaper plan. Homehub bundle last time rush out to match one then now surf and watch only $66
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Oh crap, just checked the promotions page. It used to be 39.90/mth for Express (the old rate I was paying before my home got wired up with fibre) and I thought it should be worth it to switch to fibre given that they're the same price. :s22:

Anyway, after following the instructions here to direct ONT without informing Starhub, I'm a fairly happy (and broke, after buying my own router and PCIE card) user now. Hope that Starhub won't have as much outages as SMRT.

weekly downtime between 2am-6am (just few months back) - no such crap
 

fwl18

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Messages
978
Reaction score
29
Hi guys, i'm thinking of getting HomeHub Platinum @ $83.00/month with 200Mbps fibre plan. The price looks pretty attractive with cable TV! Anyone on the 200Mbps plan and any issues? thanks!
 

TrueSpeed

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2001
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
You are the first I've seen in this thread to mention the fibre being down thrice in a month. Mine was worse; 4 times.

Purple is MR right? Some representative PMed me not too long ago. My decision remains the same though. I'd still pick VQ.


SH is too much already. Within 2 years, the contract price dropped so much. Yet, they don't allow existing subscribers to pay at lower rates.

:s13:yes, I'm refering to MR which is cheaper & more reliable.
Why did you choose VQ over MR?
 

Sadist4life

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
854
Reaction score
50
:s13:yes, I'm refering to MR which is cheaper & more reliable.
Why did you choose VQ over MR?

I prefer their quality of service I guess. Not to mention the static IP is bundled instead of being offered as a bonus. Most importantly though, MR does not own its fibre network. Grabbed from vr-zone: "Their connection to end users is through Nucleus Connect (Starhub-owned)".
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top